Smallest Spli Aircon Unit / Brand available.

Penangfreak

I just bought a brand new portable 12,000 BTU unit that I am now selling. I paid 12k for it but will sell it for 9k however when being used in air-con mode you need to vent it to the outside via window or something.

Looks like smallest that has compressor that you can put outside starts around 8-9000 BTUs

Anything smaller is old-styled one unit that you mount on a window.

I haven't seen any modern window-type A/C in Thailand, looks like they are no longer sold in large numbers, it might even be cheaper to go with a smallest, more conventional split compressor air cond that you can find, probably easier to find parts should it break down too.

Portable A/C might be more flexible, but it's not split compressor that you required and you can't mount them discreetly and there's a duct that you need to run outside

Another option might be to get a ceiling type a/c in the main room and run some duct into the closet

• Like 1

I just bought a brand new portable 12,000 BTU unit that I am now selling. I paid 12k for it but will sell it for 9k however when being used in air-con mode you need to vent it to the outside via window or something.

Air Con is circulating system for interior air - adding warm outside air increases the cost of operation.

Air Con is circulating system for interior air - adding warm outside air increases the cost of operation.

The portable unit doesn't have the compressor that you can put outside, you run the duct/hose from the back of the unit outside otherwise the hot air would be in the room and you won't cool anything