Chiang Rai: Father confesses to killing and burying his 'missing' son

webfact

Father Confesses To Killing And Burying His 'Missing' Son

mur.jpg

CHIANG RAI: -- A man in Chiang Rai province has confessed to police that he killed and hid the body of his son, whom his wife has reported as missing to the police just a month ago.

On 3 June, Ms. Chaliao Singhachu reported to police that she had returned from a trip to find that her son Mr. Surapong Singhachu, 28, had gone missing. 2 days later Mr. Kampon Singhachu, Ms. Chaliao′s husband, notified the police that he had already got in touch with his son who was reportedly away in another province.

However, the police officers became suspicious and had been investigating the case throughout the previous month. Mr. Kampon eventually told police he had killed Mr. Surapong and faked the story to cover his crime.

Today Mr. Kampon led the police to the forest near his village in Wiang Pa Pao district to identify the spot where he had buried the remains of his son. Mr. Kampon said he had burned Mr. Surapong′s body and scattered the bones and ashes around the forest. The police retrieved more than 20 human bones in the area, which would undergo identification procedure.

Full story: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM016TTNOakEzTWc9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-07-10

Has anyone ever heard a Thai confess to a crime and claim full responsibility? Always some lame excuse.

It's just the same anywhere else in the world. If you commit a crime you will be asked by the police why you did it and you tell them. It's not an excuse. It's telling like it is/was.

Has anyone ever heard a Thai confess to a crime and claim full responsibility? Always some lame excuse.

Don't think I've heard any criminals in my home country take 'full responsibility' for their actions either (and I worked with the police for 7 years)...

Don't think I've heard any criminals in my home country take 'full responsibility' for their actions either (and I worked with the police for 7 years)...

My neighbor worked with the police a lot too. Mainly in the back of the paddy wagon

The suspect told police that Mr. Surapong was a drug addict. He said he had scolded his son about his drug habit many times, but Mr. Surapong refused to quit. On the day the crime took place, Mr. Kampon said, his wife was not home and he got in fights with Mr. Surapong over his addiction.
According to Mr. Kampon, Mr. Surapong became very violent, even beating him with a belt, so he fought back and Mr. Surapong fell backwards, his head hitting the room wall. Once Mr. Kampon discovered that his son was dead, he said, he panicked and quickly burned the body, then hid the remains in the secluded spot.
Police have charged Mr. Kampon with murdering and hiding the body of the victim. Police say the investigation is ongoing.

Why not say that they were fighting at the top of the stairs, the victim fell down the stairs and died, then store the body in a bin in the basement for a few years?

The evidence of what really happened isn't there then. Convenient.