Strange Emails

DavieA

Dear Sir/Madam,

I do understand the concern this letter will bring to you for the fact that

it comes from someone strange to you. But be rest assured for it comes with

good intentions. I decided to contact you for your help to receive some

money out from Malaysia into your personal or company account overseas after

going through your company profile.

I am Mrs. Patricia Johnson the wife of late Mr. Sipho Johnson from Zimbabwe.

My husband was among the rich black farmers murdered in cold blooded in

Zimbabwe by war veterans of President Robert Mugabe.

My main aim of contacting you is to assist me in transferring the sum of

US$12,500,000 (Twelve million Five hundred thousand United States Dollars) into

your nominated overseas account. This money was given to my husband by President

Mugabe when they were still in good terms for investment purposes. My husband

deposited this money in a security company in Malaysia,Asia as if he foresaw the

looming blow of his death.

My husband later deposited the said funds as family treasure in order to avoid

seizure since Malaysia, have almost the same land laws with Zimbabwe.

Presently, I am residing in Malaysia with the rest of my family as asylum seekers.

Based on our present status we are deprived of some financial rights of banking

activities. Moreover, this money is the only thing my late husband left for us as

such the entire life of my family depends on this money coupled with the

responsibilities rested on me. I will be willing to go into partnership on any

lucrative business you will suggest in your country.

The sharing pattern is negotiable between you and me. I will like you to contact

me through my email address ([email protected] ).

For strict confidential reason in case my proposal arouse your interest or if not,

please do keep it confidential.

I am looking to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Mrs. Patricia Johnson.

I received this today in my email. Has anyone else received anything like this? Boy did I write a filthy letter in response!

Many times, usually Nigeria but the same scam. I have Nigeria in my junkmail filters now after getting them so many times. Also it is better not to respond for it will verify to them they found a valid e-mail address.

Edited by tywais

Its a typical "419" Email scam.

Its generally works they will work you until you pay some fee for the processing of untold wealth, that does not exist.

Best thing unless you want to take up "Scambaiting" as a hobby, delete it and ignore it.

Otherwise google 419 Scambaiting and look at the results.

There is one golden rule with these 419 scammers.....

Do not reply to their message....If you reply you reveal your email address as being a valid (alive) address..... and they pass valid addresses around so you will get many more.

I normally just forward the email in its entirety (including all headers) to abuse@zzz (zzz being the email providor that they have used... hotmail, yahoo etc)

Often you will then receive a reply confirming that they will investigate and eventually the scammers lose the use of that email account. I'm sure that they then just swop to another but at least it inconveniences them a bit.

I once spent a great 4 days in Dubai chasing a bunch of these guys around on behalf of my old boss who had ''co-operated'' with them... amazing fun... sending them to 'meets' in hotel lobbys, small cafes and the like.... bit like being a Secret Agent!!.... in the end it was the magic solution dollar note cleaning scam (as predicted) but hey.... I got the rest of the week on the beach :o

Once, in late 2002 I got one, libelled like yours, but from a Ivorian widow. the husband was killed during the inseruction in in Cocody.

As well she precised her name, and her beloved husband name.

The most funny, but she/they could guess it, the names used were those of my sister in law and her husband, who was gived as dead during 5 days, my ex wife is from Ivory Coast. More, my sister in law was an immigration police woman, her husband a police inspector. Should I explain I was willing to went in Ivory coast (with my ex wife as she had a free ticket and I already planned to go there to see her familly), then the usual, phone calls, meetings cancelled, and then real meeting. I went with my sister in law, and her husband (both in civilian), the meeting was in Cocody (Novotel or Sofitel, or another big hotel) in the lobby. Come a women (obviously not ivorian type, but nigerian type) with 2 big guys. She introduce herself, one of the guy was so called brother, the other given us the name of a famous lawyer from the north of country (fake name). Then my sister in law start to say there is a problem, sister, and show her ID, the husband do the same, and invite them to follow us to the Police station (hard to decline the invitation due the fact it was some policement in uniform there).

They are dangerous, I heard about thai women who went in middle east, and lost big bucks.