Newly reshuffled Cabinet determined to rid Thailand of corruption

webfact

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Corruption is the ONLY reason anything get done in this country! Police actually enforcing the law and not taking bribes? Motorists will be outraged at having to pay the real 500 baht fine instead of the 100 baht bribe to the officer. Everyone ends up unhappy....tomorrow and the next day and every other day will be business as usually in the LoS. A cabinet reshuffle just moves the pigs around the troughs. To eliminate corruptions means there will be no cabinet. Who is gonna do that job for a lousy 70K a month or whatever their real salary is.

Maybe someone who puts his country and his people ahead of his own greed?

There are some honest Thais around you know.

There is simply so much crap that comes from the mouths of the Shiniwatra's that it is plausible that their parents put the nappies on the wrong end. This re shuffle, like those gone before is to establish potential blame hounds and muddy the waters of any ensuing investigations into the myriad of dodgy deals that have been put in place The only actions taken are not for the benefit of public of Thailand but simply to preserve their own ass and rice bowl. Collectively they do not possess one iota of tangible respect with regard to their character or abilities Dispicably corrupt, pathetic and morally bankrupt. Simply fat pigs feeding from the common trough.

Well, it seems to work, who remembers Yongyuth now?

What if there was no heaven or hell? what if there was no afterlife? it is faith that keeps us sane. BUT What if there was a heaven, a hell, or afterlife? What if this drive to stop corruption actually works? What then? would one crawl back under the slimy rock from where one came? or would one be bold and admit that they were wrong? the latter i think.

I would freely admit that this government was sincere in their attempts to stamp out corruption the day that Thaksin is extradited in chains and thrown into a cell awaiting hearing of his other corruption charges. As they seem to have trouble admitting his passport was illegally issued, I would rate the odds of that happening as slightly lower than JC descending on a cloud to take the faithful to your H,H &A, unless of course he really was an alien playing tricks on the galaxy's retards.

• Like 1

I'm still rolling on the floor! This is got to be a big joke and they actually can say it with a straight face!

This country officials jobs are given out like candy for family who have no expertise in running this country. The talk about reshuffle reshuffle what once corrupt official from one end of the building to the other?

Two years ago, it was reported in the Bangkok Post that the country loses 200 BILLION A YEAR DUE TO CORRUPTION. That is a hell of lot of money to continue to just talk like they do for everything else but this time I guess they mean it the answer is to RESHUFFLE. Does that mean they too will learn the 2 step dance?

A friend of mine was recently invited to sell something very expensive to the military. I warned him about the corruption. He came out to present his 'stuff' and when I called him to ask how it went, he said he simply could not believe how upfront everything was. He expected whispered speech behind closed doors but oh no, they came straight out with it in the middle of the presentation when it came to pricing. He said they didn't even try to hide the obscene amount of money they wanted to have directed to themselves in cash.

• Like 2

I'm still rolling on the floor! This is got to be a big joke and they actually can say it with a straight face!

This country officials jobs are given out like candy for family who have no expertise in running this country. The talk about reshuffle reshuffle what once corrupt official from one end of the building to the other?

Two years ago, it was reported in the Bangkok Post that the country loses 200 BILLION A YEAR DUE TO CORRUPTION. That is a hell of lot of money to continue to just talk like they do for everything else but this time I guess they mean it the answer is to RESHUFFLE. Does that mean they too will learn the 2 step dance?

I bet it's a lot more since this shower of crooks got in power two years ago.

So a government controlled by a fugitive convicted criminal, who faces other charges too, which now imports people who were banned from politics for 5 years due to their corrupt activities, directly into ministerial seats, will rid Thailand of its centuries old endemic corruption clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Give Yingluck 6 months and just see what happens...................... sweet FA!! More chance it will get worse, but hiding it from the public will be really improved.

I will believe it when I see the first cabinet member or hiso go to jail for at least 20 years.

Other than that just more blah blah blah.

Mere words mean nothing.

Everybody wants to see the results.

