Restaurant/bar suppliers

RaysFan

Hi, im taking over a restaurant tomorrow. .. they currently buy everything from lotus. Im wondering if there are any suppliers out there? Or if someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction. .. I would also like to buy a POS system... please PM me. Thanks guys.

Sent from my GT-I9500

Yes go to Makro,but still check the prices against other

suppliers,they have POS machine there also,but maybe

better to buy from a computer shop where they can get

you up and running and help with any problems.

Good Luck, with hard work,good food and service you

have a chance to succeed, oh and forgot plenty of cash.

regards Worgeordie

Keep a notebook handy to write down your thoughts or any suggestions given to you in the next few days, your mind will be doing overtime and you'll forget things you will tell yourself that you should have thought of.

Good luck, and don't forget to enjoy.

• Like 1

Ive read the negative comments about opening a business in Thailand. surely it cant be that bad. ok depending on what type of business and location,

what else can one do. go for it KennyN and enjoy.

Couple of suggestions. You haven't given us an idea about how long you have been in the area. If you have been here for a while, suggest you consider the following. Also not knowing what your specific wants and needs may be.,

You do have some choices.

Horeca Supply........ many of a restaurant needs can be met there.

Lotus Tesco = somewhat like a Walmart , without too many walmartians....

Makro = bulk items, foodstuff, as well as many things that can and are used in restaurants

Yok Store = baking goods primarily, but many other imported and domestic foodstuffs available there also. Some supplies like plastic cups , knives, forks, spoons , to go containers , etc

...... and you should make yourself familiar with Kasem Store....... and Kn Gee , a CM institution loved by all.

and there are others.... dependent on your wants and needs

Of the above, once you have specifics on your list, you will find cheaper prices on certain items in all of the above at certain times also volume packages are different.

I think it would be permitted for you to say what and where you will be opening an long as you don't make it too much like an promotional piece for your place.

In any event, good luck and if I can be of any help, just get back to me in some fashion

Gonzo

Edited by ThePunPun

I'm not in the business but noted that Gonzo recommended Makro. Forget the Super Highway branch and shop at the Hang Dong branch. They are like apples and oranges! After I started shopping at the Hang Dong branch I will never visit the Super Highway branch again. The Hang Dong branch is like a gourmet supermarket!

For sure. They are in a different league.

One of the names it goes by it Baker's Mart, it's on 106 just south of the Super Hi-way on the left. Please be sure to post when your open for biz as I'm sure members would like to support another member's establishment, Good Luck!

Edited by junglechef

For alcohol, you can buy directly from the distributors at much lower prices than Makro or other outlets. There's one at Huey Keow rd and the canal rd junction, small store/lotsa cheap booze and another out on the 2nd ring road near the San Kapheng rd with a big 'Spy' sign.......big store, low prices.

Best of luck on your venture.

Excellent information guys. Thank you. How about a POS system (cash register, credit card machine and such) like you see at the restaurants in the mall... any idea?

Anyone know of a wine supplier?

Sent from my GT-I9500

Excellent information guys. Thank you. How about a POS system (cash register, credit card machine and such) like you see at the restaurants in the mall... any idea?

Sent from my GT-I9500

You have my sincere best wishes for good fortune and success, but I have to ask. With the questions you are asking , did you put any sincere effort in a marketing plan before you jumped into this....... With all due respect lot of this seems like it would/should have been basic common sense before laying out any serious amount of capital.

wai2.gif

• Like 1

Ive found machines at the mall and office supply stores but none are exactly what im looking for.

As for alcohol ive found suppliers but the prices seem no better than makro for the most part. Im really looking for wholesale prices... especially for wine...

Sent from my GT-I9500

Wine prices sometimes depends on the volume of sale and also the 'credit's. You might start off with a bit higher price, but if you keep buying regularly they typically give you some sort of deal on it.

There are plenty of wine distributors here in CM. It all depends on what you are looking for and your price range.

Ive found machines at the mall and office supply stores but none are exactly what im looking for.

As for alcohol ive found suppliers but the prices seem no better than makro for the most part. Im really looking for wholesale prices... especially for wine...

Sent from my GT-I9500

I am having the same problem myself Kenny, not much choice for Wine wholesale suppliers, I was advised by major company in bkk to contact Chiang mai distributor and ask about discount !

• 3 months later...

Booze Tools - obtain extremely precise inventories

iPhone & iPad application for obtaining extremely precise inventories.

Determine how much liquor has been depleted over a specified period of time.

Two easy steps:

* Select the liquor bottle from the list

* Weigh the bottle

Close to 700 different alcoholic beverages in over 900 different bottle types and sizes.

Available on App Store

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/booze-tools/id718101637

post-189546-0-50967400-1381765939_thumb.

post-189546-0-66255700-1381765948_thumb.

post-189546-0-98064400-1381765956_thumb.

Sent from my GT-I9500

You have my sincere best wishes for good fortune and success, but I have to ask.   With the questions you are asking , did you put any sincere effort in a marketing plan before you jumped into this.......  With all due respect lot of this seems like it would/should  have been basic common sense before laying out any serious amount of capital.

Posted Image

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app