Help with a used car price?

topt

A friend is looking to buy a used Mazda 3 privately.

Can anyone give me a rough idea of what a 2005 2.0 AT (Sport), metallic with 150,000kms should be priced around? Apparently the bodywork and interior look to be in good nick and new tyres.

Anything particular you would suggest paying special attention to with that age and usage?

Also Is there a good web link other than Thaicar for looking at used car prices generally - or a car sale site that has lots on there? I checked TV classifieds.

There some for sale here:

http://www.one2car.com/search/search_result.aspx?Brand=B0031&Model=S0755&Year1=2003&Year2=2005&

They appear to cost anything from 420-520K baht.

What to look for in a car like that? Everything, if your friend don't know what to look for, don't buy 2nd hand but new.

Used cars in Thailand are notoriously know to have the odometers tampered with, bent in an accident, maybe flooded during the big flood, many many pitfalls.

I would personally rather +100-200 k baht on above price and buy a new car with typically 3 years warranty.

• Like 1

http://www.one2car.com/search/search_result.aspx?Brand=B0031&Model=S0755&Year1=2003&Year2=2005&

What to look for in a car like that? Everything, if your friend don't know what to look for, don't buy 2nd hand but new.

Used cars in Thailand are notoriously know to have the odometers tampered with, bent in an accident, maybe flooded during the big flood, many many pitfalls.

I would personally rather +100-200 k baht on above price and buy a new car with typically 3 years warranty.

Unless you buy from a Falang then there won't be the problems mentioned previously, well not if I was selling anyway!!

Unless you buy from a Falang then there won't be the problems mentioned previously, well not if I was selling anyway!!

Ha ha ha ha ha....

I bought a Land Cruiser from some 'really nice' missionaries in Zambia once, that was $6500 down the toilet :)

Ha ha ha ha ha....

I bought a Land Cruiser from some 'really nice' missionaries in Zambia once, that was $6500 down the toilet :)

Ha ha I can only talk about myself, I have sold 3 cars and 3 bikes here, the people that purchased them were and still very happy!!

• Like 1

one2car is a good site, if you can read Thai or have someone to translate.

Another good one is bahtsold

Lots here,http://www.taladrod.com/w20/Search/TbSch3F_Inf.aspx#mk:32+md:469

look like 360,000 + a good number under 400 k for the 2.0 Sport for an 2005

Same sort of size but cheaper is the Ford Focus, 2007 for the same money 2 nd hand are a good buy ?

http://www.taladrod.com/w20/Search/TbSch3F_Inf.aspx#y1:2007+y2:2007+mk:10+md:476

Thanks guys for the information - appreciate it.

I understand the insurance history stays with the car not the person - is there any way to check this?

wHAT YOU need is a knowledgeable friend who can steer you through the shark infested waters.

I already have a truck thanks so I DON't need a car as well.

Knowledgeable friends are always good to know however thumbsup.gif

Maybe could help others ? personally have never seen a New Mazda 3 for less then 1,065,000 baht

Maybe could help others ? personally have never seen a New Mazda 3 for less then 1,065,000 baht

I didn't say Mazda 3.wink.png

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I am considering to buy a used car.

i am getting 2 option.

both cars belong to some of friends friend.

1.white color Honda civic april 2011, 1.8 L,top model with navi.it s only used25000km on milometer.

2.white color Toyota corolla altis 1.6CNG, jan 2012, used 3000Km only as owner has 2 car and not much driving.

can anyone give me current market price idea for both cars , and which is a good deal on what price of point.

as both car belongs to friends of friends , so i need to know current market price for both cars .

and i can choose one.

thanks

Why don't you go to bahtsold and search for the cars of your interest and check the prices yourself, not hard to do.

i tried, but they tag on that their selling price.and they bargain, if we offer.

and i found there is very big difference in used car dealer's buying and selling price,

so i want to know, the price dealers usually pay for such cars, what they sell.

so we can set as a middle price. or dealer's buying price.

thanks

You can start a topic in the Motor forum, ask how much people were offered when they traded in their old cars at the new car dealer when buying new cars. New car dealers don't buy cars, but they have contacts with used cars dealers and when someone wants to trade in old when buying new, dealer calls the used car dealer to come and appraise the vehicle. Dealers won't tell you their prices, the people who traded in their old cars will tell you. Although there won't be many replies with the particular make and model with the same year and mileage as the cars you're interested in. You can figure out from there what is the dealers' mark up. However most people chose to sell their cars privately and get more for them.

If I had a car for sale and someone told me they would give me less because dealers buy less, I would tell them to take a hike. Dealers' buying prices do not represent used car market prices, I wouldn't care less what dealer paid for their cars, I would want the market value or near it. Most people I'd think are the same. Good luck.

• Like 1