Where to live with a baby

albhol

My home search is more difficult than I thought:

Wanted, is a small, neat, single storey house for long-term rent, in a quiet area with no car fumes, somewhere in Phuket.

Ideally, the house provides a pleasant feeling for my baby. I'm not interested in nightlife.

What "MuuBaan" or area is recommended?

GPS position data (Google Maps) are highly appreciated, even by PM.

Edited by albhol

My home search is more difficult than I thought:

Wanted, is a small, neat, single storey house for long-term rent, in a quiet area with no car fumes, somewhere in Phuket.

Ideally, the house provides a pleasant feeling for my baby. I'm not interested in nightlife.

What "MuuBaan" or area is recommended?

GPS position data (Google Maps) are highly appreciated, even by PM.

You might possibly have trouble with the request of no car fumes, good luck!!

I obviously don't know your full circumstances but it sounds like you are planning for when you arrive in

Phuket, if so I would strongly suggest you arrange to rent anything short term and when you get here

take some time to look around the island yourself. I think that may be the best and probably only way

you are going to find somewhere to your liking as taking on a long term rental on hearsay and the internet

is I would say asking for disappointment, not to mention possible loss of prepaid rent and/or deposit.

Good luck thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Lots available as has been said. What I would concentrate on is getting a place near to wherever you work or need to be a lot of the time. Traffic is horrendous and getting worse literally day by day. When I lived on Phuket, I lived in Neramit 1 near the Heroines monument. Cheap,8,000 to 12,000Baht per month, quiet and some very good neighbors. What became a problem for myself was the traffic as anything I wanted to do was quite a distance from there...

Already I stay here, but not familiar with Phuket. Attempt to locate the areas of interest via Google maps, then I go there and find a exclusive residential area or a poor house area, or...

There are so many areas or "muubaan", but where to begin and what omitted. Locally I'm flexible, so it just goes to my aforementioned criteria. Thanks!

I think you need to focus on an area that best meets the needs of the whole family, including of course the baby. Areas that are reasonably close to the type of shopping you do, schools, clinics, restaurants etc. I'm biased, but Chalong has probably the broadest range of housing on the island, with several secure estates with reasonable rents such as Land and House.

Unless you actually live on a main road, vehicle fumes are not a problem anywhere on the island.

No more than essential to, but for my special requirements I have to pay. Important to me is a fair price for long-term rent.

You know, people here are trying to help you. It really would help if you were to give some information to they (we) can do that.

• Like 1

sure i know a quiet 2 bedroom, 80sq meter , seaview , fully furnished on Patong Hill, 30k a month send a pm if you want..

You think that's a fair price? I don't.
how about your post another suggestion for her about a place to stay then haha.. Edited by LivinginKata
insult removed

sure i know a quiet 2 bedroom, 80sq meter , seaview , fully furnished on Patong Hill, 30k a month send a pm if you want..

how about your post another suggestion for her about a place to stay then haha..
OK, will do.

Loads of places in Chalong that are bigger than 80 metres for less than 15,000 Bt per month.

There. Happy now sprog?

how about your post another suggestion for her about a place to stay then haha..
OK, will do.

Loads of places in Chalong that are bigger than 80 metres for less than 15,000 Bt per month.

There. Happy now sprog?

Yes, and quiet without fumes as well.

The point is you can't compare without getting here on the ground and testing a few areas out. You might want peace and privacy but can't handle the isolation, or you'd like to have facilities but can't stand living near traffic. Suck it and see.

Thank you all for your kind suggestions in the meantime. In my post I did not mention a price, simply because this is secondary and follow the desired object, which should not be a luxury villa. For further understanding: Babies accommodation also means for me, that we can move around with the stroller into the closest surrounding area without having to worry about the smoke from the onrushing truck. I'll keep you up to date.