Tools on plane? carry on

KRS1

This set rules !...I challenge someone to find another set that has everything this set has...in the same package size. thumbsup.gif

Sounds like advertisement now that you want to sell it in the "Bikes for sales" wink.png

But i agree, its a nice set.smile.png

Eat your cheese.facepalm.gif

well maybe a little, but still...there isnt another set that exist that has the same pieces.

Believe me I looked everywhere.

Edited by KRS1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to keep them, and mail them back. No longer for sale, I'd never find another set like it.

Sentimental value thumbsup.gif

Edited by KRS1

Those knocking this socket set obviously don't use their tools. Cracking bit of kit , when our technicians visit from Singapore they always take a couple of sets back with them to sell on. We get them from a supplier down China town.

we know that the crapiest tools come from China.

• Like 1

Those knocking this socket set obviously don't use their tools. Cracking bit of kit , when our technicians visit from Singapore they always take a couple of sets back with them to sell on. We get them from a supplier down China town.

Would you be kind enough to give me a name and location of the folk that sell them?

I don't think I can go much longer without a set! rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Theyre German not Chinese.

Atleast they were 10 years ago.

Whats the matter, not shiny enough for ya?whistling.gif

Edited by KRS1
  • Like 1

Never! These are tools for winners. They make cbr150 go like rockets.

But for what you need three knives? To fight all the thieves that want to take your tools? laugh.png

To gut fish and wantans, you want to go hiking and camping in the jungle without a knife be my guest.

I suspect that the clamps won't pass muster, sharp and look too much like scissors.

i dont suppose i could point out to them, that i could also stab someone with a screwdriver eh?

BTW I got this set at Homepro, same quality as Craftsmen. Bought it 10 years ago for 1200 baht, last week was at Homepro and they are now 2490 baht !

I would take my 2500 baht and get craftsman

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00935154000P?vName=Tools&cName=Mechanics&AutoTools&sName=Mechanics%20Tool%20Setsmv=rr

Can your Craftsmen do this? Want to pull a carb without pulling the gas tank? No problem ! Or maybe you'd like to turn that air screw, or how about that ring clamp that always turns when you tighten it? Yep those headlight alignment screws can be a real bitch to get to sometimes.

photo0005.jpg

Lets look at your Craftsmen -

1) no swivel,

2) no flex shaft

3) no T-handle

4) no connectable hand driver

5) no socket adaptor for mounting on a drill

6) no ridges on sockets for when things get slippery, but they sure are nice and shiny.

There are however a gazilion sockets that youll probably never use. The wrenches are a nice touch, although too short to get any real leverage, although you can hook a box end onto an open ended wrench.

Anyway all you tool snobs party on, im through with ya.

spin_prod_221014601.jpg

Edited by KRS1
  • Like 1

Never! These are tools for winners. They make cbr150 go like rockets.

But for what you need three knives? To fight all the thieves that want to take your tools? laugh.png

To gut fish and wantans, you want to go hiking and camping in the jungle without a knife be my guest.

Yep, i forgot, This is the jungle forum rolleyes.gif

Edited by wantan

You guys use your tools or have them framed up?

I'm an aircraft maintainer by trade and taught to keep my tools kept clean, oiled and in good working order. It's just personal pride on my part, more than anything :)

think it will pass? Do the hemostats look threatening?

photo0000.jpg

geez mate, you say you love this set.!? Looks like you left it in the rain for a couple of weeks.

Your obviously not a tool guy!

Like hell I'm not

Theyre German not Chinese.

Atleast they were 10 years ago.

Whats the matter, not shiny enough for ya?:whistling:

You better keep them as the ones I just saw at home pro said German design. translation Chinese copy

oh...so now you know who the manufacturer is. coffee1.gif

Them Craftsman ratchets get slippery when they get oily? Sure looks like it, really sucks when they slip out of your hand through an engine bay then onto the floor into a puddle of oil doesnt it.

