Sms Inter And Roaming Unusable Due To Damaged Fiber Optics

laurent

Hello,

I've just heard that it is not currently possible to send SMS from Thailand to Europe, neither receive SMS from Europe to Thailand, neither roamers from Europe are able to use roaming in Thailand due to a fiber optic outage.

I can confirm that I am not able to receive neither send to UK right now (I have Dtac).

Am I the only one? Can anyone else confirm that this info is correct? Can anyone tell me whether it works with Orange and AIS?

The source of this information comes from BT (UK), one of my friends called them.

Thanks

Larry

I received two SMSs from Chiang Mai an hour before you posted your msg.

Thanks, I know that local SMS are working fine, but I am just saying that receiving International SMS or sending International SMS are impossible with DTAC.

Hmm, I think endure might be living in Europe, and saying that he received a SMS from CM?

Anyways, I sent two SMS's to Europe yesterday, and there was no error (usually there should be one if the send was not successful). However, I've gotten no reply, which is a bit strange, so...

Hello,

I've just heard that it is not currently possible to send SMS from Thailand to Europe, neither receive SMS from Europe to Thailand, neither roamers from Europe are able to use roaming in Thailand due to a fiber optic outage.

I can confirm that I am not able to receive neither send to UK right now (I have Dtac).

Am I the only one? Can anyone else confirm that this info is correct? Can anyone tell me whether it works with Orange and AIS?

The source of this information comes from BT (UK), one of my friends called them.

Thanks

Larry

I have problems with receiving SMS from Europe on my European mobile, since last Saturday (April 1, 2006). I thought the Thai gouverment did this to us, but now I hope they solve it quickly.

Ron W. (Sriracha-Chonburi)