Has the Olde Bell reopened or is there a new one?

elektrified

The rent might be far more reasonable out San Sai way.

Are the British Legion heading out there?

The Old Belle was not the home to the Royal British Legion for over a year the Old Belle Landlord did not remove it from his sign. The RBL home is Kamala Guest house in Chiang Mai .

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Old Belle was not the home to the Royal British Legion for over a year the Old Belle Landlord did not remove it from his sign. The RBL home is Kamala Guest house in Chiang Mai .

'The Olde Bell landlord would have removed it if the Legion had paid for it to be removed. A quote was provided which they said was too expensive and declined to pay. The Olde Bell continued to play unofficial host to many Legion members right up until the last day. With the demise of the Bell, let us hope that the Legion will move to more suitable premises that all their members feel comfortable in.

'The Olde Bell landlord would have removed it if the Legion had paid for it to be removed. A quote was provided which they said was too expensive and declined to pay. The Olde Bell continued to play unofficial host to many Legion members right up until the last day. With the demise of the Bell, let us hope that the Legion will move to more suitable premises that all their members feel comfortable in.

Bunch of tight bastards I hear.

Generally the person owning the sign must remove any false claim if they cease to be valid. Unless the British Legion specifically asked you to add the wording to the sign (rather than you deciding it would benefit you) they should not have to pay to remove the wordage. In most country action would be rather profitible (against the owner of the sign)

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

Any chance of pinpointing the place on Google Maps? I appreciate the attempts of people in this thread to give directions but for someone not intimately familiar with the area they sound like the starting point for a wild goose chase.

Which part of the directions are you struggling with?

Any chance of pinpointing the place on Google Maps? I appreciate the attempts of people in this thread to give directions but for someone not intimately familiar with the area they sound like the starting point for a wild goose chase.

Which part of the directions are you struggling with?

Maybe I'm just not good at directions, but based upon what you and others have written in this thread I cannot pinpoint the place on a map.

http://<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://maps.google.com/maps?q=18.828966,99.03933&num=1&ie=UTF8&t=m&z=14&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="https://maps.google.com/maps?q=18.828966,99.03933&num=1&ie=UTF8&t=m&z=14&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Thanks, but there's something wrong with that link.

Edited by AngelsLariat

If i was Andrew i would drop the old bell bit on the sign and put the name of your restaurant on it. + the British legion thing is not right to show as you are not a part of the British legion. Its kamala guest house who the British legion are associated with now. (Just Advice) smile.png

If i was Andrew i would drop the old bell bit on the sign and put the name of your restaurant on it. + the British legion thing is not right to show as you are not a part of the British legion. Its kamala guest house who the British legion are associated with now. (Just Advice) smile.png

I will tell that to Andrew but he is just 10 years old aprox .(Andrew is Tonys son .)

Edited by anto
  • Like 1

If i was Andrew i would drop the old bell bit on the sign and put the name of your restaurant on it. + the British legion thing is not right to show as you are not a part of the British legion. Its kamala guest house who the British legion are associated with now. (Just Advice) Posted Image

why? An earlier post reported he had a record number of people in for Sunday roast... And it appears for no other reason that he put the old "old bell" sign out front.

It would actually seem putting the restaurant name on the sign at this point is a bad idea.

If i was Andrew i would drop the old bell bit on the sign and put the name of your restaurant on it. + the British legion thing is not right to show as you are not a part of the British legion. Its kamala guest house who the British legion are associated with now. (Just Advice) :)

why? An earlier post reported he had a record number of people in for Sunday roast... And it appears for no other reason that he put the old "old bell" sign out front.

It would actually seem putting the restaurant name on the sign at this point is a bad idea.

I don't think anyone who knew the Olde Bell thinks that this place is even remotely anything to do with Pedr, so if he was busy it is more likely to be because people who were unaware of this bar now know about it because of it being mentioned here. If he is hard- skinned enough he may want to consider advertising here, but so long as it's free, I'd stick with that.

Maybe just more "marketing" with not only the sign and promotions. When I went to Sunday Brunch they said it was a good day and I asked how many served and was told 6 people, so a record day might be true but I'm not buying anything here, figuratively and literally.