Advise please on taking o.t.c facecreams home in bulk

rebeka

Hello,

Please advice- I want to take a bulk load of 'retina a' cream home. I do know when Ill be back to Thailand- and some of my friends also want some so will this be a problem- packed in my checkin luggage.?

The main reason for doing this is cost. Plus this stuff is very effective.

I checked out the customs page- and it says anything up to the value of 10k (bht) is non taxable. The tubes come in 25g ( I was planning to take 30 plus home.) According to the above allowance I could take up to 60 tubes home.

I don't think im doing anything wrong- ? You can buy them over the counter here in any pharmacy here, I don't know how its classified- as medication or cream, which effects custom charges.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Does it need to be declared, should it be placed in checked luggage etc-

Im returning home, im female and traveling alone, last thing I want is to be detained or worse. My flight is from bkk- lhr with india Airways.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think your problem will be here in Thailand. It will be when you land. You'll have to declare it and it might raise a red flag. You should check to see if this is on the list of banned items for import to your destination. And remember, just because it says what's inside that tube, since it's made here, ya just don't know. Knock off pharmaceuticals are huge here.

don't think you can take that amount in your ckecked bag.

no way to check whats in side the tube,could be bomb makeing stuff.

most airlines are real pick' y

and theres no way you can carry that much in you carry-on bag.

might be better to sent it by mail,should be less of a problem.

As per Craig, the issue is with the country you are going to, not Thailand.

Retin A is quite small, even a "bulk" amount is not likely IMO to be a problem with the airlines as long as in checked luggage.

But if it is prescription only in the country you are going to and if your bags are checked by customs could conceivably be an issue there.

I don't know where your home is but it surprises me that the cream is cheaper in Thailand as i regularly bring in Lanolin cream, Sorbeline and Vitamin E cream back to Thailand for my gf and her friends as it is so expensive in Thailand. What i am saying is it worth the trouble. .

don't think you can take that amount in your ckecked bag.

no way to check whats in side the tube,could be bomb makeing stuff.

most airlines are real pick' y

and theres no way you can carry that much in you carry-on bag.

might be better to sent it by mail,should be less of a problem.

Maths wasn't your strong suit in school I take it?