6000 litres in one month. That's a lot of extra water useage.... for 2 people.

Got the water bill today. Up 90 Baht on the usual price.

Now, it is not the cost of the water at 230 Baht for one month, but the amount of water used.

Usually 8,000 litres of water per month for 2 people in one house and a bill of roughly 130 Baht per month.

I noticed last month that the water bill had risen but as it was not that much extra, I thought little of it.

Actually (2000 litres extra as I checked last months bill today) compared to previous months bills.

The new bill arrived today and the water useage has increased by 6000 a litres on previous bills / useage !! There are still two of us in the house.

What has happened in the two months where the amount of water useage has increased is the mains water has been turned off and I've been using the tank and pump.

Last week when the mains supply was off, in one day and a half 800 litres of water left the tank. Previously that 800 would have lasted 4 days, based on having had to use the tank on several occasions.

I was suspicious about such a large amount going. I checked for any leaks and found none.

What I did notice was the g/f leaving the garden hose over the top of the air con unit by the neighbours wall. Within easy reach, as is the tap. (Now the hose - on my insistence - is left well away from the wall, as of today). These are not Thai neighgbours btw, they are Indians and several of them in the house.

It makes you wonder where the water went. 6000 litres is a lot of extra water for 2 people.

Anyone else had a similar thing happen to them?

It's not happened to me as when i go away i turn off the water at the main and remove all hoses and store them indoors, but i have a pal who went to England for two months and when he returned his normal water bill had doubled each month thanks to his neighbours helping themselves in his absence. Just for good measure they nicked a step ladder and a bike as well.

Sad; but you can't drop your guard for one minute here.

Maybe you should leave the hose there together with a small camera somewhere. than at least youre sure before pointing fingers. Not that it makes any diffrence but I guess it would feel better to know for sure if your neighbours are thieves or not.

One must water one's cricket pitch, oh deary deary me.biggrin.png

Carn't you hook the hose pipe up to a sceptic tank or suchlike?thumbsup.gif

Also install a small webcam so you can broadcast to usclap2.gif

CCC

That would be brilliant but I'm not going to poison my pump and pipework thanks w00t.gif

Cricket pitch? I was looking to see if they had a pool out the back!

• Like 1

Do your neighbours have a swimming pool by any chance ? Or are they growing hydro ??? Just common reasons water disappears if you have no leaks .

Is 6000 liters enough to fill half a swimming pool?

6000 liters does not seem like much water to me.

Why do they measure in liters anyway, in Taiwan for example, they use units of cubic meters.

So 6000 liters can be better visualized as only 6 cubic meters. That is truly very little water for even one person in a month.

My water bill last month for thirty days was 5 units at 27 Baht per unit in Chiang Mai. And all I do with the water is take showers. No clothes washing, no gardening, and I don't even drink it.

So HERE I can see from my bill that Thailand uses cubic meters just like Taiwan.

My Thailand water bill uses cubic meters at 27 Baht per M3.

I think you should maybe check your meter, your metered units, and your leaks.

I try not to accuse anyone of anything until I get my facts straight, even Thai and Indian neighbors.