Alliance between 2 anti-Yingluck groups now in tatters: Activist

webfact

I once saw a red shirt protestor kick a puppy in the street, while on the same day saw a yellow shirt aiding an injured bird on the side of the road. I know that two people don't absolutely prove anything about whole movements, but both are/were well-informed of their colour-coded politics and I don't think their personal views are completely independent of these affiliations.

Lame try. My point--if you could pry open your mind--was that their beliefs were informed by their 'parties'' ideologies. To carry through to your fictitious example, you would have to assert that these people's treatment of these animals were linked to their broader ideologies. I..e, you missed the point

And yours isn't fictitious? You just happen to have had a "yellow shirt" girlfriend, who happened to turn out to be a racist, once you got to know her better (which suggests that maybe you should have got to know her before making her your girlfriend), which just happens to support your oft spouted beliefs on this forum, re the whole PAD movement, while the one you replaced her with just happens to be a "red shirt", and is the sweetest, kindest girl in the whole world, and, while claiming not to be making any statement about how the behaviour of two random people doesn't absolutely prove anything about whole movements, then go ahead and do so. rolleyes.gif

Maybe I should mention that I also saw a group of red shirt people on a stage telling other people to turn the nation's capital into a sea of flames. I saw a group of red shirt people invade a hospital, burn down buildings, both in Bangkok and in the provinces, attempt to burn down the headquarters of a TV channel, while taking steps to prevent anyone in the building from escaping, comandeer a filled LPG tanker, drive it into a residential area and threaten to set it alight, and generally terrorise anyone who opposed them. I know that these people absolutely prove what the whole red movement is all about, even though the vast majority of their paid supporters are ill-informed of their colour-coded politics.

Edited by ballpoint
  • Like 2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Look closely at the photograph. Notice the headgear of one of the violent protestors? Hint - it is not worn by an elderly gentleman."...................

Wow ! Talk about desperately clutching at straws. I suppose if one of the protesters was wearing a t-shirt adorned with a swastika then the entire group would be labeled Nazis. At least the only thing being worn that is red is a small star on a cap. And I cannot see any fires, that's gotta be a plus.

I am merely pointing out the violent protestor publicly wearing the attire so many TVFers would call "commie gear".

If this was someone at a UDD rally we would be treated to all sorts of fanciful allegations and imaginary conspiracies. And yet, here at this collection of what appears to include some folks, who as the event progressed probably became overly vexed as they tried to find the nearest port a potty, these agitated people are considered to be kindly folks

The assumptions made strike me as a double standard. And therein lies the idiocy of those that read far more into the protests than is at work. No doubt some of these protestors feel aggrieved and are venting their frustration. The same thing happens at the UDD protests and even the PAD protests.

• Like 1

I once saw a red shirt protestor kick a puppy in the street, while on the same day saw a yellow shirt aiding an injured bird on the side of the road. I know that two people don't absolutely prove anything about whole movements, but both are/were well-informed of their colour-coded politics and I don't think their personal views are completely independent of these affiliations.

Lame try. My point--if you could pry open your mind--was that their beliefs were informed by their 'parties'' ideologies. To carry through to your fictitious example, you would have to assert that these people's treatment of these animals were linked to their broader ideologies. I..e, you missed the point. As for getting to know the ex better... funny, the topic of Cambodia hadn't come up previously. You've talked to your partner about it?

And yours isn't fictitious? You just happen to have had a "yellow shirt" girlfriend, who happened to turn out to be a racist, once you got to know her better (which suggests that maybe you should have got to know her before making her your girlfriend), which just happens to support your oft spouted beliefs on this forum, re the whole PAD movement, while the one you replaced her with just happens to be a "red shirt", and is the sweetest, kindest girl in the whole world, and, while claiming not to be making any statement about how the behaviour of two random people doesn't absolutely prove anything about whole movements, then go ahead and do so. rolleyes.gif

Maybe I should mention that I also saw a group of red shirt people on a stage telling other people to turn the nation's capital into a sea of flames. I saw a group of red shirt people invade a hospital, burn down buildings, both in Bangkok and in the provinces, attempt to burn down the headquarters of a TV channel, while taking steps to prevent anyone in the building from escaping, comandeer a filled LPG tanker, drive it into a residential area and threaten to set it alight, and generally terrorise anyone who opposed them. I know that these people absolutely prove what the whole red movement is all about, even though the vast majority of their paid supporters are ill-informed of their colour-coded politics.

Nope, my example was not fictitious. What makes you think it was? I think you're reading a lot between the lines that is not simply there. What "oft spouted beliefs" are you referring to? ps. I never said that the lady from Udon was racist. That's your inference. She was an ultra-nationalist. There's a difference. Finally, you question how well I knew the ex. Funny thing... We'd never talked about Preah Vihear before. Have you discussed it with your partner?

