WP with less than 50k pay

What are the positions that qualifies a US citizen a WP with salary less than 50k. I know no limit for teaching, but interested to know if any other either with 20kmin or no minimum, in particular ones that can be used in a business

A minimum salary is not specified by the DOL to get a WP, its the extension of stay which involves the minimum salary requirements and this comes from Immigration not the DOL......

eg if a salary minimum was specified by the DOL how would a volunteer get a WP ?

A minimum salary is not specified by the DOL to get a WP, its the extension of stay which involves the minimum salary requirements and this comes from Immigration not the DOL......

eg if a salary minimum was specified by the DOL how would a volunteer get a WP ?

Legally correct, however it seems many DOL officials are starting to use the required payscales immigration uses as guidelines, especially for any jobs on a managerial level.

Thats easy !. Just give your 50k to the guy at immigration. You will either receive your work permit or get arrested. Either way you will get a long stay in Thailand.

I am so happy to be of help !.

Best of luck !.

Edited by colin2

How does that work if you start a new Thai company,surely they don't expect you to be earning 50k from day one...do they?

No because you will not get an extension of stay on a new company until its been in operation for at least 2 years, so if one is starting new company expect to be jumping the border every 90 days, as stated the legal income requirement is from immigration not the DOL

• Like 1

What if the person was married to a Thai citizen and had a O visa based on marriage.

Are they not entitled to a work permit?

Or is the pay scale still an issue?

I, myself worked in my first year with O visa at a government school, but had to switch to

B visa in my 2nd year because of the teacher's council of Thailand.

But, I do sometimes think about wanting to change jobs in the near future.

What if the person was married to a Thai citizen and had a O visa based on marriage.

Are they not entitled to a work permit?

Or is the pay scale still an issue?

I, myself worked in my first year with O visa at a government school, but had to switch to

B visa in my 2nd year because of the teacher's council of Thailand.

But, I do sometimes think about wanting to change jobs in the near future.

If your extension of stay is based on marriage then the pay scale thing is not an issue

if your extension of stay is based on working then pay scale thing will apply

there it appears that due to fact that your on a "non-imm B" your extension is granted for work,therefore your the salary thing applies if you apply for the extension of stay

you can receive a WP on either Non O for marriage or Non B..