Low Season Bar Crackdown begins in South Pattaya

Rimmer

Low Season Bar Crackdown begins in South Pattaya

bar-6.jpg
PATTAYA:--Banglamung District Officials, led by Khun Pongtasit, the Chief Bailiff, conducted checks on many late night entertainment venues in the South Pattaya area in the early hours of Wednesday in search of bars and clubs which were being operated not in accordance with licensing regulations.

A total of 50 officers and District volunteers were sent to the South Pattaya entertainment zone to check a variety of bars and clubs. The officers conducted drug tests on employees and checked licenses and the age of patrons and employees.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/93825/season-bar-crackdown-begins-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-07-03

I agree its the right thing to do, although i would not be happy if i was sat having a beverage and got told i have to leave !! haha

Other than underage sex police raids,most raids are early hours of the morning,so a good time to do the crackdown,whether high season or low season.

Yet another evidence of Thailand becoming increasingly like a farang country... sad.png

U are the sort that moans when u get stopped killing someoned due to intoxication on a bike,then complains more when the cops dont take a bribe

Yet another evidence of Thailand becoming increasingly like a farang country... sad.png

have you thought maybe they are actually doing there job for a change,,,,or there just bored,,,,,,,clap2.gif

bored and low on cash, thats the only reason.

Think about all those farangs always complaining about Thailand and how its not 'like that at home' so now they will get their wishes. sad.png

to bad thou they thart there but hey rules are there for a reason

I agree its the right thing to do, although i would not be happy if i was sat having a beverage and got told i have to leave !! haha

Or inconvenienced with a drug test, which is oftimes the case.

For sure, nothing more important to do when you are a cop...

Luckily I will never have a business that is visible and will never have to deal with any of the monkeys !

gorillafarm ? in the middle of town a business option?

There are many, many branches of the Royal Thai police, regular, Immigration, Tourist, then metropolitan, provincial, municipal, many with divisions dealing with petty crime, fraud, licensing issue for businesses whether entertainment, commercial etc, crime suppression, transnational crime, and on and on so you can't expect the police who checks bar licences to be doing something else. At least not that day.

Think about all those farangs always complaining about Thailand and how its not 'like that at home' so now they will get their wishes. sad.png

I don't know where you come from, but I don't know of any farang country where bars are routinely raided and people made to do drug tests on the spot. Sure, you can point out other problems in farang countries, but this kind of bar raids ain't one of them.

I would like to inform the officers in question that a gang of criminals running the jet ski concessions on the beach have been assaulting and defrauding tourists for years.

They could start the investigation on the beach across from the police station.......