Jet-setting Thai monk found to have bought 22 luxury cars

webfact

Have seen a few pics from when the DSI searched the house of his parents, an estate that cannot be described in any other word than palatial: gilded baroque furniture, tapestries, polished marble floors and crystal chandeliers everywhere.

Have these parents never questioned how their son, who is supposed to possess no material wealth at all, was able to finance them this "humble abode"? That makes them at least partially guilty in my book, because it is obscene and reeks of unbridled greed to accept such gifts from a monk, son or not.

Now the couple reportedly also have refused to give DNA samples to be compared with the samples taken from the 11-year-old boy. I wonder why...

This is 'Thainess' at its worst.

• Like 2

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revoking a passport doesn't require finding him. Just impound the cars and other hard assets. File charges and gather evidence. He's a money laundering fugitive. Thailand must go after him through international organizations.

Hear, hear. This is an opportunity for Thailand, and its main religion, to demonstrate that it will not tolerate this sort of behavior by those who pledge themselves to the Buddhist faith.

This crook is already undermining the faith, and yet they continue to dither; they should defrock him, sequester all assets, revoke his passport and extradite him immediately to answer for his outrages, including charges of child molestation.

Thailand has lost much of the faith that people had in many aspects of the country, not least its political system, but it has an opportunity here to put some faith back in the country's religion, before even that is lost...!

Revoking a passport doesn't require finding him. Just impound the cars and other hard assets. File charges and gather evidence. He's a money laundering fugitive. Thailand must go after him through international organizations.

and then what 3 years in exile he get it all back

If the posts here is anything to go by, most posters here are not any smarter than the monks followers.

That the "facts" in this story changes for every day, seems to go unnoticed by most here. Yesterday it was 8 cars, with only one registered in Mr monks name. Today it is 22/21. When this story broke, it was 8 women, today only the "mother" of his child, who came out of the woodworks after 11 years, lured by the smell of money. Small "Siddartha" will probably be a good earner in the future! wai2.gif

Some are even praising DSI: "keep up the good work", not realising, that this was exactly what DSI needed, to divert attention from the luxery car business.

This "monk" didn't hold a gun to anyones head, he just used his alleged connections with higher powers to make the suckers pay. Just like any other religious leader. whistling.gif

Just another thread, where all the good "Buddhist" posters here get an excuse to bash Thailand and hate the rich. All from their 10baht/hour internetcafes!

If the posts here is anything to go by, most posters here are not any smarter than the monks followers.

That the "facts" in this story changes for every day, seems to go unnoticed by most here. Yesterday it was 8 cars, with only one registered in Mr monks name. Today it is 22/21. When this story broke, it was 8 women, today only the "mother" of his child, who came out of the woodworks after 11 years, lured by the smell of money. Small "Siddartha" will probably be a good earner in the future! wai2.gif

Some are even praising DSI: "keep up the good work", not realising, that this was exactly what DSI needed, to divert attention from the luxery car business.

This "monk" didn't hold a gun to anyones head, he just used his alleged connections with higher powers to make the suckers pay. Just like any other religious leader. whistling.gif

Just another thread, where all the good "Buddhist" posters here get an excuse to bash Thailand and hate the rich. All from their 10baht/hour internetcafes!

No, we have FREE WIFI !

But I heard that in Soi 41 is a very wise and old guy sitting day by day in one of those stone-age internet cafes trying to get some of those get rich quick online schemes working - in vain, it seems... rolleyes.gif

Just joking, don't take it serious.

In some way you are right - just another religious leader filling his pockets, because he was clever enough to find a lot of brainless Lemmings to follow and throw their money at him. Pedophelia seems to be chique amongst most religious circles as well and this is going on for centuries if not millenia, as do the money scams. So we have nothing new here and nothing really to fight and argue about. You're spot on!

All we can do is hope that all of those religious impostors (whatever religion they chose as their cover) will have to face their demons once they die and be judged accordingly by the very one they pretended to love and honor.

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 1

Jet-setting monk found to have bought 22 luxury cars

A Rolls Royce for every day of the year – Osho

Far behind than an Indian monk (late) OSHO who had an ownership of 93 Rolls Royces. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

About getting Facts Right:

1. OSHO is not his Name. His Name was Rajaneesh

2. He wasn't a Monk.

3. Totally not related to this news.

4. No, I am not his Fan just trying to point out to the facts.

I agree with the points you cited.
However, critics behind my statement is that, this kind of people we always called as 'Yogi' or 'Ascetic' or say 'Anchoret'.
But their behavior shows they are 'Voluptuous'.

