Is it possible to find a Condo for 4k THB in Bangkok ?

falangUK

Not one you'd want to stay in.

L.A. Tower has a pool etc. but is around 5,600b.

Of course like nearly all this is for a 6 month contract minimum, only one month stay is 10k.

So no, sorry, you'll be very hard pushed to find something.

• Like 1

Ratchaprop Tower has rooms from 4600 BUT you have to pay extra for the mattress & pillows, sofa, fridge and TV so price will go up to around 6600ish if you want all of those things.

4 month is the minimum contract I think though. It's difficult to find places with 1 month contracts and even more difficult to find cheap rooms with monthly contracts.

This guy did reviews of cheap month by month apartments in BKK here but all more pricey than 4k:

http://www.pokervip.com//blogs/a-farang-abroad-in-bangkok/getting-an-apartment-for-under-250-month-in-bangkok/

• Like 1

I don't think you will get much more than 30sqm for the price you are after. Another consideration is noise levels. Cheaper places attract more, and in my opinion, less considerate people.

Absolutely.

Your rental price also includes the types of neighbours you'll be living among.

6 Indians in a room together on one side, a peasant family with the kids playing football in the hall all day and night, grandma frying rancid fish entrails on the little balcony, Por drinking Lhao Khao before coming back every night to beat up a kid, the mother and aunt screaming over their hilarious Lakorn every night on the other side. Encles coming round to drink and gamble and hack eachother up with homemade machetes in the hall outside your door. Then multiply by 20 for just that floor.

No.

No, no, no, no, no.

Edited by Salapoo
  • Like 1

I think you'd be lucky to get 30sqm. A lot of the places at 10-13k aimed at tourists with English websites etc don't even have rooms that big.

A lot of them are as small as 23-24sqm. I couldn't believe how ridiculously small the rooms were for the price.

Maybe that's just dumb tourists getting ripped off though.

I know a couple but you won't get a room for only 1 month. They do 12month contracts.

Also forget about anything near a BTS and MRT stop. If you want a lower price like you mentioned then you miss out on location. Sometimes you can actually save money by staying in a good location and saving on travel costs. It just depends where you need to stay/life/work/play in BKK.

Thanks smileplur :), such a constructive and useful post :)

I will definitely report back.

If I may ask a couple of clarifying questions...

In the statement below, are you referring to an estate agent ? Or are there such people who would locate condos for a fee.

“Tell the man you will give him 20 baht for each apartment he shows you that is within the parameters of your search. Offer an additional amount if you find and move into an apartment. 300-500 baht should do the trick.”

oto

It is quite easy to find a reasonable apartment to live in for under 4,000 a month. I rent a two bedroom, two bath townhouse for 6,000 baht a month. Some people living in my area stay around the corner in rooms that are 2,500 - 3,0000 per month. This is in the On Nut area of Bangkok, but these cheap rooms exist all over the city. You should probably tell us where you want to be in the city; otherwise, you aren't likely to get any specific information. So, that answers your question. It is possible. They are located all over the city. Some of them are nicer than others, but I have no idea what your standards are.

As for the swimming pool, I pretty much think it is safe to say that having one is out of the question with the limited cash you are bringing to the table. If you really want to go swimming, you could use one of the many public facilities around the city. Some places will allow you to use their pool for a small. The aforementioned Ratchaparop Tower Mansion allows this. I believe the price was 60 baht for a day of lounging by the pool.

The biggest obstaclt you are going to encounter is the fact hat you only want it for one month. While you didn't state explicitly, your writing leads me to believe that you want to rent the room for the duration of only ONE month. That's a problem, as most will want a longer commitment. 1 year is the most common. 6 months is mentioned sometimes. However, when the duration of the rental contract gets smaller, the price becomes larger.

These places generally haven't got any kind of Internet presence, so you are only going to find them by hitting the pavement. Walking around searching for a room in Bangkok us less than ideal. A friend offered me this advice a long time ago which I find to be helpful. To find this mystery place, you must:

1) Choose a location. Bangkok is a massive city.

2) Go to the chosen destination

3) Make a deal with the devil ... Kidding of course ... You do have to make a deal. Tell the man you will give him 20 baht for each apartment he shows you that is within the parameters of your search. Offer an additional amount if you find and move into an apartment. 300-500 baht should do the trick.

So, get out there and hit the streets. Good luck to you! Please report back and let us know how you went about finding the room, what kind of rent you are paying, etc. All too often, people come to this forum, ask questions, get advice, and then fail to retun to update their thread. This becomes painfully evident when you attempt to use the search function.