Swede called the embassy before committing suicide in Pattaya

webfact

If someone else was involved, then they would have had to be Swedish, so that narrows down the field a lot. It does seem strange that quite often here, people are found naked, after a suicide. Maybe it just goes with Pattaya.

Why Swedish? How many Thai partners of Swedish guys have spent significant time living in Sweden...allot would be my guess.

I am not a CSI detective, but suicides do not usually place plastic bags around their heads and tie a rope around it.

It is also possible he was forced to make a call?

yea normally use duct tape but when you have nothing else shoelaces will even do, maybe??

I am not a CSI detective, but suicides do not usually place plastic bags around their heads and tie a rope around it.

It is also possible he was forced to make a call?

Those that research the process do....

.....Google "Exit Bag".

Possible that he was forced to make a call, yes but very unlikely, signs of struggle?

Why force him to make a call, he would have spoken in Swedish, what Thai killer would have understood what was said, write a note would have been more controllable by your imaginary killer.

No you are not a CSI anything.

Clearly you are CSI detectiverolleyes.gif , what made you think there was a Thai there? What makes you think it was him who made the call and not someone else? Does Swedish embassy have xray phones or some secret technology? or perhaps you do?

Yes exit bag is the way, just like Thai Super model, not so long ago, first she ate a box full of sleeping pills, then woke up and shot herself in the head TWICE, i guess she wanted to make sure she did not miss her head the first time.

Apart from the fact that the police claim that this chap called the police station stating he was about to commit suicide (I assume that the Thai police speak very good English or Swedish), none of the other evidence looks like suicide at all. Much the same as all the other 'suicides' in Thailand.

I have it on good authority, namely the original post for this thread, that the Swedish man actually called his Swedish embassy and they called the police.

Perhaps, before trying to slag the police, you should have read the beginning of the topic eh?

I agree. The Thai police are the best in the world

Apart from the fact that the police claim that this chap called the police station stating he was about to commit suicide (I assume that the Thai police speak very good English or Swedish), none of the other evidence looks like suicide at all. Much the same as all the other 'suicides' in Thailand.

I have it on good authority, namely the original post for this thread, that the Swedish man actually called his Swedish embassy and they called the police.

Perhaps, before trying to slag the police, you should have read the beginning of the topic eh?

Stone me, this is hard work!

All I did was point out to you that you should have read the topic post correctly; nowhere did I praise the Thai police.

Just to help, try this, from the original post - Pattaya police received a call yesterday at 5pm from the Swedish embassy in Bangkok that a Swede in Pattaya had called the embassy to inform that he would commit a suicide in his apartment at Soi 15 Pattaya-Naklua road, Moo 5, Banglamung, Chonburi. Police rushed to the scene together with Sawangbaribun thamsathan rescue team in Pattaya.

So that buggers up your original comments I'm afraid.

Not to worry, no need to get our knickers in a twist - have a nice day.

• Like 1

Stone me, this is hard work!

All I did was point out to you that you should have read the topic post correctly; nowhere did I praise the Thai police.

Just to help, try this, from the original post - Pattaya police received a call yesterday at 5pm from the Swedish embassy in Bangkok that a Swede in Pattaya had called the embassy to inform that he would commit a suicide in his apartment at Soi 15 Pattaya-Naklua road, Moo 5, Banglamung, Chonburi. Police rushed to the scene together with Sawangbaribun thamsathan rescue team in Pattaya.

So that buggers up your original comments I'm afraid.

Not to worry, no need to get our knickers in a twist - have a nice day.

Yep, not getting you at all. Again?

I am surprised at the Swedish embassy if they in fact tried to get the Pattaya Police to stop him. I understand suicide is legal in Sweden and I can understand a person calling them to make it easier for others to tie up the loose ends after his death but it seems they may have acted beyond their remit in this case.

It is his decision to make and not that of others.

Cannot belive the bitching that is going on regarding this thread,, perhaps the swede felt the same way , but had had enough, perhaps all the recent jumpers had also, had enough of reading some of the dross comments on here, when things like this happen.

On another point though.

How long would it take to asphyxiate your self in a plastic bag .

How long from the time of call recieved by pattaya police did it take them to get there?

Dont they use radios to communicate with officers near the scene, rather than try to battle through the traffic, that must be at a peak at 5pm?

How long had he been dead? Could he not be revived if he had not long died.? Was any attempt made?.

Had he also done tablets along with the beer that was maybe drunk from the beer bottles in the box.

Suely these are more relevant questions to be made, rather than paranoically trying to cast more shadows about who the perpetrators may have been ?

Whatever his reasons, RIP to the guy.

people can suffer depression very easy and also hide their feelings of depression very easily http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23226524

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23259865

No word about the last phone call on the phone they found.

IMHO he was "helped" and someone phoned the Embassy from another location.

If.....just IF the Swedish Embassy was able the mobilize the BiB instantly, it'd probably took the 5 minutes to get to the scene of the supposed suicide and a few minutes of CPR would have been enough to bring some life back in to him.

OK....I know...speculations, but as all other posters are wondering........phone to the Embassy, being naked and pull a bag over your head and start your voyage to the other side. Weird!!

I am surprised at the Swedish embassy if they in fact tried to get the Pattaya Police to stop him. I understand suicide is legal in Sweden and I can understand a person calling them to make it easier for others to tie up the loose ends after his death but it seems they may have acted beyond their remit in this case.

It is his decision to make and not that of others.

AFAIK, suicide is illegal in Sweden.

If you kill your self you will be .............. dam_n.........whistling.gif

"She said he often walked around barefoot and once told her it was a kind of good foot massage – good for health."

Can anyone please tell me why this was included in the story?

What would it be that would cause both Ms. Nitjaikong, and the reporter here, to wish to make this known?

Did they, maybe for cultural reasons, think this was incredibly odd behavior of the suicide in question?

I found uncensored pics of the man on the web, don't want to link because he probably has relatives not happy about pictured him naked, and smiling Thais pointing at him. The author of that website also appears to be not quite right in the head, blaming leftist liberals for luring tourists to Thailand which is a death trap. Too much for the select TV community. I wonder how that website obtained the pics, and by whom? Anyway, that's an extremely poor accomodation where the Swede died, no furniture, a dirty blanket on the floor for a bed, rags for a drape on the window, size of the room about 12 sqm. The mobile looks like a Nokia from the nineties. If it was a murder, money wasn't the motive.