Khiri named Thai agent for space-tourism venture

webfact

Khiri named Thai agent for space-tourism venture
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok-based Khiri Voyages has been appointed as exclusive Thailand agent for Space Expedition Corporation (SXC), which will hold its Asia-wide media launch in Hong Kong on July 8. The first flights into space will be late this year or early 2014.

The cost per trip is approximately Bt4.2 million.

Exclusively for the Thai market, the price includes the training mission to the Netherlands and the space journey from the Spaceport in either Curacao - a Dutch-controlled island in the Caribbean - or the US, business-class flights from Bangkok to both destinations, transfers, and deluxe accommodation for two people.

Additional modules of pre-flight training, such as zero-gravity flights, are available, at extra cost, if the space traveller wants to subscribe to these.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-07-04

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW...Space exploration corp....must be low cost carrier.....notice things like pre-flight training and zero gravity training are optional extras, you will have to pay extra for a space suit as well by the looks of things....move over Air Asia...here comes Space exploration corp

• Like 1

slingshot.jpg

Up's real fast!

Returning has it's down side ... rolleyes.gif

You beat me to it. I was just thinking of the ACME Space Ship and Wile E. Coyote fueling it up.

Let them figure out why the internet shuts off when it rains first, then they can discuss the possibility of washing one of NASA's rockets.

Try to read the OP, before you start bashing Thailand!sad.png

It is an American project, the mentioned Thai company is an agent!!

Expected flying time is 30 minutes. 140.000 per minut!!w00t.gif

So only for ricemillers and politicians, Chalerm doen't need a ticket, because as we all know, outer space is his natural habitat. whistling.gif

An American company located in Bangkok means it is 51% Thai owned and operated. So no thanks.

Edited by Scott
  • Like 2

Images running through my mind of astronauts finding

i-phones etc missing from their luggage on their return to earth……. space capsule with Doraemon cartoon art plastered all over it…. Esaan karaoke at 2 miilion decibles for the entire flight…. and re-entry with faulty brakes ultimately involving the pilot doing a runner…..

Edited by lemonjelly
  • Like 2

slingshot.jpg

Up's real fast!

Returning has it's down side ... rolleyes.gif

You beat me to it. I was just thinking of the ACME Space Ship and Wile E. Coyote fueling it up.

Let them figure out why the internet shuts off when it rains first, then they can discuss the possibility of washing one of NASA's rockets.

The rockets are not going to be in Thailand.

They will be in either Curacao - a Dutch-controlled island in the Caribbean - or the US.

More than likely Curacao as it can be difficult for a Thai to get a visa for the U S.

Thais have so many space explorers and aeronautical engineers of note, so many science fiction authors, read so many books about space exploration, and are so knowledgeable about the solar system this "special Thai package" will surely go over big. Thais are very special and deserve a special package expressly for them.

• Like 1

You guys are really a strange bunch.

It's about space tourism from the US or Curacao, and all (most of) you have to say is related Thai politics and Thai bashing... I really do know how you always succeed in highjacking every thread on this forum. You're depressing.

You know what? I am going to go on one of these flights :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

Amazing how few of you actually read a story before taking a chance to bash Thailand. I can't imagine choosing a place to live if I hated it so much.

I would not mind to sponsor a one way trip especially arranged for TV Thailand bashers. Up there can only be better than Thailand. Anywhere would be better apparently.

And it would allow the rest of us to breath a bit.

Edited by gerry1011

The rockets are not going to be in Thailand.

They will be in either Curacao - a Dutch-controlled island in the Caribbean - or the US.

More than likely Curacao as it can be difficult for a Thai to get a visa for the U S.

It's not going to happen no matter where it is. Why would you only target Thais and limit your potential customers? Sounds like a narrow minded Thai business plan to me, not a foreign one.

To put Thai space travel into perspective, only one Thai in the history of Thailand has even claimed Mt. Everest. And kudos to him.

Amazing how few of you actually read a story before taking a chance to bash Thailand. I can't imagine choosing a place to live if I hated it so much.

Up there can only be better than Thailand. Anywhere would be better apparently.

Something that Thai apologists don't understand is, there isn't a problem with Thailand. Thailand is not hated. It's the xenophobic inhabitants who cause the problems.

• Like 1

I would not mind to sponsor a one way trip especially arranged for TV Thailand bashers. Up there can only be better than Thailand. Anywhere would be better apparently.

And it would allow the rest of us to breath a bit.

Get your wallet out then...