Reinstalling Windows, Firefox In Thai

johna

This is an update on a previous post,

My hard disk had to be replaced and the shop which did the work installed a Windows XP with a Thai version of Office.

I had the original Windows disk and following advice from forum members attempted to reinstall but kept getting an invalid message for the Key number, so I took the PC plus the disk back to the shop and they said no problem they could do everything for me.

When I pick up the PC it was shrink wrapped and the guy I had spoken to was not available to answer questions.

No surprise when I get home and find they had installed a pirate version of Windows with some extra unwanted features. I figure that’s as good as it gets and I will just have to live with it.

When I try to install Firefox I keep getting the Thai version I have followed advice from other forum members but nothing works.

My PC works so I will just accept this situation.

Thanks for the help but I am convinced the problem lies in the pirate version of Windows

About your Windows key, don't you try to reactivate it following a link on the net or phone to Microsoft?

I don't use Windows so I don't know exactly what to do but a friend told me it is possible. :o

For Firefox, do you try to download the exact version for your system in english?

This one: http://www.mozilla.com/products/download.h...in〈=en-US

Uninstall any other version before to install it, and to be sure delete the Firefox folder somewhere in c:Program Files. Good luck. :D

Edited by Wallalai