There is nothing exclusively Thai about opportunistic people betraying ethics in religion. Many posts here are using this story to piss on Thailand again with lack of anything resembling fairness or knowledge. It seems that within this forum there is a competition for who can come up with the most outrageous slander they can throw at this country. If you are averse to mischaracterizations, sophistry, denigratory conjecture and outright whimsical lies then you are disqualified from the contest.bah.gif

Edited by techboy
  • Like 2

I have no words to describe this piece of xxxx, for sure he will burn in the fire of eternity! And of course it has a lot of "important names" involved, but I doubt that even one name will leak! This is the world of human being (Suffering and Corruption). Nothing else.

Edited by metisdead
Profanity

"The DSI yesterday also conducted a DNA test on an 11-year-old boy in Si Sa Ket, who is believed to be the monk's son. Luang Pu Nenkham allegedly had a sexual relationship with the young boy's mother when she was only 14. The result of the test should be ready in two days."

Typical of Thailand. We now have a monk who is a cheap knockoff of a Catholic Priest.

I would not call this guy cheap and it was not a young boy he went with.

Jet-setting monk found to have bought 22 luxury cars

A Rolls Royce for every day of the year – Osho

Far behind than an Indian monk (late) OSHO who had an ownership of 93 Rolls Royces. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

About getting Facts Right:

1. OSHO is not his Name. His Name was Rajaneesh

2. He wasn't a Monk.

3. Totally not related to this news.

4. No, I am not his Fan just trying to point out to the facts.

1. According to Wikipedia, his name was Rajneesh (not Rajaneesh) and he was also called Osho.

2. He was a well-known and respected religious teacher called a baghwan (a guru or revered person).

3. It is related to this news -- respected religious figure causes controversy by owning many luxury cars.

4. When pointing out the facts, maybe more accuracy is in order.

A good journalist would be hunting the names of the persons making large donations to this Temple.

My guess.

Army / Police Generals, government workers and members of important families that can't be mentioned.

A good journalist would be dead. There is no investigative journalism in Thailand, that kind of development is being nipped in the bud very early - it does not conform with Thainess!

Edited by klauskunkel
  • Like 1

The office is also working on revoking the monk's passport.

I have read this statement at least since 10 days. It takes one day to make a new passport and hand-deliver to fugitive convicts abroad, but to revoke a passport...I guess we will find out.

Edited by metisdead
Over sized font reset to normal.

Why has the Ameri(k)an gov't for so long unnoticed, a Thai monk with huge amounts of assets and bank accounts? The Thai gov't and the so-called Buddhist foundation in Thailand did not notice either? Going through airports with bags of money and apparently with gold? Smells of possible CIA/FBI invovlement of drugs and who knows what else. I guess the only way to reveal corruption is through public disclosure and whistleblowing. Most of evryone and everything is so damn corrupt, <deleted> is going on?

• Like 1

BANGKOK: -- After discovering that Luang Pu Nenkham Chattigo, who also goes by the moniker Phra Weerapol Sukpol, spent Bt95 million to buy 22 Mercedes Benz cars, the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) will also investigate to see if the monk was part of a money-laundering racket.

Buddha bless this stinking dude to HELL,.... Where the hell did he get the money from???

according to an interesting Thai "study" he will be living his next life as a Katoy, since he did bad in this one, .............

BANGKOK: -- After discovering that Luang Pu Nenkham Chattigo, who also goes by the moniker Phra Weerapol Sukpol, spent Bt95 million to buy 22 Mercedes Benz cars, the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) will also investigate to see if the monk was part of a money-laundering racket.

Buddha bless this stinking dude to HELL,.... Where the hell did he get the money from???
according to an interesting Thai "study" he will be living his next life as a Katoy, since he did bad in this one, .............

Where's that then?

I cannot believe the US Immigration authorities are letting this guy come and go, as he apparently does with ease. Also hard to figure: if he is now in the US, why isn't Thailand requesting his immediate apprehension and extradition? Thailand caved in big time in the matter of extraditing Russian citizen Victor Bout, who had committed no crimes in Thailand, and was here legally.

This monk is a hot potato for somebody or several somebodies, high up in the Thai food chain. All that money, all those cars, all those busy bank accounts...what a story.

Can't also believe that local news organizations in the LA-Riverside area aren't camped out at that house in lake Elsinore. This story is so sleazy, it's perfect for American TV news.

"The DSI yesterday also conducted a DNA test on an 11-year-old boy in Si Sa Ket, who is believed to be the monk's son. Luang Pu Nenkham allegedly had a sexual relationship with the young boy's mother when she was only 14. The result of the test should be ready in two days."

Typical of Thailand. We now have a monk who is a cheap knockoff of a Catholic Priest.

Given that Buddhism preceded Christianity by over 500 years I think it'd be the other way round! tongue.png

Edited by Trembly
  • Like 1