Viral ad campaign lands Thai star in trouble

webfact

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there's local celebrities everywhere. Not every "star" in Eastenders are world famous either...

She is nevertheless considered an "A" list actress here in Thailand (thanks to the success of "Yes or No"), so for all of you who's saying you've never heard of her, it says more about you.....

Edited by Mole

As soon as I showed my gf a photo of Aom she exclaimed "She is a Thai superstar" and rattled off her movies credits. She also said that "Yes and No" (which can be found in its entirety on Youtube, with English subtitles) was a big hit in Thailand. I'll take her say-so over that of some chronically skeptical farangs any day :-)

• Like 2

As soon as I showed my gf a photo of Aom she exclaimed "She is a Thai superstar" and rattled off her movies credits. She also said that "Yes and No" (which can be found in its entirety on Youtube, with English subtitles) was a big hit in Thailand. I'll take her say-so over that of some chronically skeptical farangs any day :-)

Glad to see Thailand is on top of copyright and all that.

What an incredible outpouring of comments for something so meaningless. Must be hot out today.

My ex-gf pointed out Aom to me at Central World. She was filming a promo for a local business or doing a short piece for local TV. She was very polite and nice to my ex when she introduced herself. Aom made my ex very happy that day. So, yes, to Thais she is a star. Good for her.

Can someone direct me to a post on TV , where there is actually no negative or whinging comments ?

Isn't your post in itself a whinge?

BTW, for 'is' read 'are'. There, another whinge for you to add to your collection.

Since you brought it up, the subject being referred to, "a post", is singular therefore the verb should be singular too: 'is' not 'are'. The plural object, "comments", has no bearing on the verb.

• Like 1

“I heard of the negative responses and I was upset about it, because since I have been working as an actress, I have never face any issue that I have to get myself ready”

When did screaming, shouting and hitting each other in TV shows become acting? And who is this so called movie actress?

I have so far never seen one thai soap opera with any actors, and yet they have Thai Oscars (Suphannahong National Film Awards).

Why would her fans be upset by her arrogant and rude behavior in real life when they watch her acting like this on TV every day?

Edited by bander

"Aom cited that she and other actors wanted to apologise. The event was part of the acting and she was very sorry she may have been over acting."

Meh, nothing new... Im pretty sure that 90% of thai actors are over-acting.

I will delete my own post but you can't delete what i'm thinking, soap, Snickers, (soap opera) let's do the soap then do an opera with a Snickers thrown in. After all

it's Thailand, TV commercial, soap opera, surely what else would you expect, and don't call me Shirley ?

I don't understand. Why would she apologise for acting in a commercial ????

You farang, you no unnerstan Thailand.. smile.png

Sorry just need to correct you.

It's "you Farang, you no unDuursataann"

Bangkok vs Isaan accents. Now let's see how far off-topic we can go :-)

Who gives a toss; I'm sure there are better stories to put on TV

I do.

This has ruined my life, the lives of my family and the lives of all my future descendants for the next 300 years.

If this doesn`t warrant the death penalty, than what does?

• Like 1

My wife (Thai) told me he is a ladyboy.

I asked my Thai staff, and they said the same. Ladyboys often, not always, have a predisposition to acting out in the way he/she did.

Hahah seriously... Is there any "female" that gets their image in the media that you or your Thai staff don't think are ladyboys? :P