Pattaya Plaza Condotel

Gone

Hi. Any members here staying there or anyone know much about the place on Sukhumvit. The price for rent seems ok and the pool and all but they told me they charge 50 baht per unit for water !!!!!! I asked in both Thai and English and the girl was pretty strait forward on that but that is the most outrageous I have ever heard in ALL of Thailand.

She said that many people shower at the pool to avoid cost but that is a little crazy too. I understand that there is some fee for either maintenance or something which is ok because it is included in the rent BUT hasn't any of the owners of the units fought for lowering the price of water?

Although Electric is only 4 baht per unit which is pretty good the water sure makes up the difference.

Anyone with input on this?

as far as I remember 1 unit of water is 1000 liters at the water authority rate and upto 15 units is a fixed price about 260 baht

after that they charge by unit its not expensive.

I don't know if the place you are asking about counts their units the same way.

That's a large block so likely they are paying 27+/unit to the PWA. So whilst 50 baht is quite a markup but not really extreme and if they are really only charging 4/unit for electricity that more than makes up for the water charge.

Wow, I thought my 30 baht a unit was high not having lived in a condo for years however the 7.34 baht per unit of electricity has you trumped... unfortunately :-(

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement