Yingluck tipped to double up as minister of defence

webfact

I don't see why she can't be defence minister. She can do the same as at the National Rice Policy Committee where she is chairperson. Never turn up to meetings and let someone else deal with all the actual work. Someone is already being line up it seems.

Besides this, the prime minister would be surrounded by senior military men, so she would need a highly experienced assistant who can guide and advise her, and coordinate with the military top brass.

The person most qualified to perform that role would be General Yuthasak Sasiprapha, former deputy prime minister and former defence minister, who will reportedly be appointed as deputy PM in charge of security matters to serve as a link between the government and the military, including "the Si Sao residence" of Privy Council President General Prem Tinsulanonda.

Of course the easy option would be for the highly experienced assistant to be the defence minister instead. Maybe I'm just over simplifying things.

It looks like the jobs are going to be given out for various reasons none of which has anything to do with ability.

• Like 1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Yingluck tipped to double up as minister of defence"

I'm really surprised PM Yingluck with all her time demanding activities would still be able to find the spare hours to 'double up' as MoD as well. Those this mean she'll no longer have a five-day workweek?

With all the flak Abhisit copped for only having lectured at a military academy in lieu of national service, can anybody shed any light on Yingluck's past military experiences/credentials? Nobody wants to see any double standards, and surely this will make it more difficult to continue the witch-hunt against Abhisit.

I have heard she's seen Top Gun twice.

"However, sitting in the defence minister's seat is not a piece of cake, because there is no way for "outsiders" to take a short cut to learn about military affairs. Besides this, the prime minister would be surrounded by senior military men, so she would need a highly experienced assistant who can guide and advise her, and coordinate with the military top brass."

Why not make the highly experienced assistant the minister?

She is obviously not qualified.

I mean honestly, not that she isn't clueless, but is the Thai military clued in?

Down south and Cambodia. Outstanding effort so far. Who came up with these expert strategies?

Yes, I can see this happening.. I'm sure she has a lot of Military experience to bring to the table.. I'm sure she would look great in camo. coffee1.gif

Edited by khaowong1
  • Like 1

Im starting to wonder with all the ridiculous events that keep happening am I in a coma or just watching the crapest movie that does not end.

By the way Maybe a new post needs to go up were we can literally see who can come up with the stupidest ideas and see if it happens here.

Sent from my using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

" but the move has met with resistance from the military, which fears she may not understand its culture and needs."

The ones which cannot obey the prime minister should be sacked immideatly. The army is one of the governments tools, nothing more. Every military person that thinks different is a traitor against the Thai people, the Thai king and the Government, and should be treated in accordance of that.

"Yingluck tipped to double up as minister of defence"

I'm really surprised PM Yingluck with all her time demanding activities would still be able to find the spare hours to 'double up' as MoD as well. Those this mean she'll no longer have a five-day workweek?

About the only logic is to create sympathy to

NOT have a coup against a woman Defense Minster and Prime minister the same day.

Other than that there is no logic, other than you can take them both into custody at the same time.

Edited by animatic

" but the move has met with resistance from the military, which fears she may not understand its culture and needs."

The ones which cannot obey the prime minister should be sacked immideatly. The army is one of the governments tools, nothing more. Every military person that thinks different is a traitor against the Thai people, the Thai king and the Government, and should be treated in accordance of that.

Actually the military swears allegiance to the King, just as judges and members of the government do, including the PM.

Actually the military swears allegiance to the King, just as judges and members of the government do, including the PM.

Yes, they swear but do that mean they do what they should ? What have the military to do in a democracy ? Do they have anything to do in the governing of a country ? In most democracies the military personnel swears their loyality to the king or government and the people. Not in Thailand ?

Yes, they swear but do that mean they do what they should ? What have the military to do in a democracy ? Do they have anything to do in the governing of a country ? In most democracies the military personnel swears their loyality to the king or government and the people. Not in Thailand ?

Thailand is not a western democracy. It is not even close to what one considers a democracy. It is stuck between a Constitutional Monarchy, a path to democracy and is at risk of becoming a populist dictatorship. So immediately leave behind trying to compare to western democracies. Thailand is not even close.

The Army is first and foremost loyal to His Most Royal Majesty the King and Her Royal Majesty the Queen, then Thailand and its people. Unfortunately they also have to serve some of the lowest scum in Thailand who happen to be politicians. When any existing democratic principles are being trashed as in 2006 and as these current pack of Pheau Thai criminals and lowlife are trying to do, then the Army will step in to remove their populist dictatorships.

And exactly where is the Army involved in the politics currently. That's Pheau Thai destroying the country not the Army who are on the sideline where they should be.

Comparing the Army who have The King, Thailand and the Thai people foremost (and agree also themselves) to a bunch of governing mafia, criminals and incompetents who have only them and their cronies foremost is a no brainier. But then amazingly there are those who are happy to see Thaksin and his Shinawatra mafia strip any last base corner stones of a fledging democracy away so that they like their neighbouring dictatorial countries can rape and pillage Thailand at even greater rates than in the past.

Edited by Roadman
  • Like 2

Lets just get on with it and call her the Supreme Leader of The Kingdom of Thailand.

Has a much better ring to it.

That title is reserved already ready for the triumphant return of the man in exile. Think North Korea. That's what he wants.