Price Of Computer In The U.s. Vs. Thailand

quadricorrelator

I am thinking of buying a laptop when I visit the U.S. (rather than buy one here) next week. I have heard that the same computer would be cheaper in the U.S. than in Thailand.

What could the difference be?

Possibly the sheer volume, the big box stores buy in huge quantity because they can move product,

Laps and PC's are still expensive items for the average consumer in the LOS,

I am thinking of buying a laptop when I visit the U.S. (rather than buy one here) next week. I have heard that the same computer would be cheaper in the U.S. than in Thailand.

What could the difference be?

You could try pricing out a PC with the configuration that you want on Dell's US web site at www.dell.com and then price it out again at www.dell.co.th and see what price difference that you get. Dell's not the cheapest supplier but by looking at thier Thai vs US prices may give you a general idea of what major brand PC's cost in the US vs Thailand.

Laptops are cheaper in the US then in BKK and it varies from 5-30%

One question is if will you have an address in the USor not, if so in that case you can buy a laptop on the Internet because that is the best option.

You may get a good deal at a specialized store such as Best Buy, CompUSA, Circuit City etc. DO NOT buy at any of the turist trap shops (smaller shops with all kinds of electronic where usually sell staff of questionable origin).

For the best deals check:

http://www.techbargains.com/ or

http://www.xpbargains.com/

For myself I usually buy Dell (good price performance ratio).

One more issue if you need thai keyboard and/or operating system you may need to buy your laptop in BKK.