French man 'scammed' of 276,000 Baht by Thai bride

webfact

French Man 'Scammed' Of 276,000 Baht By Thai Bride

french.jpg
Photo: KHAOSOD English

UDON THANI: -- A French architect told police he had been duped by a Thai woman who promised to marry him and cheated him of 276,000 baht worth of dowry only to turn him away after the wedding ceremony.

Mr. Michel Sebald, 60, visited the police in Udon Thani with his interpreter to file charge against Ms. Pitchayanun Hirunthongwichean, a Thai woman whom he said he met in an online dating site.

The Frenchman told police via his interpreter that he worked as an architect in France, earning around 400,000 baht per month. Divorced some time ago, he reportedly browsed through an online dating site in December 2012 and met Ms. Pitchayanun.

According to Mr. Michel, Ms. Pitchayanun told him she works as assistant to court attorney and prefers foreign men, especially French men, to Thai men. He said he "fell in love" with Ms. Pitchayanun because of her politeness, manner, and beauty. He eventually asked her to marry after 4 months of correspondence.

Once she agreed, Mr. Michel said, he wired her 20,000 baht to buy plane ticket to France, but Ms. Pitchayanun told him he had to attend traditional wedding ceremony in Thailand. On 5 March this year, he arrived at Nong Gung Tub Ma village in Udon Thani - reportedly where Ms. Pitchayanun lived - and entered the wedding ceremony attended by hundreds of guests, Mr. Michel said.

He told police he spent 276,000 baht in dowry gifts for the woman, including engagement ring, gold, iPad, and iPhone. He said he also bought a brand-name bag worth of 50,000 baht as a surprise gift to Ms. Pitchayanun. After the ceremony, Mr. Michel said, he and Ms. Pitchayanun spent 2 nights at a hotel in the province′s town center.

Full story: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM01qWTFOVGt5TXc9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-07-01

• Like 1

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

276,000 bt is not a lot comparedt to his 400,000 bt a month salary. Hard to believe the French getting 400,000 a month at the time of EU recessions. If i was getting 400,000 bt a month, i would be cutting the loss and move on to something anew. "Short time only for me" ..tongue.png The safest way to save money and stress.

Well, maybe.

There's a whole range of crap they can pull in the hong short.

Taking calls

Making calls

Period

Jaep mak mak you do big.

Why you not finish ?

Why you so fat?

I no want.

I no like.

Boo hoo

Separate showers

Emerge from shower with full body towel wrap and shower cap

"No smoking"

Smoking only with condom

Stealing

Starfish

Jack up the price by 500 to cool your jets

Chippie checks the condom and gets you into a stimulating "you finish already" argument

"I finish already"

And more and more these days poor hygiene.

And so on and so on

Anything but the clear clean deliveries of the pre-short time era.

If you know when to cut your losses you are out 1500 for drinks, bar fine and hong-short rent.

Always tell the girl's mamasan (what a joke THAT concept is here)

It's no fun being scammed.

But yeah, cheaper than what this poor Guy went through.

I finish already... lol, I hear that everytime at soi 6.

• Like 1

276,000 bt is not a lot comparedt to his 400,000 bt a month salary. Hard to believe the French getting 400,000 a month at the time of EU recessions. If i was getting 400,000 bt a month, i would be cutting the loss and move on to something anew. "Short time only for me" ..tongue.png The safest way to save money and stress.

works 3 months a year

• Like 1

He's lucky they didn't find him on the street 15 stories below his honeymoon suite hotel balcony in Pattaya, after he committed "suicide." Go back to France and chalk it up to a (expensive) lesson learned.

Edited by daboyz1

In the old days it was sufficient to claim "Buffalo sick". These days it doesn't wash anymore.

Can you blame them, if they come up with more sophisticated scams. (Most of them are equipped with a fantastic weapon, called an i-phone.)

Cheers.

• Like 1