Edited by Docno

As much as people here like to slam PTP, Yingluck, Thaksin, and the Red Shirts, you have to remember that there are some nasty ultra-nationalist and fascistic elements among the current opposition (Yellows, etc.). Would be curious to know more about the ideologies of these groups. A few years back, I 'moved on' from a relationship with a woman from Udon after she went on a vicious rant about Cambodia and the Preah Vihear issue. She was a self-professed 'Yellow Shirt", was university educated, had a good job, and was otherwise very sane and normal. But she said things like Thailand should take the territory by force and basically that all Cambodians should be wiped from the face of the planet (in her mind, the atrocities of the Khmer Rouge were proof that the whole nation did not deserve to exist). Well, I've had a Red Shirt gf for the past three years (not a conscious choice - just worked out that way), and when I took her to Cambodia she fell in love with the place and got along wonderfully with the Khmer. I know that two people don't absolutely prove anything about whole movements, but both are/were well-informed of their colour-coded politics and I don't think their personal views are completely independent of these affiliations. Flame away...

So how does your red g/f feel about Cambodian politics? Warm and fuzzy knowing the strong man is in charge?

Does she express any thoughts about the hundreds of billions of baht "missing" in the rice scam, or about where that money has gone?

She's never expressed an opinion about Cambodian politics, Hun Sen, etc. That's not the thing. She simply had the openness-of-mind to enjoy her visit to Cambodia and her interactions with Khmer people (I only know 'regular' people there, not any politicians). One thing I forgot to mention about my Yellow ex. Once we went to Phimai to see the Khmer ruins there. She denied that they were Khmer... said there is no proof of this and that the temples may have very well been built by Thai people. I've since come across other Thais who believe the same thing. Blind nationalism that does seem to be more strongly associated with the 'yellow' side.

As for corruption, my gf is of the view that all politicians are corrupt ... she said something like "all of them eat cake, but at least Thaksin also gave some cake to the poor". Can't recall her precise words. But she does feel that the lot of the working poor improved under Thaksin... at least that was her family's experience. Your mileage may differ... [Remember, for a lot of poor people outside of Bangkok, Thaksin was the first leader to actually recognise them and their needs ... whatever his real motives may have been].

Perhaps I should have asked her education level. My g/f is also red orientated due to her far NE origins, but is at least intelligent enough to feel embarrassed and the monkey-like antics of PTP, Chalerm, etc.

She also clings to the view that Thaksin was some sort of benefactor, despite his smoke-and-mirrors, largely empty policies intended to buy votes with other people's money, and sees this as more important than his large-scale thefts. I suppose we were brought up with a different morality, but the strange thing is that when theft was personal, she reacts with over-the-top anger.

Maybe they both fail to recognise that taxpayer's funds belong to them.

All would realise it if they had to fill out tax returns, even if it meant zero tax to pay.

"Look closely at the photograph. Notice the headgear of one of the violent protestors? Hint - it is not worn by an elderly gentleman."...................

Wow ! Talk about desperately clutching at straws. I suppose if one of the protesters was wearing a t-shirt adorned with a swastika then the entire group would be labeled Nazis. At least the only thing being worn that is red is a small star on a cap. And I cannot see any fires, that's gotta be a plus.

I am merely pointing out the violent protestor publicly wearing the attire so many TVFers would call "commie gear".

If this was someone at a UDD rally we would be treated to all sorts of fanciful allegations and imaginary conspiracies. And yet, here at this collection of what appears to include some folks, who as the event progressed probably became overly vexed as they tried to find the nearest port a potty, these agitated people are considered to be kindly folks

The assumptions made strike me as a double standard. And therein lies the idiocy of those that read far more into the protests than is at work. No doubt some of these protestors feel aggrieved and are venting their frustration. The same thing happens at the UDD protests and even the PAD protests.

The "violent protester" appears to be a girl, and that thing in her hand is a camera - nowhere near as lethal as a some of things red shirts are regularly pictured carrying.

Should we comment on the guy in the flat cap, looks to be one of those reactionary golf club types, or the aging rat-packer in fedora and shades?

And, god help us, is that blue thing terry-towelling. Quick, call the fashion police before she starts a trend dragging us all down to mediocrity!

• Like 1

Power and the need always to be boss ?

HE was deeply offended when the other group refused to get involved in a confrontation and insisted on their peaceful rally.

Thailand has a lot to look forward to as " leaders " at all levels just need a sniff of authority and their off.

This simply underlines the "me, me, me" attitude of anyone who seeks to be a leader of anything here. It also reflects the need for external recognition as 'the one calling the shots'.

I recall seeing an owner of a small teaching school giving a farang a good 'dressing down' in the public area close to the school. There was no requirement for her to display this in public, but it obviously made her feel good. As one who has lectured in Human Resource Development, I don't care what anyone has done, any rebuke should be delivered behind closed doors.

