Bkk Landlords Like To Rip Off Your Security Deposit?

How likely is it that your apartment landlord will try to rip your security deposit in Bangkok? Claiming that pre-existing scratches, etc., were made by you, etc.?

Will many landlords accept 3 months advance rent in lieu of a security deposit?

I posted about this previously in the Real Estate section, because I didn't know this forum existed.

How likely is it that your apartment landlord will try to rip your security deposit in Bangkok? Claiming that pre-existing scratches, etc., were made by you, etc.?

I posted about this previously in the Real Estate section, because I didn't know this forum existed.

In my experience, you will be very lucky to get your deposit back.

City Mansion in Soi 3, they forced through all kinds of expensive phone calls through their switchboard into our room, and left us with a 30,000B bill. When we refused to pay, they refused to give us the deposit back. Buyer beware :o

Not only Bangkok, Lampang too. My landlady tried every trick in the book to keep the deposit when I moved out, but after 2 months of arguing I did get it back. I ended up losing about 300bt, I saw it as a face saver for her!

Tip....before you actually move in take lots of pictures and a video of the inside and outside of the house, and repeat when you move out.

The second time I moved, here in BKK this time, again I was refused my deposit. I knew that the owner had people moving in the following day so I just refused to move out until I got my deposit back, less enough to cover outstanding bills. While my misses was doing the arguing, in full view of the house owner, I started unloading the truck again. That was enough to convince them to pay up.

i dont pay deposit, just 3 months advance, when it come to time to move, tell them 3 months before and dont pay any rent for the 3 months. Easy.

I was worried about this but had no problem at all, moving out of Omni Tower after a long-term stay. Totally positive experience with the Indian (Sikh) mgmt there.

I'll be moving into another long-term next week (after I find one). How does that go if you use deposit monies for your last several months' rent? No problem with the mgmt/landlord? Sounds like a good solution to me, but that doesn't sound acceptable to the landlord...