Mitsuibishi Attrage, sedan version of Mirage

CTO

Anyone outside of Thailand have any information on these, looked at one on Saturday, looks nice and I like a boot in an eco car.

Just gone on sale in Thailand this week, was interested in the Mirage, this seems a better deal.

Why would you only be looking for info outside of Thailand?

The Attrage will eventually make it to other markets, but as of right now it has only been launched in TH (3 weeks ago)

I can't believe the deal you get on an Attrage - I just saw one today at a local mall in Bangkok, it was a GLS ltd. so the top of the range and only 582,000 baht!

I paid 560,000 for my Honda City three years ago and it didn't even come with alloy wheels; this Attrage has 15" alloys, a touch-screen monitor, push-start ignition, stereo controls on the steering wheel...and somehow gets 22km/l. How are Mitsubishi doing this? I think it looks really stylish.

I can't believe the deal you get on an Attrage - I just saw one today at a local mall in Bangkok, it was a GLS ltd. so the top of the range and only 582,000 baht!

I paid 560,000 for my Honda City three years ago and it didn't even come with alloy wheels; this Attrage has 15" alloys, a touch-screen monitor, push-start ignition, stereo controls on the steering wheel...and somehow gets 22km/l. How are Mitsubishi doing this? I think it looks really stylish.

It's cheaper to manufacture a 1.2L engine than it is a 1.5L, and eco cars get a lower (17%) excise tax rate than larger engined B-class cars.

Mitsubishi (along with Isuzu) have always had a way of packaging in features that made other brands look pretty poor in value for money comparisons - the Mirage has been a daylight 1st place in sales charts since it's release the eco-car hatch segment.

• Like 1

Don't believe the hype about fuel economy in these eco cars. Around Nonthaburi my swift and a friends mirage get around 14-15 km/l on average. 30 km/l + is doable at a constant speed 60-80 km/h though. For 22 km/l you would need to be doing a constant 90 km/h on a highway or thereabouts. Stopping and accelerating kills economy. Apart from that they are quite good value, relative to what you used to be able to buy for 550K many moons ago.

Don't believe the hype about fuel economy in these eco cars. Around Nonthaburi my swift and a friends mirage get around 14-15 km/l on average. 30 km/l + is doable at a constant speed 60-80 km/h though. For 22 km/l you would need to be doing a constant 90 km/h on a highway or thereabouts. Stopping and accelerating kills economy. Apart from that they are quite good value, relative to what you used to be able to buy for 550K many moons ago.

I don't know if I'd call it hype per se - they are all measured using the UNECE standard cycle. No FE rating standard (NHTSA, UNECE, JIS, AS etc) is easily/reliably reproducible in the real world, however they do serve as a base of comparison - so a Mirage/Attrage at 22KM/L will be around 10% better on fuel than say a March/Almera at 20KM/L.

ASEAN are currently working on their own standard for measuring FE - let's hope the local version more closely mirrors real world.. :)

• Like 1

Took one for a test drive on Saturday, similar size to the Mazda 2 and slightly smaller than vios. Huge boot, could hide a few bodies in there.

So put down a deposit on the manual version, 10 000 off list price, free 1st class insurance, fog lights, film for windows, interest a tad steep at 2%, couldn't get lower.

Was very happy with test drive, not a zippy car by any means, but suits me fine for the city.

• Like 1

For starters, I'm a huge Mitsubishi fan, Owned a Galant, Eclipse and Lancer Ralliart. Almost bought a Pajero here too.

That being said, I think the new Attrage is butt ugly. The Mirage wasn't that bad but somehow, they took what little styling the Mirage had and flushed it down the toilet. They need to bring back the designer of the Lancer and make these things look more exciting.

I do think it's a good value though. I'm looking for a second car. If they give this thing a facelift in future versions, it might be worth a consideration.

Funny how tastes go, I really like the Attrage styling, I was leaning to Mirage until I saw the Attrage.

I was VERY pro Honda Brio, but onse the wife said

"it looks like a washing machine" I hated it,

Remember the Honda ZOT?

Funny how tastes go, I really like the Attrage styling, I was leaning to Mirage until I saw the Attrage.

I was VERY pro Honda Brio, but onse the wife said

"it looks like a washing machine" I hated it,

Remember the Honda ZOT?

Thats Wives for You. Ever since my Wife said All SUVs look like Shipping Containers with Windows,its stuck in my mind....thumbsup.gif .

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does the Attrage have ABS? Handle safely?

And does it really get 22km/liter? The Nissan Almera claims to get 20km/liter and many guys on that thread claim they actually get it with sensible driving.

Yes it has ABS and EDB and 2 front airbags and alum wheels, and safety belts front and rear seat

It has all the things I want a car to have except cruise control

I once asked a Nissan dealer why Almera wasn’t fitted with cruise control and he answered: “Thai people don’t want” What a stupid answer. Not even 5% of Thais know what it is, and how can they want something they don’t know what is.

To all of you there will start comment on how useless cruise control is in Thailand, save your comments. I have had cruise controls before and using it depends on where you drive and what time of the day. Off course it’s useful.

And does it really get 22km/liter? The Nissan Almera claims to get 20km/liter and many guys on that thread claim they actually get it with sensible driving.

Yes it has ABS and EDB and 2 front airbags and alum wheels, and safety belts front and rear seat

I once asked a Nissan dealer why Almera wasn’t fitted with cruise control and he answered: “Thai people don’t want” What a stupid answer. Not even 5% of Thais know what it is, and how can they want something they don’t know what is.

To all of you there will start comment on how useless cruise control is in Thailand, save your comments. I have had cruise controls before and using it depends on where you drive and what time of the day. Off course it’s useful.

Off course it’s useful.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Yes, mate gets the 22 km/l, and not at 80kph, but at about 100kph speed. It is, like all these cards "tinney" very thin metal, but nice, surprising amount of room in back seat, huge boot as big as a vios, 450l I think,

Wife hit one in her Ford Everest, the everest had a slightly crooked grin to the front, the attrage back end crumpled, but I suspect all these models would

Yes, mate gets the 22 km/l, and not at 80kph, but at about 100kph speed. It is, like all these cards "tinney" very thin metal, but nice, surprising amount of room in back seat, huge boot as big as a vios, 450l I think,

Wife hit one in her Ford Everest, the everest had a slightly crooked grin to the front, the attrage back end crumpled, but I suspect all these models would

There's a reason they are called crumple zones B)

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I understand crumple zones, but at 60kph, I would think half the boot wouldn't disappear, I'd want something that crumples slightly slower so that a high speed impact you have a better chance,

60 KM/hr is a big hit - all those EuroNCAP crash test videos you see are done at 64km/hr. Most people manage to get to the brake before impact ;)

Only half the boot disappeared you say? IMHO, that's surprisingly awesome for a car in this class, especially given it went up against the equivalent of a brick wall ;)

• Like 1

I understand crumple zones, but at 60kph, I would think half the boot wouldn't disappear, I'd want something that crumples slightly slower so that a high speed impact you have a better chance,

It's shame the woman driving the Everest doesn't know when to apply the brakes or drive at a safe distance from the vehicle in front. No need to say more a female driver.

Cruise control sound perfect for Thais.... lazy and easy option...sabai sabai...but not in BKK for course.