Women and children protection unit

wwex

Four years ago I was looking for the Banglamung Administrative Office - where people get married, get other licences and so on.

By mistake I went into a building nearby and noticed it was the children's protection office - maybe for women as well.

It was near Naklua and just off Sukhumvit Road. It was on the left side of the road on the way towards the north/Bangkok.

There was a police building nearby.

Hope this is helpful.

Most of the main offices in the Banglamung area (or at least a lot of the cops etc.) are now in the new police station in Nongprue.

It isn't very clear from the OP what he is looking for. A "unit" would be the division of police officers dedicated to this type of thing which in that case, just getting ahold of the Police, they would call in the proper officers for a woman or child protection case.

If the OP is looking for the huge housing unit for abused woman and children then that is where I was saying closer to Rayong but in Mapthaput (unless it has moved).

Edited by Gone

Just to clarify something on the post above. Nongprue police station used to be a sub-station of Banglamung but last year was upgraded to a fully stand alone station. Only some officers transferred to Nongprue and not the full complement of divisions which include the one being sought by the OP. That remains at Banglamung police station.

Just to clarify something on the post above. Nongprue police station used to be a sub-station of Banglamung but last year was upgraded to a fully stand alone station. Only some officers transferred to Nongprue and not the full complement of divisions which include the one being sought by the OP. That remains at Banglamung police station.

Thanks for that info Peter. I was not really aware of that but have been to the new one a few times in Nongprue

Can I ask why you want to contact them?

theres a small baby being forced to live 24h on the beach road footpath by a beggar lady with an extremely violent temperament, as I discovered when she randomly tried attacking me and 2 other tourists with a stick a few evenings back because she claimed we were keeping her baby awake. the baby might be grateful in later life if it could get off the beach and away from her, and I would be grateful if I didnt have to cross the road to avoid the bricks she now waves at me when she sees me

I did report this to the tourist police who seemed concerned and said they would have a look, the baby is still there tho, I suspect there is more money in busting 17 year olds for having voluntary sex then there is in helping out a 6 month old baby forced to sleep in the rain on a bench opposite Royal Garden