Roll back AIS configuration file

jbrain

Hi, many on here will have read about my troubles with AIS 3G in the past, and it's obvious from the many threads on this forum that I'm not the only one.

In short, about 2 months ago I upgraded my old sim to the new 3G sim as suggested by AIS, as 3G 2100 Mhz was available in my area.

Went to the telewiz shop and got a new sim, which they for some reason couldn't activate.

In the next 24 hours I received many calls from unknown people and upon check it turned out that they had entered the wrong number in my sim.

So, 1175 re-activated my old sim again and promised to send me a new sim, with the correct number, which I received about a week later.

The sim got activated, but however I could see the 52003 (AIS 3G) network at my home, I would not be able to connect to it. What was more when I connected to the network at another location, it would not switch back to the 52001 ( TH GSM) network when I arrived at home.Each time I had to do a manual network search to connect to it and it would show the roaming icon in next to the signal bar.

Where data usage was slow with the original sim, it was not existant with the new sim. In 1 month I had data usage of about 100mb, data always on.Not able to update from playstore or whatever.

I had umpteen calls to 1175, and received configuration files twice, to no avail, Of course I received many messages that my problem was under investigation laugh.png , for 2 months.

Then last week Tuesday I got really upset and went to an AIS shop. There they discovered that the sim, which was sent to me by the AIS headoffice 2 months earlier, was an old type sim w00t.gif

So they gave me a new sim AGAIN and activated it.They played with my phone for some time and it seemed to work.

So when I returned home, I was happy to discover that I got 3G at my home as well smile.png

My house isn't in an ideal location, so at the left side of my house I would connect to AIS 3G while at the right side it switched to TH GSM Edge, but I could live with that. The downloads came in and most of the time when starting a download while on TH GSM it would switch to H+.

So this guy was a happy man, until Friday.On Friday I received 2 configuration messages from AIS again, which of course I also installed as they suggested, with the hope it would improve my connection.

That was also instantly the end of connecting to AIS 3G at my place.

I was connected to AIS 3G when I installed the configuration files, after which the phone did a new network search and connected to TH GSM. Manual search gave a visible AIS network, but not able to connect to it.

Since Friday I am occasionally able to connect to AIS 3G at my home, but it will give me a warning " emergency calls only " and no data signal. and after a minute or so it will switch to TH GSM again.

It is clear that it worked from Tuesday till Friday untill the second I installed the configuration files, and my house nor the signal towers have moved since then, so it must be the configuration file.

Does anyone has a solution, don't suggest to call 1175 as I have murder tendencies, or is it possible to roll back the latest configuration install ?

My phone is Galaxy Note 1.

Stupid question I know, but is your wi fi turned on? From any window drag the status bar down. Tap the wi fi icon and a green light comes on.

Stupid idea, but the update software "might" have turned it off.

It's been some time since I had one of those, but it used to turn off spontaneously.

Good luck with it. I'm probably no help but the checking is easy.

Stupid question I know, but is your wi fi turned on? From any window drag the status bar down. Tap the wi fi icon and a green light comes on.

Stupid idea, but the update software "might" have turned it off.

It's been some time since I had one of those, but it used to turn off spontaneously.

Good luck with it. I'm probably no help but the checking is easy.

Wifi HAS to be switched off, otherwise you can't receive data from the mobile network.

• 2 weeks later...

52003 is 2100Mhz, TH GSM is 900Mhz. If you found network but cant select that, for somehow your phone maynot support HSDPA 2100. and if you sure maybe you can try to replace new SIM with same number. Hope that helps.

52003 is 2100Mhz, TH GSM is 900Mhz. If you found network but cant select that, for somehow your phone maynot support HSDPA 2100. and if you sure maybe you can try to replace new SIM with same number. Hope that helps.

Take a look at the OP. This is the third 2100 Mhz sim I received from AIS. With the last sim it clearly worked from Tuesday till Friday, until I installed the configuration files they send me by sms, the next minute it didn't work anymore.