However, such things can't be dealt with in such a way in Thailand, as there are far too many other wheeling and dealing matters going on behind closed doors, so all the space is already taken...!

Well what you sat siunds good

but

"I have asked for their help [Dharmatippatai] when we clashed with the police, but they did not come to our aid. They insisted on their peaceful rally at Sanam Luang,"

Just dosen't fit in with it.

It is indeed when anti government groups are ready to sink to the level of the red shirts.

"to prevent Ms. Yingluck from entering the compound."

How far is that from demonstrations with violence?

• Like 1

Interesting photograph.

Where are all the people who scream about commie conspiracies and commies in the government?

Look closely at the photograph. Notice the headgear of one of the violent protestors? Hint - it is not worn by an elderly gentleman.

One girl(?) wears a hat and it's a commie conspiracy? Better to notice the average age of the shown group - people old enough to recognise criminality, and with enough morals to stand up and voice their objection.

Which makes me wonder about you.

BTW quite nicely dressed, hardly "tatters".

I thought he was talking about the lady with a bow in her hair.

Some times he has the strangest reasons. I just can't grasp them.

Kind of extreme examples but yes I agree peoples personal views be they honestly achieved or the result of false propaganda do indeed reflect the people they affiliate with.

Here was a case of one group wanting to press their view in a physical way and another group wanting to express their view in a peaceful way and as the article pointed out it caused them to separate.

I am quite sure both sides want the same thing the downfall of the PTP (short version of Shinawatra dynasty) but one wants it done peacefully where the other well they admittedly intended to use physical force In their attempt to stop the Defense Minister from doing her job.

Don't get me wrong I highly doubt she is any more capable of being the Minister of Defense than she is the of being the Prime Minister.

• Like 1

As much as people here like to slam PTP, Yingluck, Thaksin, and the Red Shirts, you have to remember that there are some nasty ultra-nationalist and fascistic elements among the current opposition (Yellows, etc.). Would be curious to know more about the ideologies of these groups. A few years back, I 'moved on' from a relationship with a woman from Udon after she went on a vicious rant about Cambodia and the Preah Vihear issue. She was a self-professed 'Yellow Shirt", was university educated, had a good job, and was otherwise very sane and normal. But she said things like Thailand should take the territory by force and basically that all Cambodians should be wiped from the face of the planet (in her mind, the atrocities of the Khmer Rouge were proof that the whole nation did not deserve to exist). Well, I've had a Red Shirt gf for the past three years (not a conscious choice - just worked out that way), and when I took her to Cambodia she fell in love with the place and got along wonderfully with the Khmer. I know that two people don't absolutely prove anything about whole movements, but both are/were well-informed of their colour-coded politics and I don't think their personal views are completely independent of these affiliations. Flame away...

So how does your red g/f feel about Cambodian politics? Warm and fuzzy knowing the strong man is in charge?

Does she express any thoughts about the hundreds of billions of baht "missing" in the rice scam, or about where that money has gone?

She's never expressed an opinion about Cambodian politics, Hun Sen, etc. That's not the thing. She simply had the openness-of-mind to enjoy her visit to Cambodia and her interactions with Khmer people (I only know 'regular' people there, not any politicians). One thing I forgot to mention about my Yellow ex. Once we went to Phimai to see the Khmer ruins there. She denied that they were Khmer... said there is no proof of this and that the temples may have very well been built by Thai people. I've since come across other Thais who believe the same thing. Blind nationalism that does seem to be more strongly associated with the 'yellow' side.

As for corruption, my gf is of the view that all politicians are corrupt ... she said something like "all of them eat cake, but at least Thaksin also gave some cake to the poor". Can't recall her precise words. But she does feel that the lot of the working poor improved under Thaksin... at least that was her family's experience. Your mileage may differ... [Remember, for a lot of poor people outside of Bangkok, Thaksin was the first leader to actually recognise them and their needs ... whatever his real motives may have been].

That simply is why this man is a god in Thailand. Before him Dems promised the world and gave Jack Sh1t. Its not difficult

I was not here but I was led to believe that he came along and gave them low interest loans to pay off the loan sharks. The result was they had more bills but new motor bikes and mobile phones. If he did so much for them where is it now.

Did the following two ligtament government both Thaksin controlled take it away from them If the Army did why did not the next Thaksin controlled governments give it back. If it was always there and the Dems took it away why has the present Thaksin controlled government not given it back.

I was here for the 2010 failed coup attempt and not once did I hear any thing about give us back this or that thing that supposedly Thaksin had given them.

The whole thing was underwritten by Thaksin and while he is not that bright he is smart enough to know that the Dems were in power legally. They had been elected the same way he had by a vote of the Parliamentarians.

