Does anyone know a cheap apartment near Onnut BTS

Brightonman

Hi all

I am looking to move from my apartment in Sukhumvit 101 to move nearer to Onnut.

Does anyone know where I can find a nice apartment for less than 8000 baht a month somewhere near Onnut BTS?

All help gratefully received

Cheers Graham

Edit: Phone number removed, please send PM if you can help.

You don't state any requirements. I know a few for 1,500 on On Nut. What do you need in this apartment of yours?

The most important things are good internet, a quiet and good size room with a balcony and a comfortable bed. The closer it is too Onnut BTS the better.

If you know of anything suitable do let me know...

You don't state any requirements. I know a few for 1,500 on On Nut. What do you need in this apartment of yours?

The most important things are good internet, a quiet and good size room with a balcony and a comfortable bed. The closer it is too Onnut BTS the better.

I am pretty much looking for the same so please let me know if you find something and I will do the same.

I am pretty much looking for the same so please let me know if you find something and I will do the same.

OK spaceman, will do. Anything you are looking for in particular?

Been looking a alot and 9apartment.net seems to be the place to start, just looking for a decent quiet place with good internet, but from others experiences is going there and walk up and down the sois to find a good place is the best to do but it would be nice to have some recommendations. A place can look nice but then be bad.

What I am thinking is booking 2 nights at a nearby hotel and then do the foot work.

Edited by spacemand

Been looking a alot and 9apartment.net seems to be the place to start, just looking for a decent quiet place with good internet, but from others experiences is going there and walk up and down the sois to find a good place is the best to do but it would be nice to have some recommendations. A place can look nice but then be bad.

What I am thinking is booking 2 nights at a nearby hotel and then do the foot work.

Thanks for the link. I had lost that site so it was great to find it again.

I am finding it tough to beat my apartment in Punniwitthi. It costs 8500baht a month and is nicely fitted out with a kitchen area, bathroom with a large shower with sliding glass door, a bedroom (but with a glass wall so not too private if someone is stopping on the bed settee), very good sliding doors on the wardrobe space, a balcony, and comes with 32" TV, fridge and (plastic) convertible sofa. The tiles are good quality throughout and it is mostly quiet from neighbours. I pay the electric straight to the electric company and is usually 400-500 baht so no charges from the condo and water is usually 50-70 baht a month. I can pay True for my 10 MB Internet and is fast enough to watch the BBC using my VPN with almost no stops.

The only problems are that it is next to a giant warehouse where they rent out large machinery such as cranes and diggers. This can be a bit noisy at times. It is not too close to a 7 11 or much food. A 10 minute walk is needed to get to the shop and back. And to get to the BTS a 10 minute ride on a motorbike is necessary.

Therefore, I thought I should maybe move nearer to my work in Asok and try to find somewhere nearer to facilities and BTS. But, of course, everything nearer to Asok is more expensive or is not so good as my present place...