What kind of guys Thai gal love most?

Women the world over want two things, Security and to be happy. The trick is working out exactly what this actually means to the individual. If you can do that you have it made.

I reckon you must be in a happy relationship.

Well done (presumably) ... thumbsup.gif

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Women the world over want two things, Security and to be happy. The trick is working out exactly what this actually means to the individual. If you can do that you have it made.

I reckon you must be in a happy relationship.

Well done (presumably) ... thumbsup.gif

3rd time lucky David and yes this one is a keeper, both still happy after 7 years.

• Like 1

A previous poster answered the question perfectly.

Any woman prefers rich and dumb (and famous if available)

Doesn't matter if she is Thai, American or Spanish, nationality of man is very much a secondary consideration.

As Thai women seem to prefer the company of other Thai women and don't seem to interact socially with men all that much, not all that important.

Money always comes first with most women.

How much will she settle for, is the more important question.

Well now you've entered the realm of psychobabble and misogyny. I do believe that most women would prefer to be with a man who has some prospects. I do not believe that to be the most important thing. Unless you can explain why most of the attractive young Thai girls in Thailand are with equally young and usually not-so-wealthy Thai guys?

Easily

Access and ignorance are the key items in the explanation.

Young and poor guys are easily available everywhere in the world. Rich and famous, not so.

(Thailand also adds the extra barrier of social status to the equation, Rich and famous don't marry poor farm girls)

Which explains some women's tendency to 'trade-up' when given the chance.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

A previous poster answered the question perfectly.

Any woman prefers rich and dumb (and famous if available)

Doesn't matter if she is Thai, American or Spanish, nationality of man is very much a secondary consideration.

As Thai women seem to prefer the company of other Thai women and don't seem to interact socially with men all that much, not all that important.

Money always comes first with most women.

How much will she settle for, is the more important question.

Well now you've entered the realm of psychobabble and misogyny. I do believe that most women would prefer to be with a man who has some prospects. I do not believe that to be the most important thing. Unless you can explain why most of the attractive young Thai girls in Thailand are with equally young and usually not-so-wealthy Thai guys?

Easily

Access and ignorance are the key items in the explanation.

Young and poor guys are easily available everywhere in the world. Rich and famous, not so.

(Thailand also adds the extra barrier of social status to the equation, Rich and famous don't marry poor farm girls)

Which explains some women's tendency to 'trade-up' when given the chance.

I actually agree with you on some levels. Most young girls start out believing in the love thing and follow their heart. Later, as they become older (or wiser, or cynical, or snake-bitten) they become more practical.

A guy with money will always have an advantage over a guy without. But this is where many westerners make the mistake of thinking that it's the most important thing. To a normal Thai girl, it's not. I warn my farang friends all the time that yes, there are Thai girls who pursue farangs but it's usually because these girls have money pretty high on their priority list. And those are the sorts of girls that farangs need to avoid. Unfortunately, these are exactly the kinds of Thai girls that a lot of farangs end up with. And the end result is usually not pretty.

• Like 2

An American girl told me once years ago that she liked rich men and good looking men, but never a good looking rich man. Rationale is that such a guy would never be faithful. But of course, not many women would reject a good looking rich guy.

Seriously, I think this article best explains Thai women preferences (http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/ReadersSubmissions2010/reader5917.htm). From what I've observed, it's pretty accurate.

Usual stickman <deleted>, written by some racist xenophobe nutter.

I take it you don't agree. Doesn't mean it's not true.

So tell me, do you really think that the average Thai girl prefers to be with a foreigner with whom she can barely communicate, or a Thai with whom she can communicate perfectly? From my observations, a Thai girl who's after a farang almost always has issues. And the issues usually involve money...or lack thereof.

