Hose Nozzles/sprayers That Last More Than A Few Weeks

Mister Doom

I seem to be forever replacing the nozzles that are attached to the hoses around my garden.

They just last a few weeks, then give out. Either break, leak or just fly off when I turn the water on.

I have bought many different types from Carrefour, Homepro and Homemart. All no good.

Anyone know of a good hose shop?

Edited by Mister Doom

Strangely enough, the only one that has lasted is the only one I have with handle, although it does stick and leak a bit, and I doubt it will last much longer. The last one I bought was a very substantial looking brass one from Homepro, and it has just gone. The barrell shoots off everytime I turn the water on. Have you tried the clipons.as opposed to the ones with a ring screw? Do you think they may be better?

I wonder where the 'professionals' buy their hose parts from?

MD, Some time last year I noticed my neighbour watering his garden using a very efficient (he is German...) looking hose attachment and asked him where he bought it.

He explained that he got it from a Thai hardware store on Pattaya Klang. He described the place as being down from Foodland on the opposite side of the road. He further explained that it looks small from the outside but the shop extends way out at the back and they have everything in there.

I have not actually been there myself and I cannot go and ask him for more details now as we fell out a couple of months ago, but if you are passing it could be worth checking out. :o

Our New one in our New toilet with our New kitchen is working well ...Just tried it....

Diff point ..we have 3-4 guys in the hoose tiling at the moment and even the local soi dogs have dissapeared in case they end up entoomed under the New Lounge New Tiled Floor......

me I will stay here locked up in me study...no new tiles...YET... :o

I seem to be forever replacing the nozzles that are attached to the hoses around my garden.

They just last a few weeks, then give out. Either break, leak or just fly off when I turn the water on.

I have bought many different types from Carrefour, Homepro and Homemart. All no good.

Try a different hose. Maybe the threads on the end of the hose are worn out.

You got some good water pressure!

Try a different hose. Maybe the threads on the end of the hose are worn out.

You got some good water pressure!

There's five hose pipes spread around my garden. All are relatively new. All the nozzles are different, and all have, snapped, leaked, broken or just plain given up th ghost at one time or another. When its not raining, the hoses get used oncea day. The water pressure is strong, but not that strong - about what you'd expect. I think its just bad workmanship.

Thanks Terdsak, let me know what you find. I might try that place down from Foodland that Noel suyggested. :o

Found the hardware store down the road, on the other side, from Foodland.

Its a veritable Alladin's Cave of hardware supplies, electrical, plumbing and God knows what else. It goes on and on in little warrens, and as you delve deeper, it gets hotter and hotter!

I found a lovely little missy who tracked down the hose nozzles, hose pipe and hose clips for me. It all cost next to nothing -prices beat Homepro out of a cocked hat!

I'll see how long the new nozzles last, but I'm not too bothered as I wouldn't mind meeting up with the little Missy again. :D

Seems like I might not be doomed after all. :o

Its a veritable Alladin's Cave of hardware supplies, electrical, plumbing and God knows what else. It goes on and on in little warrens, and as you delve deeper, it gets hotter and hotter!

I found a lovely little missy who tracked down the hose nozzles, hose pipe and hose clips for me. It all cost next to nothing -prices beat Homepro out of a cocked hat!

I'll see how long the new nozzles last, but I'm not too bothered as I wouldn't mind meeting up with the little Missy again. :D

That's good to know, MD, and that you found the hose nozzles... :D

Dont wish to be awkward but isn't it up the road on the opposite side from Foodland? :o:D

(Incase anyone else tries to find it)

:D

Well I have always regarded 'up the road' as going towards Sukhumvit, and 'down the road' as going towards the beach. I'm probably wrong.

Isn't the 'other side of the road the same as the 'opposite side of the road'?

Maybe that bastion of the English language, "the gent" could enlighten us.

Anyway, in the interests of avoiding further confusion, this place is on the opposite side of the road from Foodland, and you proceed down the road, IN THE DIRECTION OF THE BEACH, for about 10 - 15 meters and you will see a Thai style hardware shop.

I guarantee its an easy walk from Foodland car park, because I bought my hose pipes, nozzles and hose clips from the little missy, and hopped back to Foodland where the other little missy was still spending the rest of my hard earned dosh. :D

:D

I have also found even the most brassy and well made to look at nozzles have not lasted. As for the plastic insert/clip to tighten (which always results in ER type wounds as the screwdriver slips out and gets your hand) have found the quick connect fasteners to be much better and they hold up to the 70 psi pressure we run. Currently using a plastic nozzle which seems to be holding up well, but has a strange twist pattern to open.

I have also found even the most brassy and well made to look at nozzles have not lasted. As for the plastic insert/clip to tighten (which always results in ER type wounds as the screwdriver slips out and gets your hand) have found the quick connect fasteners to be much better and they hold up to the 70 psi pressure we run. Currently using a plastic nozzle which seems to be holding up well, but has a strange twist pattern to open.

Yeah, the last one I bought (before the other day) was a very brassy and well made looking job, and it only lasted 2 weeks. The barrel just shot off every time I turned on the hose. I think I bought it in Homepro.

The ones I bought in the Thai hardware shop near Foodland, were modest looking things with plastic inserts. 140 odd Baht each. I'll see how they go and report back. Next time I'll try the quick connect fasteners.

What fun. :o

Hi

This will not be relevant unless you go to Penang at some time. On Chulia Street that’s the same street as The Swiss Hotel on the same side as the 7-11 (opposite to the Swiss Hotel) going down towards the water (away from The Swiss) there are several plumbing supply shops that sell real ENGLISH made stuff. :D

Worth a look but not worth a special trip.

Opposite the plumbing shops there is a small alley with hardware market stalls that’s interesting.

Beachcomber. :o

Well it sounds as though you had a nice day finding a lovely little missy to sort out yer hosepipe and yer nozzle problem. :D