Aquariums

I wish to upgrade my existing freshwater aquarium but it will require that it is built to my measurements with a specially built stand.

There is a guy at the Koi shop just outside Mainam who says he can build to order but since he cannot be bothered to come back to me with price etc I guess that he's not interested.

I would be grateful If anyone can give me any pointers/recommendations regarding a reliable person/company who is able to build a freshwater tank with built in filtration system.

I think there used to be an aquarium shop on the road to Raja ferries but it's been many years since I've been that way and not sure if it's still there.

Any info appreciated.

A couple of years ago, I was walking through Hua Thanon and I got in touch with a shop there who was able to build one with filter etc.

He did give me very reasonable quote. Much cheaper than other shops. He's also able to arrange steel stand.

I have however changed my mind of having a tank, so I never got in touch with him. I will look if I still got his number somewhere.

A couple of years ago, I was walking through Hua Thanon and I got in touch with a shop there who was able to build one with filter etc.

He did give me very reasonable quote. Much cheaper than other shops. He's also able to arrange steel stand.

I have however changed my mind of having a tank, so I never got in touch with him. I will look if I still got his number somewhere.

Many thanks. Sounds as though it's just what I need!

I don't seem to have his number anymore.

His shop is on the same side as the market in that street which goes to the Mosque. He should not be difficult to find. You'll notice a shophouse with several fishtanks inside.

If you go to any other petshoops/aquarium shops, they'll just take your specification and send to one of those glass worksshops to get it made and plus their markup on it.

So alternatively, you could get it made at one of the glass workshops yourself. You know those places which will sell glass for windows etc. They'll also build fishtank according to specification.

But I would recommend you check out this guy in Hua Thanon because he told me makes the tanks himself, hense the very reasonable price. (About the same price as those pre-buildt one can buy in Bangkok)

Edited by Mole

There is a small glass / window shop between Maenam and Ban Tai on left side heading to Nathon, (almost opposite the big Lapidary Shop and before the Tile shop on right) ... I've seen him making aquariums.... might be worth checking with him...

(sometimes not there if installing windows etc, so late afternoon might be better time to go! )

I assume you tried the shop some where near Angela's Bakery in Maeman? .... Soi 2 or Soi 3 area on same side...

hi all

Antica locanda restaurant in bangrak has a large aquarium in the place

perhaps ask the owner where it came from

been there many times and its not leaking

Supot electric also has a new aquarium in thier shop , might be worth inquiring about

• Like 2