I have an extreme aversion to Stickman (not to say everything on the site is of no use) so I haven't read the link yet but I think in general terms your post is pretty obviously correct - but with emphasis on the following:

"to be with a foreigner with whom she can barely communicate, or a Thai with whom she can communicate perfectly" : if their two choices are her only ones, then in most cases the latter. However, if you introduce a choice of a foreigner with whom she can communicate perfectly and has any number of things in common with and who has whatever other fine qualities over a lack of a Thai man like that (not that he doesn't exist but she hasn't met him)...

"a Thai girl who's after a farang almost always has issues. " : a Thai girl specifically after a Farang? Yes. Almost always? Yes, again. "Issues usually involve money"? Yes. Or worse.

"to be with a foreigner with whom she can barely communicate, or a Thai with whom she can communicate perfectly" : if their two choices are her only ones, then in most cases the latter. However, if you introduce a choice of a foreigner with whom she can communicate perfectly and has any number of things in common with and who has whatever other fine qualities over a lack of a Thai man like that (not that he doesn't exist but she hasn't met him)...

What if the choice was aged millionaire foreigner who would provide her and her entire family an existence of unparalleled luxury but no Thai language skills Vs young Thai m/c taxi driver.

Anyway the obvious answer is marry the foreigner and shag the taxi driver when and if.

Why choose one when you can have both. This is the Thai way.

• Like 2

What if the choice was aged millionaire foreigner who would provide her and her entire family an existence of unparalleled luxury but no Thai language skills Vs young Thai m/c taxi driver.

Anyway the obvious answer is marry the foreigner and shag the taxi driver when and if.

Not sure why the question is directed at me and it's such an extremely tired cliche - does EVERY thread have to go to the same place? - but the answer seems pretty obvious if somewhat more nuanced than you are accustomed to dealing with:

I expect many women - in any country - would choose the old rich guy. Perhaps most. I expect many - in any country - would also shag the taxi driver. Perhaps most. I don't know - nor do you - that this is especially true in Thailand but I do know that it's not exclusive to Thais.

Unlike you - who is so quick to play the Thai nationality card when it suits you - I don't slag off a whole nation or make the ridiculous claim that millions of people can be described with one simple (and insulting) sentence, as you so often do.

Another way is they will wire your money and feed those handsome poor guy..Trust me, I had a friend that was a victim but luckily it's not huge amount.

Another way is they will wire your money and feed those handsome poor guy..Trust me, I had a friend that was a victim but luckily it's not huge amount.

That - as most posters know - is a very old and common story. And of course absolutely true. (I was once that poor boy).

I expect many women - in any country - would choose the old rich guy. Perhaps most. I expect many - in any country - would also shag the taxi driver. Perhaps most. I don't know - nor do you - that this is especially true in Thailand but I do know that it's not exclusive to Thais.

I think (as Sheryl put it) morality in the western world is 'guilt based', where morality in Asia is 'shame based'.

Given an original option of old rich Vs young poor, almost all would choose 'old rich'.

But when we consider upgrades, I believe the different moralities make it much easier for Asian ladies to use the 'upgrade' route.

I may be wrong.

Speaking for myself, now I have upgraded my morality rules to 'shame based', I now find it much easier to behave in a way that previously I would have believed reprehensible. (for an extreme example, now I can shag my best friends teen daughter, as long as he doesn't find out. Previously I wouldn't have because 'God' was watching me.)

Handsome but poor/ Normal looking but rich/ Old but caring /Young but sincere / Rich or Poor/ Smart or Dumb/ Nice or Bad/ Farang or Local???

no, no, no, no,

why you not ask how we feel?

all Thai person not same but many of us like same thing

older is OK, but younger then Father

handsom is good sure, but look good to my eye - better

very handson man, difficult to trust

many men are rich, but give us little

we like the man who take good care of us

OK - rich little bit good...555

have nice clothes

shorts are for boys, but if very hot, OK to wear

Thai man not many times wear the short pant

show good feeling to my family

it is OK if you not like them, but show them respect if they are good people

seriously, I think we want the same as woman from your country

OH, smile a lot

Most of my shorts,Timberland,Lacoste,Burberry's etc. cost far more than your average cheap jeans from the market by a factor of at least 10!blink.png

shorts are for boys, but if very hot, OK to wear

Thai man not many times wear the short pant

Most of my shorts,Timberland,Lacoste,Burberry's etc. cost far more than your average cheap jeans from the market by a factor of at least 10!blink.png

It don't matter what the shorts cost, unless you are exercising, or on the beach, or at home, men wearing shorts is a big no-no.