Impossible, the only way is total Feudal Thai high-so politicians GENOCIDE
Aside from the absurdly over the top and ugly nature of your comment, it reflects an important and too widely accepted fallacy:

Corruption is systemic and virtually universal. It is not even CLOSE to accurate to say that it exists entirely or even primarily among "Feudal Thai high-so politicians"; moreover the root of the problem is a socio-cultural one and if you took away the top level of the social hierarchy (or even the top few levels) those that rose to replace them would be just as corrupt. Indeed if you took the very lowest tier of society and magically put them at the top, they'd be no less corrupt.

So your basic believe is that out of 66,000,000 people 66,000,000 of them are corrupt.

It keeps the smile on my face in the Land of smiles reading all this.Keep it up.What is next. Thaksin is booked on the next flight into bkk

Stay tuned, it will get even more bizarre blink.png ... as it always does.

Welcome to Toontown.

Edited by Dap

reinforce an image of Thailand to the global community as a country with a lower level of corruption.

'reinforce' what bloody planet are they on? and 'lower level' than who? Burma? Laos, Zimbabwe ...? blink.png

Edited by jpeg

I am new to the country, only arrived 3 weeks ago but read the papers, and never heard there was corruption in Thailand. It seems most unlikely in a country where a Deputy Prime Minister, who started his career as a policemen, rising to the rank of pol. capt. is paid well enough to drive pink Bentleys (plural intended). Or am I missing something?

Edited by eddie61

The only way to rid Thailand of corruption would be to throw all PTP in jail

Toss in a few red shirts and a few dems

Them maybe you have a start ...

But like drug dealers ... the demise of one gives opportunity to another

• Like 1

Corruption is the ONLY reason anything get done in this country! Police actually enforcing the law and not taking bribes? Motorists will be outraged at having to pay the real 500 baht fine instead of the 100 baht bribe to the officer. Everyone ends up unhappy....tomorrow and the next day and every other day will be business as usually in the LoS. A cabinet reshuffle just moves the pigs around the troughs. To eliminate corruptions means there will be no cabinet. Who is gonna do that job for a lousy 70K a month or whatever their real salary is.

Maybe someone who puts his country and his people ahead of his own greed?

There are some honest Thais around you know.

really?

I will believe it when I see the first cabinet member or hiso go to jail for at least 20 years.

Other than that just more blah blah blah.

Mere words mean nothing.

Everybody wants to see the results.

Impossible, the only way is total Feudal Thai high-so politicians GENOCIDE
Aside from the absurdly over the top and ugly nature of your comment, it reflects an important and too widely accepted fallacy:

Corruption is systemic and virtually universal. It is not even CLOSE to accurate to say that it exists entirely or even primarily among "Feudal Thai high-so politicians"; moreover the root of the problem is a socio-cultural one and if you took away the top level of the social hierarchy (or even the top few levels) those that rose to replace them would be just as corrupt. Indeed if you took the very lowest tier of society and magically put them at the top, they'd be no less corrupt.

So your basic believe is that out of 66,000,000 people 66,000,000 of them are corrupt.

Sorry, I don't know how to say this without being offensive but I am totally sincere - it's not me simply trying to put you down: I can't tell if you are deliberately distorting what I said in order to attempt to make me look bad or if you are honestly that simplistic and lacking in the ability to comprehend what I actually said.

Read it again, and see if you can work it out. If you then still think my basic "believe" (sic) is as you described, I'll attempt to explain it to you.

• Like 1

I look forward to the PTP making an announcement after the government reshuffle that it is essential for Thaksin to return to Thailand to spearhead the campaign against corruption.

Edited by yoshiwara

So a government controlled by a fugitive convicted criminal, who faces other charges too, which now imports people who were banned from politics for 5 years due to their corrupt activities, directly into ministerial seats, will rid Thailand of its centuries old endemic corruption clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif:cheesy:cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Give Yingluck 6 months and just see what happens...................... sweet FA!! More chance it will get worse, but hiding it from the public will be really improved.

You pretty well nailed it on the head. So I guess that means we can look forward to ongoing corruption ??? :-)