DHL

hellodolly

I received a notice from them that a package was undeliverable. It was e mailed to me.

I was completely unable to open the link they provided got information. There was no phone number and I have no idea where they are located.

They even included this in the message.

For further assistance, please call DHL Customer Service

I hope some one can help me out with one or the other hopefully both.

Listen very carefully...

If you were NOT expecting a package or any delivery, do NOT open posts that say they are from FedEx or DHL.

There is a scam/virus/call it what you will going around saying there is an undeliverable package waiting for you. All you need to do is fill out the 'attached form' (which turns out to be an executable file rather than a document or text file,) so they can deliver. When you click on the attachment, it runs a program to infect your computer in some manner.

If you think there is a possibility of a 'real' package waiting for you from DHL, there is a branch office on Moon Muang Rd, just north of the Burger King/Montri Hotel with whom you can check.

+1

• Like 1

Surely it was just a spam email and the link you clicked was to a virus or some other malware.

I get about 10 of these fake emails a day, think about it why on earth would they send you an email and leave no details, did it mention your physical address or your name (rather than your email address).

• Like 1

I've spoken with the local FedEx people here in Chiang Mai regarding an email I'd received. They said it's an ongoing scam; they never send emails. They will attempt delivery, and if they're unsuccessful, they will leave a note at your door or gate.

Listen very carefully...

If you were NOT expecting a package or any delivery, do NOT open posts that say they are from FedEx or DHL.

There is a scam/virus/call it what you will going around saying there is an undeliverable package waiting for you. All you need to do is fill out the 'attached form' (which turns out to be an executable file rather than a document or text file,) so they can deliver. When you click on the attachment, it runs a program to infect your computer in some manner.

If you think there is a possibility of a 'real' package waiting for you from DHL, there is a branch office on Moon Muang Rd, just north of the Burger King/Montri Hotel with whom you can check.

Thanks for telling me where they are located. I was not expecting any thing but the notice said they got it on June 1, I talked to my son back in Canada and he said yes they had sent a package with DSL but that was three months ago. I had pretty well written it off as not that big a deal a $20 package of 3 toothbrushes I like from Costco. I tell them to mail it but they thought this would be better.

My Thai wife is excited as she likes them also.

It probably sat in customs for a while. I have had replacement credit cards sent to me using them and had them in 3 days.

TobiasML thanks for the number I will call them tomorrow before going over there.

Fedex guy was just trying to cover his ass. I;ve often receive emails from FedEx to come pick up a package.

I've spoken with the local FedEx people here in Chiang Mai regarding an email I'd received. They said it's an ongoing scam; they never send emails. They will attempt delivery, and if they're unsuccessful, they will leave a note at your door or gate.

Think of it this way... If the 17 year old pizza deliver boy can find your house in the dark, doesn't it make sense that a professional driver working for a world-wide carrier would NOT be able to do the same during daylight hours?

Fedex guy was just trying to cover his ass. I;ve often receive emails from FedEx to come pick up a package.

they always phone me, never had a note or email

Indeed DHL often sends emails. I have received a number of them over the years. The way it has always worked for me is that DHL sends an email as soon as my document envelope arrives from Europe at Bangkok. They refer to the ID number given to me by the bank, the sender, etc. and say that delivery will be attempted later in the day or the following morning. DHL has never actually delivered to me in Chiang Mai. Another courier service they contract with (can't recall their name but the white vans with red logo are seen often here), picks up the envelope at the Airport and calls for directions to my house when they are on the way.

Don't know how it works for merchandise as I would never receive merchandise through DHL or FedEx but for documents, ATM cards, etc. sent by DHL, that is how it has worked for me since 2007.

Think of it this way... If the 17 year old pizza deliver boy can find your house in the dark, doesn't it make sense that a professional driver working for a world-wide carrier would NOT be able to do the same during daylight hours?

No, not at all. In fact, Meals on Wheels are the ONLY people who have ever found where I live in the last 5-6 years without making multiple calls. Those guys rock!

Ever tried to find an address in say Moobaaan Tanawan? First of all there are 2 completely separate moobaans not even near one another with the same exact name. Then, once you get in one of them you can get hopelessly lost. Ever tried giving an address to a taxi driver in Bangkok? They usually have to call a couple of friends to figure out where to go. God forbid you need an ambulance one night. They will never find your place.