+1

We don't always agree ... but on this matter ... thumbsup.gif

Apparently, they cut us a bit of slack if it's stinking hot, because they know we really feel the heat ... but long pants it is.

I've seen Thai girls with just about everyone from the young good looking guys to the young ugly looking guys to the old guys with money to the old guys who are clearly broke.

I'd say the majority of them aren't necessarily with farang for money (but many are) but mostly because they cannot get a Thai man at all or cannot get the type of Thai man they want.

So they might be unattractive, over weight single, mums, a poor village girl and no Thai man is interested or they might actually be OK looking and not fat / have a kid but be reasonably well educated and have a decent job and income but can't meet any guys who are on a similar scale due to the increase in educated women in Thailand so they date a farang as apparently farang are more educated, intelligent and have careers.

there is some <deleted> talked on here,,!!

i know a man thats having this done to him,

i know a man thats having that done to him,,

yes we know it goes on,,

but i can sit here and say i know loads of couple that are very happy,

old with young,

old with not so young,

young with young,

rich with young

rich with old,

the list could go on,

this was a thred just to get were it is, lets pull thai ladys down, and the old rich fools that marry them,

i dont know were some of you get off,

you come here for a couple of holidays and thats it,

ive heard of a great site called thai visa,

you can go on there and pull thai girls to bits,

some times you get get a thred past the troll stage,

<deleted>,

does it really matter, in the grand skeam of things who wants to be with who,

rich or poor,

as long as they are happy with what they have,

some old chaps might even know that there girl is f@@king the thai taxi driver, but might be just happy that she cares for him when she is at home,

i work away in the oil gas and power industry, and i would trust my thai wife more then i would of ever trusted my ex wife in the uk,

there are some beautiful trustworthy ladys in thailand,

but in my opinion you wont find many in the tourist areas, not saying you wont faind any,

these are just my thoughts, sorry ive gone on,

jake

• Like 2

Money is always the means to an aim. Not more. Find her aim and you will know. In my opinion the overwhelming majority of thai women prefer a thai man, if he can fullfill her aim ! Over 99 % of women living with a foreigner in thailand have had previous issues with thai men and in their easy way of thinking they believe a foreigner is, well......... not the same !

Money is always the means to an aim. Not more. Find her aim and you will know. In my opinion the overwhelming majority of thai women prefer a thai man, if he can fullfill her aim ! Over 99 % of women living with a foreigner in thailand have had previous issues with thai men and in their easy way of thinking they believe a foreigner is, well......... not the same !

Quite simplistic, but pretty accurate.

there is some <deleted> talked on here,,!!

i know a man thats having this done to him,

i know a man thats having that done to him,,

yes we know it goes on,,

but i can sit here and say i know loads of couple that are very happy,

old with young,

old with not so young,

young with young,

rich with young

rich with old,

the list could go on,

this was a thred just to get were it is, lets pull thai ladys down, and the old rich fools that marry them,

i dont know were some of you get off,

you come here for a couple of holidays and thats it,

ive heard of a great site called thai visa,

you can go on there and pull thai girls to bits,

some times you get get a thred past the troll stage,

<deleted>,

does it really matter, in the grand skeam of things who wants to be with who,

rich or poor,

as long as they are happy with what they have,

some old chaps might even know that there girl is f@@king the thai taxi driver, but might be just happy that she cares for him when she is at home,

i work away in the oil gas and power industry, and i would trust my thai wife more then i would of ever trusted my ex wife in the uk,

there are some beautiful trustworthy ladys in thailand,

but in my opinion you wont find many in the tourist areas, not saying you wont faind any,

these are just my thoughts, sorry ive gone on,

jake

So u are knocking thai ladies who may work in banks,hotels in Pattaya then?????

