Freezing/disappearing Mouse

bonsaimax

The new windows XP 2006 v3 I have just installed has automatically updated the nVidia GeForce MX4000 driver. In doing so, it has caused the mouse pointer to disappear from the screen. After reducing the graphics acceleration settings, it has started to work fine except for graphics intensive games like GTA.

Will uninstalling the new driver and reinstalling the older version be a good idea. I'm afraid the old driver might not work well with the new OS installation.

Thanks.

Download and install the driver from the NVIDIA homepage: http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html

Never use drivers provided by Windows.

hi'

right!

use only drivers provided by the manufacturer, the only exception is for old lpt printers.

n'vidia latest release is 84.21 whql.

francois

ps; forgot to say, uninstall existing driver before to install the n'vidia one, and you may have to do it through control panel/hardware, your pc will ask for reboot after uninstall, reboot and on the reboot, there will be a window, "a new harware ..blabla", bypass this, cancel it, and then install the n'vidia driver you just downloaded, around 20mb (20.9mb)

then set your own settings, take care about your screen refreshing rate, check that

the checkbox "hide the refresh rate your monotor can't do" or similar and set it to the max possible, if you see in the list best performing settings, take this one :o

Edited by francois

thanks Wallalai & Francois. All's well now.

Except for when I try playing the new game I have just installed (The Godfather). Still invisible mouse pointer. I've read some of the forums and there seems to be some conflict with nVidia.