Activist lodges complaint against jet-setting Thai monk with Crime Suppression Division

webfact

Morning news is 20 minutes about the monk and still running.

No time to talk about anything more serious than this apparently

The story is not just about one man, but about those who represents the nation's religion. It's also the closest you get to real soul searching in a country that has all but forsaken Buddhism in the greedy pursuit of status and material wealth.

I think this is something to do with the governments good news policy.

It just gets people s attention away from looking at the government.

The story is not just about one man, but about those who represents the nation's religion. It's also the closest you get to real soul searching in a country that has all but forsaken Buddhism in the greedy pursuit of status and material wealth.

Yep...who represents the nation religion is a discussed behaviour

Typical redirection in a country full of corruption. Perhaps the public and the media should concentrate on th Government whoes activities in this area make this monk rather trivial. A few million is peanuts compared to what the PTP have secreted.

• Like 2

"Songkran Achariyasap, who chairs a network that monitors activities considered
detrimental to Thailand, ...

The most detrimental activities to Thailand are corruption. He will probably
discover that the controversial monk is laundering corruption money.

Songkran Achariyasap could be the person to start a full scale war on corruption
and ensure that the people of Thailand have a future.

"He just needs time to consult lawyers and determine how best to protect Buddhism," said Sukhum Wongprasit, one of his followers.

This is a line straight out of Politician's Handbook. I think he could be a serious contender for PM position.

Buddhism is a mighty complex philosophy and methinks not many of their followers fully comprehend it. It does NOT in fact prohibit material wealth at all, it merely wants us not to become dependent on it. Dependent like, huge house, dozens of cars, servants, a wife ornate with jewels, all these things that look good to the outside and that are in reality a brimstone around the neck. So, as long as we don´t have more than a monk who has used business jet, please...

• Like 1

I think the story is about crime and corruption and proving that it also exists in walks of life outside and not just in the government

I think, Innocent until proven guilty, BUT (or when you pay me then sabi sabi )

it's not looking to good for this (monk) guy now yeah,

Take a look at what's happening in the Vatican right now,,, the same thing, It's not looking to good for him right now also yeah.

Today I was teaching a student and the topic about this came up during the class. I was so surprised that she actualy could understand the situation and with the help of her phone/dic find the words to put across her feelings. Basically, she feels that the teachings of the Lord Budda have been lost in translation. "People are using him as a way to profit from him". I was so proud to have a Thai person actually see the truth and openly say it to me, as a farang that is not usual that they be so open.