the strange things you see when driving in Thailand

crocken

Nothing is strange after a couple of years in Thailand .

Sorry to enquire but who is the soundtrack by ?

nice compilation but not strange to me ,after 7 years its kind of normal

I wish I had videoed a man on the back of a motorcycle taxi in Trang, he was carrying a wheelchair and a bag of golf clubs.

I've seen the full gamut of oversized things, like full length mirrors and panes of glass on the back of motorcycles, but the wheelchair and golf clubs was the weirdest combination I could imagine.

In Cambodia I saw a pick up truck with all the household furnishings and what not stacked about 7 feet high with the family sitting on top. Also other one where one of the members had to ride on the hood as there was no room for him in the back.

A motorbike with two little piglets on their back strapped to the back of it.

Yes indeed driving around Thailand and Cambodia it is nice to have a camera handy,

Highway 11 I think - windy stretch for sure. Direction Chiang Mai - Udon Thani.

Dusk.

Pass a sign that says '"accident" ahead'.

Slow down some. Hmmm... cannot see any signs of an accident here....

Hey but whats this? Hit the brakes! A wooden bridge? Crossing over a totally destroyed boulder like stretch of road surface. Ok.

But wait! The bridge itself is broken - cracked in two straight down the middle!

Wheres the accident? Well, that would be you buddy! If Cross the bridge to the wrong side of the road. Fortunately everyone drives at a sensible speed when traveressing these 'windy as hell' roads so...

Nice effort to put it together ... but, have to say ... remarkably unremarkable.

Agreed. It might be worth putting on your Facebook page for the folks back home, but for TV expats, it's old hat. I've seen a lot stranger than that.

• Like 2

nice vid. sorry you didnot get the one where a motorcycle is loaded with a huge amount of rattan chairs , i you have seen of those guys they are quiet impressive...]

best i did was after being sent by the father in law to the local (12k away ) captan color with a piece of paper with stuff written on it having to drive back home with a bundle of 4 meters long blue pvc pipes ..... felt like a modern knight ... without the armor of course ...

This sort of stuff would be condescending in a 1930s colonial official or just naive in some hayseed from Europe. At least learn to spell 'piggy' in future.

thank you for liking the movie....

Nothing very new compared to what I have seen. I saw once a pickup with dead pigs loaded in the bed. I even saw trucks with live cows on board.

Not to talk of several other curiosities - sugar cane trucks are also often present in Kanchanaburi province.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...