Thai Airways

Doznotdiz

Has anyone tried to book an International flight from Chiang Mai on the Thai Airways website? Chiang Mai is an International Airport and it would make sense to allow this airport to be used as a departure location. But I cannot find a way of booking an international flight from other than Bangkok or Phuket. How does one book a flight internationally with this airline from Chiang Mai? Surely Thai Airlines do not want to be excluded from this lucrative connection internationally? Thaismileair does not allow most international bookings either.

re

I recommend you go to the Thai Airways office here in Chiang Mai

here ya go smile.png

to get there go down ratwithi road to the 3 kings monument

turn right at the traffic lights by yapparaj

wittayalia school

and its about 500 yards on the right

dave2

post-42592-0-58206700-1373371438_thumb.j

post-42592-0-75545600-1373372055_thumb.j

I agree that the in town office is excellent. I have often got better deals there than on the website.

To make international bookings ex CM you should book your flight to Bkk as a single leg and then your international leg as a separate flight. Sounds odd but that has worked for me.

But I have to admit that the in town office is my first choice.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Another way of saying the same as folks above: The Thai Airways website persists in sucking donkey balls up a garden hose, year after year after year.

one more reason to fly via Singapore, singapore airlines website is spot-on. And to stay on-topic let's you book international from Chiang Mai.

On the website www.thaiairways.com change the country location (top right hand corner) and you'll find that you can select a departure from Chiang Mai that way. For example change your location to China and select English as your language and try to book that way. I don't know if it'll work for you but Chiang Mai comes up as a selection. I know that Singapore Airways allows you to choose and book departures from Chiang Mai for international flights.

Thank you Saroq. But what a clumsy website. When selecting China (but not the UK for instance) Chiang Mai does indeed come up as an origin but I was unable to find any flights to the UK - which simply cannot be true. So there you go Thai Airways - you are going to lose out again to Singapore Air. I do not want to go to the Thai Airways office - I like to compare fares / times on the web. Offices - so old-fashioned.

Another way of saying the same as folks above: The Thai Airways website persists in sucking donkey balls up a garden hose, year after year after year.

I think the Thai Airways website is great - can book a flight on it quicker than on any other site I've used.

• Like 1

Korean air has a international flight leaving Chiang Mai.

^ Yes but, will it arrive at destination intact?

@ OP: Cheaper flights on ThaiAirways may be found on SE's like Zuji; connections are also much easier to align.