2 stay over stay

Me my wife and daughter will be travelling to Thailand from 15th September to 17th October.

My daughter who is half Thai holds a British passport. As our leaving date is 2 days over the given amount of time for the visa on arrival.

Is it worth me applying for tourist visas for the both of us, or to just pay the charge for a 2 day overstay.

It's been a long time since I've had an overstay and not sure how immigration are with this these days. Even if it is just 2 days over. Also, does my daughter even need a visa? I'm not 100% how it works.

Cheers for any help or knowledge out there.

Hi,

If your daughter also has a Thai passport then there wont be a problem just present both. If not from memory I am sure if the child is under 7 there is no overstay fee but for you the first day is free then i think it's 500B per day so it will work out a lot cheaper if that's still the right price.

On the down side to that if you get caught or need to show your passport to the police etc for any reason within that 2 days then you could end up in a spot of bother that could end up costing you more than a tourist visa.

Im not sure I would take the risk

Andy

Edited by andyandythai

No problem if she has a Thai passport and she should get one if not. Both countries have no problems with dual nationality. There should be time enough to get a Thai passport for her.

Without a Thai passport your daughter will need a visa, or can be denied boarding. I would advise getting a tourist visa, then she will not have any problems with her stay or the airline.

Hi and thanks for the replies. £72 for a tourist visa these days. Think I will just get a tourist visa for myself and get my daughter her Thai passport while we are in bangkok as my wife is obtaining a new passport for herself while we are there so she can get my daughters at the same time. anyone know how long it takes to process a new passport in bangkok?

Thanks again.

Getting a passport in Thailand takes no longer than 5 days, including having it send by EMS to your home address.

Getting your daugther a Thai passport in Bangkok will not be aproblem as long as she is registered on a household registration book. However, she will still need a visa because she will arrive with a foreign passport. (And also needs to leave on that foreign passport).

Was your daughter born in Thailand or the UK? If born in the UK she will first need to get a Thai birth certificate from the embassy in London, as with that she wil be registered as a Thai citizen. At the same time you can apply for a Thai passport for her.