TWO FACED I THINK U ARE

U are doing the same thing that u complained about on your thread

but in my opinion you wont find many in the tourist areas, not saying you wont find any,

that is what i said,

i know im not the best speller, but even i can see that it dosnt say PATTAYA in th sentance,

have a good day and have a good holiday when you get back

jake, busy at work,

• Like 2

An American girl told me once years ago that she liked rich men and good looking men, but never a good looking rich man. Rationale is that such a guy would never be faithful. But of course, not many women would reject a good looking rich guy.

Seriously, I think this article best explains Thai women preferences (http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/ReadersSubmissions2010/reader5917.htm). From what I've observed, it's pretty accurate.

Usual stickman <deleted>, written by some racist xenophobe nutter.

I take it you don't agree. Doesn't mean it's not true.

So tell me, do you really think that the average Thai girl prefers to be with a foreigner with whom she can barely communicate, or a Thai with whom she can communicate perfectly? From my observations, a Thai girl who's after a farang almost always has issues. And the issues usually involve money...or lack thereof.

99% of Thai women lack money, but 95% of Thai men lack money as well.

So basically, we are left with 94% of the women who can't get a Thai man with money - so what are they to do?

Some marry a Thai and settle for a hard work - little money lifestyle, some go work in a bar, some try to get a good education and a good job, and some look for a farang.

Based on my observations of the Thai man, I really understand why a Thai women would opt for farangs.

• Like 2

I read the Stickman article contained within Berkshire's post....

I get genuinely astounded by people who think that's newsworthy. I had a pal recently ( one of those Thaier than Than types ) who puffed himself up, sucked his teeth, and readied me for an announcement.

The tension of the moment, I'll never forget it, it was the longest three seconds of my life. I could hear the world go quiet, silence in Thailand, a unique thing. Tuk Tuk drivers gathered round, the TV and Radio shows interrupted their shows to broadcast this proclamation live.

I could feel beads of sweat forming and pouring oh so gently down my forehead, ladies in the newly formed crowd rushed forward and fanned me, sponging me down as they knew the pressure of the occasion was getting to me . A pack of three hundred Soi dogs appeared from nowhere as they are in charge of rapid communications, everyone knows that if every dog in the street knows it, it must be true.

All that in three seconds......I looked at my pal, who was going a bit blue as he hadn't taken a breath for a while, then..........he said it..........

" The Thais .... .... .. .... "

<deleted> You don't say coffee1.gif

The only bright side was one of those Dog Factory trucks was passing so now we're able to walk the streets without being attacked by swivel eyed mange carriers.

There's always a bright side. coffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

I read the Stickman article contained within Berkshire's post....

I get genuinely astounded by people who think that's newsworthy. I had a pal recently ( one of those Thaier than Than types ) who puffed himself up, sucked his teeth, and readied me for an announcement.

The tension of the moment, I'll never forget it, it was the longest three seconds of my life. I could hear the world go quiet, silence in Thailand, a unique thing. Tuk Tuk drivers gathered round, the TV and Radio shows interrupted their shows to broadcast this proclamation live.

I could feel beads of sweat forming and pouring oh so gently down my forehead, ladies in the newly formed crowd rushed forward and fanned me, sponging me down as they knew the pressure of the occasion was getting to me . A pack of three hundred Soi dogs appeared from nowhere as they are in charge of rapid communications, everyone knows that if every dog in the street knows it, it must be true.

All that in three seconds......I looked at my pal, who was going a bit blue as he hadn't taken a breath for a while, then..........he said it..........

" The Thais .... .... .. .... "

<deleted> You don't say coffee1.gif

The only bright side was one of those Dog Factory trucks was passing so now we're able to walk the streets without being attacked by swivel eyed mange carriers.

There's always a bright side. coffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

laugh.png