Which International Kindergarten Fits

albhol

Looking for a suitable kindergarten for my baby, the visit of the kindergarten should start at the age of 2.5-3 years.

(Then I hope to find a small house near the nursery. In order to avoid a further relocation or long ways, I want to start by searching a kindergarten)

Required:

• Solid English lessons (because we are not English native speaker)
  • Kindergarten should not be exposed to car exhaust
  • Affordable (Phuket International Academy seems to be at 300,000 THB / school year on the expensive side, the nursery prices are not shown on the website).
  • Pleasant, dedicated staff.
  • The child should love to go to kindergarten.

Which kindergarten suits my needs? (Which nursery is not suitable?)

My boy was very happy at ABC Nursery in Rawai/Sai Yuan.when he was at that age.

Quite a few international nurseries/kindergartens in the Chalong/Rawai area, afaik not so good options in the Phuket Town area.

I checked out about six here in the Rawai/Chalong area.

I settled for Buds International Kindergarten, and have been very impressed to date:

www.buds-phuket.com

Also there is a good supply of rental accommodation in the area.

I checked out about six here in the Rawai/Chalong area.

I settled for Buds International Kindergarten, and have been very impressed to date:

www.buds-phuket.com

Also there is a good supply of rental accommodation in the area.

I too intend to send my daughter to Buds in a few months time. Good to hear some positive feedback from a present pupil.

As a matter of interest a good way to discover which language is prevelant in a school is to visit during playtime/ break and listen to what language the kids speak to each other in. No better proof.

I sent my 2 girls to Cravens in Chalong, off the Cha Fa Road, near to Home Pro at the roundabout.

Place is run by Daniel and his wife, Danny is from Manchester and runs a real decent place, predominately they teach in ENglish but they also have some thai lessons its the law in thailand. They have a great play area and everything is clean and above board. My girls loved it.

Take a run past and visit them, they are always friendly and the staff are excellent and long staying unlike other places.

Just tell him Grace and Summer's dad sent you.

• Like 2

I sent my 2 girls to Cravens in Chalong, off the Cha Fa Road, near to Home Pro at the roundabout.

Place is run by Daniel and his wife, Danny is from Manchester and runs a real decent place, predominately they teach in ENglish but they also have some thai lessons its the law in thailand. They have a great play area and everything is clean and above board. My girls loved it.

Take a run past and visit them, they are always friendly and the staff are excellent and long staying unlike other places.

Just tell him Grace and Summer's dad sent you.

Interesting. Please forward details of staff turnover in the other schools compared to Cravens. As you can imagine with our childrens futures at stake such aspersions need to be followed up on.

My older son (now he is 6,5 and goes to a primary school) was in Cravens International Schood for 3 years. I can recomend this place, my second son, who now is 1 year old will be a Cravens student soon as well. Place is well managed, with passion. Playground is roofed and suitable for small babies. Staff doesn't change often, my older son had the same teacher for the whole time and now is still the same people in this place. The very important thing is also that there are holidays once a year only - during Christmas and New Year. No other week holidays what is so popular and so unconvienient for parents. School provides transfer with affordable prices. Swimming on every Wednesday is provided in Land & House place where is very shallow water and also deeper part for older swimmers.

I would never send my child again into Buds nursery. My older son was there for 1,5 months and I took him away from this place. Instead of reading books they played computer games or watched stupid cartoon (like "Mr Sponge"). New teacher once a trimester, because nobody can work with the couple who are the owners: old, rude Dutch, who is nice to parent as long as they don't want anything from him and his Thai wife who bahaves like a queen on her court. Both greedy about money, and without any skills to be a nursery/kindergarden owner.

Cravens is so near by Buds so anybody who considering both places - choose Cravens. If you want your child to tell you aobut stories Britsh teacher read about - choose Cravens. If you want your child to download new computer games (educational, as Buds says) and find Mr Sponge on youtube - choose Buds.

This is just a question.

Why do kids have to go to kindergarten at such a young age?

Education in most countries starts at five years old. In Finland, they don't start until seven years old and they have one of the best education systems in the world.

Do people who put their kids in these schools use them as day-care centres, or, is it the start of their education?

Just curious.

There is not everyone a english native speaker... therefore I want the child is familiar with the english language at an early stage.

(By the way, I am beginning to realize that the house search is difficult, so I give priority to search the house, the kindergarten has to wait)

Edited by albhol

• 3 weeks later...

Meanwhile, we are settled in Kathu, a kindergarten without a very long ride would be ideal.

BIS-Phuket could be reached, but I am unsure whether the prices are reasonable xshock1.gif.pagespeed.ic.Q3XOm0fuQs.png although, the building looks quite impressive...

Thank you already in advance for Kindergarten recommendations in the surroundings of Kathu !