Where did everybody go?

pattayadingo

Went out last night and the place felt as if it was deserted.

Popped into 4 bars and hardly a soul about. Normally these bars are quite busy.

Walking too, past other bars, hardly a soul in them.

It was pretty much the same last week too.

Did the aliens come to visit and abduct the Pattayans? Or are people really feeling the pinch financially these days?

Isn't low season wonderful!!!

love it get around no problems no idiots around well not as many as normal best time of the year

In many respects I agree with both comments.

Getting around in general is much better. Finding parking spaces, less hassle queuing in supermarkets and so on, is great.

Out for a beer with friends for a chat and such like it is also good to have it relatively quiet without loud booming tourists around.

Yet.....

Out for a night out with some live music, it seems odd to sit in bars with so few people about. It feels boring, a bit sad even.

Walking Street was busy. Sensations was packed.

Sensations always seems to be packed, but for the life of me, can not understand why?

Way over priced drinks, very boring entertainment(in my opinion)

The drinks are not priced any higher than other gogo bars, but the barfines are. I guess its success is down to packing the place with attractive girls/coyotes who are not very interested in being barfined, so they stay in the bar which attracts more customers. The girls are happy, as they get 1,000 baht a day (as long as they meet their ladydrink quota) without any need for supplementary income!

For serious mongering types it must suck; but it's the model that seems to be working.

Walking Street was busy. Sensations was packed.

Sensations always seems to be packed, but for the life of me, can not understand why?

Way over priced drinks, very boring entertainment(in my opinion)

The drinks are not priced any higher than other gogo bars, but the barfines are. I guess its success is down to packing the place with attractive girls/coyotes who are not very interested in being barfined, so they stay in the bar which attracts more customers. The girls are happy, as they get 1,000 baht a day (as long as they meet their ladydrink quota) without any need for supplementary income!

For serious mongering types it must suck; but it's the model that seems to be working.

I semi agree with you, this model works short term ONLY. many other places have gone through the stage and now are really empty and struggling, because lets face it, men do not go into a gogo bar just to drink biggrin.png

In regards to drinks, my drink is about 30 baht more than any other gogo,. and i am a drinker when i am out.

Up in Jomtien the rain came ,an electic box exploded and all the lights went out ,great night sitting in the dark . drinking something ,dont know what it was wink.png

Electricity was out untill 11pm in Na Jomtien.

we went and sat on the beach drinking Leo untill midnight

only trouble was the wind and rain that caused the explosion had totally gone

so it was very hot n humid and there where quite a few mossies too.

soi bukhaow was fairly busy wai2.gif

We tried Beach Road and 2nd Road, mainly for a some music and a few beers. Pity there seems to be very little live music on Soi Buakha.

Out for same reason and also noticed it is quiet out and about.. Yes, soi bukhao very little in the way of live music

We tried Beach Road and 2nd Road, mainly for a some music and a few beers. Pity there seems to be very little live music on Soi Buakha.

Out for same reason and also noticed it is quiet out and about.. Yes, soi bukhao very little in the way of live music

Try Leo's. Great jam there last night and another good one last weekend.

Try Leo's. Great jam there last night and another good one last weekend.

Craig, is that a weekend thing or nightly? Thanks.

Last night was kinda special as Leo hosted a memorial jam for Darryl Read. So lots of great local musicians showed up. With that being said, these same great musicians play there quite often. I think Wednesdays and Fridays are the jam nights. Leo is a great guy and the musicians who are there are really cool also. Great fun:

https://www.facebook.com/leoblues.barpattaya

P.S. the Thai house band is fantastic.

• Like 1

Last night was kinda special as Leo hosted a memorial jam for Darryl Read. So lots of great local musicians showed up. With that being said, these same great musicians play there quite often. I think Wednesdays and Fridays are the jam nights. Leo is a great guy and the musicians who are there are really cool also. Great fun:

https://www.facebook.com/leoblues.barpattaya

P.S. the Thai house band is fantastic.

Great stuff. Thanks for the info. It us now on my list of places to pop into :)