Me also.. I was having trouble with FedEx back in February regarding 60% customs duties, overtime charges, etc. etc. They were phoning and emailing me on almost a daily basis. finally told them to destroy the package. But for 2 weeks after would receive an email every 2nd day wanting me to pay duty and overtime charges even though I told them to destroy the shipment.

Indeed DHL often sends emails. I have received a number of them over the years. The way it has always worked for me is that DHL sends an email as soon as my document envelope arrives from Europe at Bangkok. They refer to the ID number given to me by the bank, the sender, etc. and say that delivery will be attempted later in the day or the following morning. DHL has never actually delivered to me in Chiang Mai. Another courier service they contract with (can't recall their name but the white vans with red logo are seen often here), picks up the envelope at the Airport and calls for directions to my house when they are on the way.

Don't know how it works for merchandise as I would never receive merchandise through DHL or FedEx but for documents, ATM cards, etc. sent by DHL, that is how it has worked for me since 2007.

I have had one ATM card delivered to me by them. Not sure of how it got to Chiang Mai but they called me when it did. That was about 6:00 at night. I had it in less than an hour, With a package I am sure that they just automatically send them to customs. Customs will charge duty on them and if they have to hold them for a while they will charge storage and then I bet DHL will have an additional charge for handling. That is what happened to a cuson of mine who's mother had sent her a ATM card plus some marshmallow bunnies by Fed X they even called her mother to see how much the candy was worth, If it had not been for the ATM card my cousin would have walked away from it. The total bill on the Thailand end was over 1,500 baht.

At any rate I will check with them tomorrow Being as there actually was a package sent 3 months ago.

With a package I am sure that they just automatically send them to customs. Customs will charge duty on them and if they have to hold them for a while they will charge storage and then I bet DHL will have an additional charge for handling.

Close, but the reality is much worse. FedEx and DHL have their OWN bonded Customs Holding Area. (I'm not certain, but I believe UPS does also.) They have an agreement with Thai Customs to handle their own packages and ALWAYS charge full import duties. Packages that go through these companies don't go through regular Thai Customs

Quite often they will also charge a:

Handling fee

Daily Storage charge if they keep the package overnight or over the weekend

Insurance fee to protect the stored package

as well as anything else they can tack on! I don't know how they manage to do it, but every package that has been sent to me seems ALWAYS to arrive at their center on Friday afternoon...

I no longer deal with companies who insist on using these carriers. I ask that all shipments come via EMS or USPS.

• Like 1

Listen very carefully...

+1, I get many of those (pishing) e-mails from Fedex, DHL, Banks etc.

If you don't expect something don't open it and delete the mail.

With a package I am sure that they just automatically send them to customs. Customs will charge duty on them and if they have to hold them for a while they will charge storage and then I bet DHL will have an additional charge for handling.

Close, but the reality is much worse. FedEx and DHL have their OWN bonded Customs Holding Area. (I'm not certain, but I believe UPS does also.) They have an agreement with Thai Customs to handle their own packages and ALWAYS charge full import duties. Packages that go through these companies don't go through regular Thai Customs

Quite often they will also charge a:

Handling fee

Daily Storage charge if they keep the package overnight or over the weekend

Insurance fee to protect the stored package

as well as anything else they can tack on! I don't know how they manage to do it, but every package that has been sent to me seems ALWAYS to arrive at their center on Friday afternoon...

I no longer deal with companies who insist on using these carriers. I ask that all shipments come via EMS or USPS.

Why am I not surprised. I would like to thank you for explaining to me that it is mostly the shipping company.

I called the number TobiasML had given me it was their number in Thailand and she was able to say no there was no package.

I then called my ex in Canada who sent it originally. She said no she had sent it in the mail and she was in Seattle for a couple of weeks taking care of her mother and would see if she had the receipt when she got home. It was my son who had said they sent it DHL.

I will now put that sender on block it worked on the Fed X I received have not received any more from them.

Thank you all for the information and add me to the list of people that say do not open any thing from Them, Fed X or UPS unless you are expecting a package from them. I told the ex to just mail anything mark personally on it value $15. I think that should do it.