See the handle grooves in the Meta set, they arent going to slip, any oil gets pushed into the grooves, and there are grooves on all four sides.

See the two black dots on the ratchet? Those are torx heads, you can take it apart and lube the mechanism.

Edited by KRS1

I just bought another Chinese-made accessory today- I got the little 25 liter 2.5hp air compressor that HomePro has on sale for 3500 baht.;)

How do you like it Is it a puma? I was looking at a 3 hp puma but the guy told me no good and tried to sell me another brand. I passed for now.

To the OP i got lucky as when i removed the rear fairing off my bike today i found a set of tools. I know nothing can replace the attachment you have with yours but if you happen to have a tragic loss i will give these to you. These must be good as they look quite old and are complete.

you can clip them on your belt

20130630_193910.jpg

Not a good photo but the hole is there and now you have a handle

20130630_193922.jpg

A very nice assortment too

20130630_193936.jpg

Some extensions

20130630_193942.jpg

I just bought another Chinese-made accessory today- I got the little 25 liter 2.5hp air compressor that HomePro has on sale for 3500 baht.;)

How do you like it Is it a puma? I was looking at a 3 hp puma but the guy told me no good and tried to sell me another brand. I passed for now.

It's not the Puma- it's the red one (it's in the garage and I can't remember the make)- the HomePro guy highly recommended it (not that that means anything;))

I'll use it mostly for filling tires (I like to experiment with different pressures) and maybe I'll do a bit of damage with an impact wrench or angle grinder- I would imagine 25 liters is sufficient for most of what I'll need it for, and the 116psi it puts out is enough to drive most small air tools- if I were a more serious mechanic I would have gone for a larger tank.

I grabbed that 'German' 1/2" drive socket set as well- it's actually not bad for the price.

I've got a rolling tool chest coming soon (probably this week- they're building it- it's a Craftsman knock-off)- I'm trying to fill it up a bit.;)

Im interested in a chest too can u email me the info?

I got it from here- http://www.kuihengpattana.com/Default.aspx?pageid=10

If you scroll down I ordered the WS-620R lower unit with the side cabinet and the TC-X6 six-drawer top box- my wife did all the leg-work- there's no English help- the regular price was about 32K for both, but my FIL knows the owner and he cut me a deal.

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 2

If you scroll down I ordered the WS-620R lower unit with the side cabinet and the TC-X6 six-drawer top box- my wife did all the leg-work- there's no English help- the regular price was about 32K for both, but my FIL knows the owner and he cut me a deal.

They look like Thai made copies of Chinese knock-offs of European designs.

I would imagine I can get them cheaper in China.....but I will have to buy a container full!

Ps: I was referring to these.

post-63954-0-62032200-1372607850_thumb.j

Edited by BSJ

I just bought another Chinese-made accessory today- I got the little 25 liter 2.5hp air compressor that HomePro has on sale for 3500 baht.wink.png

I bought a 25L 2.5Hp direct drive compressor from the tool and paint shop on Sukhumvit Rd, east side, just near the down ramp to take you South.

Great little unit. I run it till it cuts out, pump up the tyres, leave it for 2 weeks, pump up the tyres again, leave it for 2 weeks, pump up the tyres again, leave it for 2 weeks then the next time start it up again. Yes, it hold air well! 2950 baht Orange colour tank.

Nice find, but my one of my pet peeves, call for price. Just list the damn price fookers.!

• Like 1

Nice find, but my one of my pet peeves, call for price. Just list the dam_n price fookers.!

I think they mostly deal with businesses rather than individual consumers, so their prices vary depending on the size of the order- I agree that the lack of pricing is annoying, though.

I heard the quality is pretty decent, but I'm not sure what basis-of-comparison was used (probably not Snap-On;))- I'll post a couple pics and impressions when it shows up- I used to have a similar Crafstman set-up (in the States) that I can judge it against.