Parking At Chiang Mai Immigration

Mapguy

Everyone knows the space for parking in the Immigration lot is next to none. The roadway is out of bounds with wheel locks and fines. The government facilities next door only take motorcycles. The restaurant with the very large lot across the road has locked its gate for some time. Now, the petrol stations across the road don't love us !!!

See the photos (attached with luck) that even Dave didn't get before he ran out of pixels today! If I am unlucky trying to attach the pix, know that both stations are posted, and the pump peon at the nearest one said that violators are getting a wheel lock (if the cops bother showing up which he said was maybe yes, maybe not). Earlier posts suggesting parking at the airport or at Airport Plaza apply. So do tuk tuk, songtao or taxi.post-55418-0-11805600-1373294769_thumb.jpost-55418-0-92848000-1373294842_thumb.jpost-55418-0-95720800-1373294898_thumb.j

Edited by metisdead
Topic title edited to remove all caps, there is no need to post using all caps.

I go often. If I go in a car, it's with a friend to drop me and/or wait. Mostly I go by motorbike. If you live far away, I still suggest and spouse or friend. Parking a car is a crap shoot. Good luck!

Go into the airport, drive into the parking lot and go all the way to the end of the lot. Find a space around there near the exit and walk 87 seconds alllllllll the way to the immigration. It's an inconvenience but you know.. do we have a choice? No shortage of parking there.

I guess those with disability might take a tad longer.

• Like 1