Looking for electronic assembly / PCB service near CM

dslocum

I'd like to find a reliable company to make small runs of my "boutique" electronic music devices. The only one I've been able to identify is HANA Microelectronics in Lamphun, but have not received any replies from them to date.

If they will take your business, Hana is probably about as good as you'll find in Thailand for electronics assembly. But they are a a large volume multinational (but Thai owned) operation, so I suspect that if you're not representing a major electronics company it might be hard to get them to return your calls.

Edited by AngelsLariat

This is how Hana describes their Lamphun operation: "Hana Microelectronics Public company Limited (Lamphun Plant), a member of Hana Group of companies, was established in Lamphun province, Thailand in 1993. Now, as one of the leading subcontractors of printed/ flexible circuit board assembly for automotive, telecommunication,

computer, smart card, commercial products, and medical devices, we are searching for well-qualified individuals to strengthen our team. Right candidates will be offered a new challenge, training abroad opportunity and a good prospect for advancement. "

Basically they are Thai competitors to companies such as Amkor (Korea), Carsem (Malaysia), StatsChippac (Singapore), ASE (Taiwan), and SPIL (Taiwan) though with perhaps more emphasis on board level assembly than on chip level assembly.

One other thing that I'll point out is something that you probably already know. There's a learning curve when you first start working with subcontractors in Asia; even more so in Thailand. The approach to the job is not the same as with companies in Texas and California.

If you don't find what you need I recommend a company I use for my more complex designs that can't do in house. They do PCB manufacturer, that is PCB only but have board assembly also. They do require minimum 50 pieces for assembly but they will go from PCB file to final item. Not sure about housing but you can contact them to see. They have been very good at answering my questions and excellent PCB production. Their main site is Australia I believe but all work and shipping comes from their branch in Bangkok so shipping costs are low. Below is an example of my latest design, one of my more complex ones with both standard and surface mounting devices. I have technicians though to populate the boards. Futurlec.com

I see you mention small runs so an option is to have them produce just the PCBs and find local technicians to solder and assemble them

post-566-0-24090700-1373251422_thumb.jpg