I will take the detour I guess

jbrain

Today I passed Laem Chabang on Highway 7 where they are currently constructing some new fly-overs and highway entrance and exits. Since Laem Chabang is the deep sea port from the east, These roads will be used 24/7 by 100 tonne trucks.

I noticed that one section of a fly-over under construction had come down already from it's own gravity .

Says it all for the quality of the construction, and I guess I will use a detour when it's finished, if ever.

post-163350-0-84363500-1373204757_thumb.

post-163350-0-00553500-1373204776_thumb.

• Like 1

Your mistaken,it's actually a new Thai design in road construction,it's the fly over,once maximum speed has been obtained you jump the gap like Evil Kinievel and land safely on the landing ramp,saves concrete,piers and hard labour.

I actually thought first that it was the spaceship launcher for Khiri's Thai space tourism venture http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/651333-khiri-named-thai-agent-for-space-tourism-venture/

Wow. That's pretty scary.

You can be sure that this is pretty scary. Have you by the way noticed the condition of major roads in Thailand these days ? I think only sand an water is used to make concrete, and the cement is dusted over it.

Edited by jbrain

Your mistaken,it's actually a new Thai design in road construction,it's the fly over,once maximum speed has been obtained you jump the gap like Evil Kinievel and land safely on the landing ramp,saves concrete,piers and hard labour.

You sir, are also mistaken.

This is for the new space travel programme currently in effect I Thailand. This is simply a 'launch pad." thumbsup.gif

They've just put up the signage - all clear now. rolleyes.gif

post-12195-0-33021500-1373267642_thumb.j

You can be sure that this is pretty scary. Have you by the way noticed the condition of major roads in Thailand these days ? I think only sand an water is used to make concrete, and the cement is dusted over it.

you people are too narrow-minded.

live and let live build!

post-35218-0-61792300-1373270393.jpg

you people are too narrow-minded.

live and let live build!

attachicon.gifL-dog vs.jpg

I understand your concern, but think this isn't really a good example of building, more of failure to build I would think.

Now keep in mind that these pictures weren't taken from an abandoned construction site, but one they are currently building.

actually the other side is taking traffic, go past there everyday . but heh, 40 years ago the bridge from western suburbs of Melbourne connecting to the city fell down too . rip to all those who died .