Seeking SAFE Visa-Run Company

EBlair48

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Do you really consider that a helpful response or are you just getting your post count up ? I know there are members for whom high post counts are very important for some reason..

Otherwise, please explain your post; how you know for sure that no company will operate a visa run bus in a safe manner?

Sweeping generalizations denigrating Thais rule the Phuket forum today ?

I actually have been in mini vans with Thai males that drove quite safely.

I also remember a visa run from when I lived here years ago that was quite comfortable- but cannot recall the company name.

So if anyone can post a response that isn't sarcastic or aggression funneled through a keyboard....much appreciated.

Edited by LivinginKata
inflammatory remarks removed

I am asking for specific information on a forum. "Do you know a company ..?" [...]

The new question is my chance to reply with a clear "NO". I always took my car and did my own visa run, but last time was about 12 years ago.

@EBlair48

Apart from yourself and Hans (who's being humorous), every poster that has responded to your question has told you that there aren't any safe minibus drivers.

If you don't like the answers you get, why bother asking?

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1

I've heard good reports about the visa run service organised by Aquarium Solutions on Chao Fa West. (Opposite Island Furniture) Safe drivers, reasonable speed, maintained vehicles. Tel: 084-7458268, or 086-2715535.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

^ Yes, thank you very very much for that response.

LiK

Thanks for that, too-to clarify but actually am looking for the bigger buses, although I didn't state it specifically, just a company providing a safe service.

RE flying;

I'd rather stay out of SEA planes, airlines, airports and airspace if possible. Yes, I know statistically safer, but intuitively..FN !

Edited by EBlair48

^ Yes, thank you very very much for that response.

LiK

Thanks for that, too-to clarify but actually am looking for the bigger buses, although I didn't state it specifically, just a company providing a safe service.

RE flying;

I'd rather stay out of SEA planes, airlines, airports and airspace if possible. Yes, I know statistically safer, but intuitively..FN !

I prefer to fly, but I have made several successful runs with Eve. They run mini-vans, but I've never had a problem. In fact, the overall service has been very good. 081-535-2637. I have always done the Andaman run with them.

Edited by Shot
  • Like 1

I also remember a visa run from when I lived here years ago that was quite comfortable- but cannot recall the company name.

So if anyone can post a response that isn't sarcastic or aggression funneled through a keyboard....much appreciated.

I have never encountered a safe driver on a visa run, however a few have been less crazy than others. It doesn't really matter anyway because they all act as booking agents for each other, so there is no telling which company you will be with when you book with a specific company. Besides, even a "safe" driver has to contend with the rest of the morans on the road, so another reason there is no answer to this question. Only way to do safely is in an airplane.

• Like 2

I have never encountered a safe driver on a visa run, however a few have been less crazy than others. It doesn't really matter anyway because they all act as booking agents for each other, so there is no telling which company you will be with when you book with a specific company. Besides, even a "safe" driver has to contend with the rest of the morans on the road, so another reason there is no answer to this question. Only way to do safely is in an airplane.

This is probably your best answer, and I believe that the " big " buses you refer to stopped doing visa runs some years ago.

Small bit of abvice EBlair If you do not get the answer you are looking for on a public forum using abusive and insulting arrogant

language is unlikely to further your cause, just saying. thumbsup.gif

Hello,

Thanks in advance for any recommendations for a Phuket based visa run bus to Myanmar operated in a safe manner.

http://www.kbv-phuketvisarun.com/tag/thai-visa-run-to-ranong/

I had to do it. They were very good when I did it. They go to Penang also.

+1. I have using them exclusively for the last 3 years (Penang mostly, lately to Ranong as well), and can vouch for good service and safe driving.

Have used KBV visa run several times. Really depends on the driver on the day.

As others mentioned above - you can have the safest driver in the world, but some other idiot will come around a blind corner the other way on the wrong side of the road.

So KBV visa run if you need to do it.

Also at this time of year do the Andaman Club run rather than Kawthoung. If the weather is rough, the Andaman Club ferries are a better bet than the wooden boat from Saphan Pla over to the Kawthoung jetty and back. Plus you get to skip the amazing aromas of Saphan Pla smile.png

• Like 1

As an aside, I had a friend that was going to go with the aquarium solutions group, but they didn't have enough punters so they didn't go. Friend ended up having to drive himself and it was a two day trip thanks to all the flooding. At some points he said they only let 4WD vehicles through. Something to think about during the rainy season.

I am asking for specific information on a forum. "Do you know a company ..?" If one doesn't know of such a company, then why post ? seems is posting for no reason other than to make a post declaring a negative, non helpful opinion.

Those who make negative, non helpful and seemingly odious posts on information query specific threads are really the ones lacking in, " life."

Would you prefer NO posts and be left wondering. Even asking this question shows you lack any understanding of Phuket and visa runs. OK here is THE safest, take a risky ride to the airport, get on a plane, fly to wherever your heart desires, then you have two choices, 1) return to Thailand getting a new entry visa or 2) do not return and run away before Phuket destroys your innocence.

• Like 1

Have used KBV visa run several times. Really depends on the driver on the day.

As others mentioned above - you can have the safest driver in the world, but some other idiot will come around a blind corner the other way on the wrong side of the road.

So KBV visa run if you need to do it.

Also at this time of year do the Andaman Club run rather than Kawthoung. If the weather is rough, the Andaman Club ferries are a better bet than the wooden boat from Saphan Pla over to the Kawthoung jetty and back. Plus you get to skip the amazing aromas of Saphan Pla smile.png

Have used kbv several times, it was very safe, AFTER taking a sleeping tablet. Overtaking when not enough room, overtaking on blind bends, tailgating, speeding, talking on mobile phone, yeah, every conceivable thing they could do to scare you, they did it. Feel much safer in Mukdahan, 10 minute drive the friendship bridge, bus ride to Lao, then return to Thailand, all up, about one hour and not frightening ride.

• Like 1

Hello,

Thanks in advance for any recommendations for a Phuket based visa run bus to Myanmar operated in a safe manner.

http://www.kbv-phuketvisarun.com/tag/thai-visa-run-to-ranong/

I had to do it. They were very good when I did it. They go to Penang also

I used this company in January..never again...the driver was in the hotel 'disco bar' drinking and partying till 2.30 a.m ...we left the following morning at 10 a.m and he drove like an idiot....even the guys he was partying with, my fellow passengers agreed it was a bad idea...sad.png

Ok, well than you very much to those who offered answers.

The K.. folks were very helpful , excellent English on the mobile number on site. He admitted and he could not guarantee the drivers adherance to speed limits. He admitted to many many complaints of this.

He did recommend I NOT take the VIP (THB 1800 )which needs to arrive by 10 : 30 whereas the (1500) regular bus yeah, all mini vans now ) has until 11; 30 .

So that may be of help to others seeking safer options.

He also suggested driving , 10 hours minimum driving in one day. Ugh, I was looking forward to a day off reading and snoozing on a freezing cold double decker bus..

I cannot take 2 days for this.

In fact having to do this run at all is.....

Another thread.

Edited by LivinginKata
inflammatory comments removed