Audio clip leaves Thai govt with a lot of explaining to do

webfact

The wheels may not yet be falling off but there sure are a lot of loose nuts holding them on.

Not sure about the nuts holding them on...but there sure is a load of nuts in this present government whistling.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The thing that really shocked me was this...."Some red-shirt scholars may also want further clarifications"

The red shirts have scholars..!!!!"...........................................................................................

If scholars is another way of saying treacherous, criminal, bloodthirsty, mercenary arsonists, then yes, they do have them.

• Like 2

"Trust between the government and the armed forces, particularly top commanders, is likely to be badly eroded. And it will take some time to restore confidence. Earlier efforts by the prime minister to win the hearts of the commanders now appear to have been in vain."

So might as well just replace the army commanders with party "loyalists" so we don't get any more trouble...

There's way too much personal detail in the clip for it to be fake, info about Yuttasak's brother and his partner in cards.

Thaksin wants to take over running the Crown Property Bureau, oh my god!

And the Burmese people might not be too happy with their generals giving Thaksin a piece of their land.

Damaging for sure.

My missus tells me a full transcript in Thai is in the public domain. Does Anyone have a summary of the salient points in English?

It should not come as a surprise that the forthcoming annual re-shuffle of the military leadership (traditionally announced in September) was a leading topic.

One major point is that Yuthasak can't get it up....cheesy.gif

Golddust...

My concern, and perhaps I am being too astute (there's a change), that the Guy who is fronting up to the Ministry of Defence is an ex-Army Captain. Is he perhaps a decoy advance party, making the point to the Government that the Army is extremely "peed off" and the not unexpected sound of the rumble of tanks is not far off. My rationale is serving officers couldn't do this without very serious career repercussions, however a retired officer can make the point and at the same time allude to where the message has originated from, without actually saying - watch out for the next exciting episode folksw00t.gif .

sour the ties between the government and the military.

This snippet gets me. In a true democracy the military answers to the Govt full stop. Elsewhere the way to ensure they're towing the line is to ensure they're dependent on the Govt for wages; fuel; ammo.

In the other paper, there is an interesting article.

At the end part of the translation goes along the lines of : I don't want revenge on anyone, I just want to live a comfortable life..If it ends, I will wash my hands of politics.

Now assuming it's real, what an astonishing statement to have in a private conversation. What on earth will the reds make of that? Surely, they must realise now that they have been utterly duped into helping him get back? What on earth will the current PTP lot make of it? They will all be hung out to dry if he gets back, because PTP with no Thaksin, disintegrates instantly.

• Like 1

I don't know what the fake shock is all about. As if anyone didn't know that TS was interfering in the country's affairs.

The "shock" (for some) and the "delight (for others) is that this is directly from the mouth of Taksin himself. Sure, everyone pretty much knows that Taksin is still trying to run the show, but now there's hard evidence. Sure, Taksin and friends will deny it, but very few will believe them. And the military top-brass don't need any more evidence than this. You can bet they will remember this a long time.

Edited by HerbalEd

This is the end

Beautiful friend

This is the end

My only friend, the end

Of our elaborate plans, the end

Of everything that stands, the end

No safety or surprise, the end

Courtesy of The Doors

Can you picture what will be?

So limitless and free

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't know what the fake shock is all about. As if anyone didn't know that TS was interfering in the country's affairs.

The thing that really shocked me was this...."Some red-shirt scholars may also want further clarifications"

The red shirts have scholars..!!!!

I'm about as far away from being a rd shirt sympathizer as it gets, but have Thai friends who are reds, who are intellectuals, hi so, etc. The general tie I see to my educated or rich red short friends is a love for Thaksin and as well certain ideas regarding monarchy stuff that probably should not be posted.

Edited by tominbkk

One can only imagine the climate at the big house , freezing if these so called tapes are correct, these meat heads must remember that not very much in the social media passes by without someone with the skills, blowing the walls down on somebody, the other way is to keep your mouth shut, it's shades of the Thaskin era , with getting the military off side, not a very good idea, in Thailand, these clowns each week have an issue to dance around , slowly digging their own graves ,unfortunately at the cost of the country coffers, and lucky with a weak opposition, will continue to entertain us for sometime yet , the PTP administration are inexperienced business men and ladies , who haven't a clue how to run a country.bah.gif

And the good lady's response to an awkward question on this subject is once again to simply walk away! In many circles that would be taken as an admission of the facts, but she seems to believe that dodging the question is an effective way of negating its impact...! Duuh...!!

How long before she has a little red stop sign she holds up when she doesn't like the question. Thaksin loved to do that.

