Another silly question... Bamboo shoots?

Bamboo is a grass that flowers once every hundred years. Now, does that make it special? No, I aint waiting that long to collect any seeds. But what bamboo does have is some really good BIM in the ground around a healthy clump. Ever seen a bamboo plant attacked by pests? Ever seen a mouldy stick of bamboo? How does it do that? Out with the boxes of rice boys, some seriously good bacteria available for free.

Clothes that are made out of bamboo fibres can reduce problems for people with persistant fungal infections.

Yes, I bet not many of you knew that weaving fabric was yet another angle from this amazing plant.

Loong

I have herd of bamoo being left to soak in water before,same as mie sadow, neam wood .

My misses said that ,being soaked in water makes the wood smell so the insects will not eat the wood ,and makes it last a bit longer.

Is that ture ,or yet another, Thai old wives tale.

My bamoo is under water most years,and it still grows

Just arrived into LOS from work yesterday,, good to hear about the bamboo from others more knowledgeable than me,, we also have approx 1 rai of bamboo on a lower level than the rest of the bamboo, and looks as though previous comments are correct,,, the lower level isn't what I'd call waterlogged, but certainly plenty water just below the surface.

We planted the bamboo on the lower level about a month after the upper level was planted and already seeing more shoots coming from the bamboo on the lower ground level,,, wife's aunt took nearly 30kgg today with still more ready for picking,, here's a wee pic of her prepping some shoots,,, some were too big she said so I think she plans to cut those and store them in salted water

post-100183-13738694523802_thumb.jpg