True Adsl Terrible

The Skipper

My TRUE adsl service is rotten.

Cuts out constantly, slow, errors etc. A pain.

What other companies should I try?

THANKS

Hi,

I have

TT& T maxnet 790thb /month for 256/512 and it works very well.

maybe give it a try,

rcm :o

I have True and generally it's ok, rare to drop the connection, and speeds usually consistant. I think it had an off night last night, d/l speed 5kps, usually about 50kps, so bad I gave up and read my book instead :o

THANKS

Hi,

I have

TT& T maxnet 790thb /month for 256/512 and it works very well.

maybe give it a try,

rcm :o

Same same here never knocked off line I am now on line 6 days 44 Mins. The speed is better that I could have wished for BUT I would say if you are thinking of using the Maxnet4home service then First get it month to month not the yearly plan. I have 1 friend that also has this service and he in locked in for a year and has had nothing but problems.

THANKS

I'm with KSC, I have their 'business internet' option, not cheap at 1900 per month for a 512/256 link. Unlimited transfer and both Emule and Bit torrent work just fine easily filling my download pipe.

It has never been down for more than an hour in the last year, customer service have always got it going with a reset. Need to call them, maybe 3 times over the last 12 months.

Of course, as with all these things, your mileage may vary. Others have reported crappy service from KSC, 'spose you'll have to suck it and see. BTW we are a bit out of town in Pathum Thani, central BKK may be better / worse.

THANKS

I use CSLoxinfo ADSL 1meg and am pretty satisfied with it. It was slow for a few hours yesterday afternoon but that's been pretty rare. Usually I get fairly decent speed, though not quite enough to keep broadband level streaming video from some sites from frequently halting to re-buffer. Other than that I really don't have any complaints, certainly no disconnections or errors. However, I live in the lower Sukhumvit area of Bangkok which I believe is fairly close to one of their relay stations, but their Web site has a place for you to enter your phone number to see if you're in their service area. I should also add that complaints like yours about True seem to come up with some regularity on various forums but ones about CSLoxinfo do not, though that may be simply because there are a great many more True users.

Dropouts are related to the line and CO, so any service might or might not have dropouts. As for speed, True does suck royally, unless you get the SME package (it's tolerable, not great), but that package requires a phone line registered under a company name.

I'm using Buddy after True, and it's very cheap, but it's not great. It's very inconsistant... sometimes you can get excellent speeds, and other times you have problems connecting even within Thailand. I'm using it on an older line, so the dropouts can be annoying (my True line hardly ever disconnected, but that was a newer line). Don't expect to use P2P with Buddy... it's a trickle, even with 1000+ peers. VOIP is also bad. But for general surfing, it's pretty good (most of the time).

The vast majority of ADSL users are on True, so there are bound to be vastly more complaints about them. Most of them are valid complaints... I've used True for several years, and have gotten to know how godawfully incompetant they are.