At the end part of the translation goes along the lines of : I don't want revenge on anyone, I just want to live a comfortable life..If it ends, I will wash my hands of politics.

Now assuming it's real, what an astonishing statement to have in a private conversation. What on earth will the reds make of that? Surely, they must realise now that they have been utterly duped into helping him get back? What on earth will the current PTP lot make of it? They will all be hung out to dry if he gets back, because PTP with no Thaksin, disintegrates instantly.

Thaksin lies; To his supporters, his friends, and to himself.

OTOH it could be a mis-interpretation of "life..If it ends, I will wash my hands of politics."

Edited by OzMick

The thing that really shocked me was this...."Some red-shirt scholars may also want further clarifications"

The red shirts have scholars..!!!!

I'm about as far away from being a rd shirt sympathizer as it gets, but have Thai friends who are reds, who are intellectuals

Yes, many Thai academics support the red movement.

There's way too much personal detail in the clip for it to be fake, info about Yuttasak's brother and his partner in cards.

And the Burmese people might not be too happy with their generals giving Thaksin a piece of their land.

Damaging for sure.

Where did the comment about the Crown Property Bureau come from? is there a link to an English translation, sounds fascinating.

The comment about Mr T taking over the running of the Crown Property Bureau seems a bit far fetched. I'm sure he'd like to because it's serious money, around forty billion dollars at the last count, only to do that he'd have to be the head of state but he can't be as he says he's a royalist.

Edited by bigbamboo

As far as I have read, Gen. Yuthasak has not denied having been in Hong Kong nor having met Thaksin.

This alone should be enough to fire him. Or is it permissible for a General and member of the government to meet a fugitive criminal outside the country to discuss overthrowing the government? Treason comes to my mind.

There is a deafening silence by many political and military leaders today. In my humble opinion, there is the possibility of two things happening next:

1. The government and military top brass wait for the whole thing to blow over by looking for something else to focus on ... announce Thailand is the hub of something else, going on foreign trips, etc. .... until 2 weeks pass and everyone forgets.

2. There is dissent within the military and someone makes a bold move to what they perceive to be a movement towards gaining total control of the army under the approving blind eye of certain people serving the nation.

I am guessing that no.1 is more likely at the moment, but there are definitely a few people looking over their shoulders right now.

Edited by Sunderland

cheesy.gif

One can only imagine the climate at the big house , freezing if these so called tapes are correct, these meat heads must remember that not very much in the social media passes by without someone with the skills, blowing the walls down on somebody, the other way is to keep your mouth shut, it's shades of the Thaskin era , with getting the military off side, not a very good idea, in Thailand, these clowns each week have an issue to dance around , slowly digging their own graves ,unfortunately at the cost of the country coffers, and lucky with a weak opposition, will continue to entertain us for sometime yet , the PTP administration are inexperienced business men and ladies , who haven't a clue how to run a country.bah.gif

And the good lady's response to an awkward question on this subject is once again to simply walk away! In many circles that would be taken as an admission of the facts, but she seems to believe that dodging the question is an effective way of negating its impact...! Duuh...!!

Kind of reminds me of the classic way most Thais react in a deadly or costly car accident, Hit and Run away hiding.cheesy.gif

Edited by rbrooks

Thaksin lies; To his supporters, his friends, and to himself.

OTOH it could be a mis-interpretation of "life..If it ends, I will wash my hands of politics."

Politics? I call it quit.

Where have I heard that before?

Suppose the real question for me on this story relates to:

"He challenged Deputy Defence Minister General Yuthasak Sasiprapha to swear before the idol that he was not one of the men heard"

So did the Deputy Defense minister swear before the idol...?....given the reverence Thai's have for Buddha....if the esteemed General refused we can only conclude he is telling porkies when saying it wasnt him on the audio clip..if it genuinely not him he would have no problem doing this, and if he did swear before the idol saying it wasnt him and further along the line its proven it was him...big big face loss

of course they could also hand over the audio clip to CSI New york or the CIA and they will be able to tell you if its been modfied and who the voices are...LOL

"So did the Deputy Defense minister swear before the idol."

maybe it was a fake idol ?

Damaging for sure.

Where did the comment about the Crown Property Bureau come from? is there a link to an English translation, sounds fascinating.

I think the version I saw in the other paper said, "advisor to", not controlling or running.

Do you think Chalerm was behind leaking this clip? Timing seems to back up that type of scenario....

Quite possibly.

Whoever had their phone in record mode was next to Thaksin in the room. To get the sort of quality on the recording it would be lost elsewhere in the background noise if they were not close to the boss.

I'm sure they know who recorded this.