Some times I swear being a red shirt you have to be standing with your feet firmly placed in mid air.

Has any one ever heard a red shirt say they broke the law and it was OK to invade hospitals?

Did I not read not long back that the reds had also split into factions with one lot refusing to support another?

One lot, if I remember correctly decrying the violence against the white masks in Chaing Mai.

Then there is the refusal to hold an election for a leader, in case they get the wrong person elected.

Don't remember any of the protest groups who have come out against this Govt ever claiming to be part of a cohesive whole organization, they have all done their own thing.

Meaning there is no overall leader of the protest groups.

So a difference of opinion among these groups is surely not unexpected.

Oh, and try to get it through your little red heads that yellow is a thing of the past, like does not exist any more.

Hard to believe there are actually people out there who support this immoral pack of thieves. Who support a criminal dictator wanted in his own country on a string of criminal charges who still controls the government, against all the laws, from his middle east haven. A despot who bought the support of the poor with their own money, as he did with the taxi drivers in Bangkok, offering cheap loans to win their votes and support.

My wife is from a rice farming background, from Surin, and has always been a Thaksin supporter. Nowadays she says the present government is taking back all that Thaksin gave the people and there are a lot of ground level PTP supporters who think they are even worse than the Democrats, especially since the rice pledge disaster.

The misguided rednecks out there who love to point out faults in the White Mask group and all those who are anti-PTP really should have a good look at the internal affairs of the red shirt terrorist group. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Granted, fact is that I'm definitely NOT Thai, wasn't born in this country and never grew up here. However I had a very long association with this country and has been for the last two years living here. Aside from Thailand's Royal Excellencies the honorable Kings Rhama 5 and Rhama 9 this country has never EVER had a better Leader than Mr. Traksin and THIS fact you can take to the Bank okay. He was the individual who really cared for his country AND its people.

The current honorable Madam Prime Minister in not at all over shadowed by anything of the past implemented by he Brother during his time of govern. She's second to NONE with regards to any previous democratically elected Leader and does an EXCELLENT job governing this country. Like Mr. Traksin she TOO really cares for absolutely ALL the Thai people. Her economy knowledge is astonishing and her economic control systems are among the BEST worldwide.

So please take heed of this and tread VERY light in your conduct regarding your current leadership all you Thai people. Honor and respect your Madam Prime Minister and give her ALL the support that you can. This is the absolute ONLY way that you could EVER save this beautiful country of yours.

Granted, fact is that I'm definitely NOT Thai, wasn't born in this country and never grew up here. However I had a very long association with this country and has been for the last two years living here. Aside from Thailand's Royal Excellencies the honorable Kings Rhama 5 and Rhama 9 this country has never EVER had a better Leader than Mr. Traksin and THIS fact you can take to the Bank okay. He was the individual who really cared for his country AND its people.

The current honorable Madam Prime Minister in not at all over shadowed by anything of the past implemented by he Brother during his time of govern. She's second to NONE with regards to any previous democratically elected Leader and does an EXCELLENT job governing this country. Like Mr. Traksin she TOO really cares for absolutely ALL the Thai people. Her economy knowledge is astonishing and her economic control systems are among the BEST worldwide.

So please take heed of this and tread VERY light in your conduct regarding your current leadership all you Thai people. Honor and respect your Madam Prime Minister and give her ALL the support that you can. This is the absolute ONLY way that you could EVER save this beautiful country of yours.

<deleted>!

• Like 1

Ah a know-all of two years' residence.

Secondly, you are out of order in comparing Thaksin with any of the Thai monarchs. Yes I know, Thaksin had & has sights on absolute rule but he's not there yet & I doubt if he will ever get there.

You obviously have had no experience of Thaksin as PM (directly that is). He doesn't give a sh*t about the country only himself, his clan & his cronies. You seem unaware that he appointed his sister as party chief and that everything that his sister does is controlled by big brother.

I can't be bothered in replying to the rest of your senseless post as I suspect that you are trolling.

• Like 1

Secondly, you are out of order in comparing Thaksin with any of the Thai monarchs. Yes I know, Thaksin had & has sights on absolute rule but he's not there yet & I doubt if he will ever get there.

You obviously have had no experience of Thaksin as PM (directly that is). He doesn't give a sh*t about the country only himself, his clan & his cronies. You seem unaware that he appointed his sister as party chief and that everything that his sister does is controlled by big brother.

I can't be bothered in replying to the rest of your senseless post as I suspect that you are trolling.

Is Mr 'Traksin' a halfway house between Thaksin and King Taksin?
  • Like 1

You presume that a whole lot of Thai Vista people would call a little red star on the top of a hat commie gear. Be interesting to hear your observation on a hat with a Russian flag on it.

To be honest GK I think you are probably the only one on this thread that would say he was wearing commie gear.

As for the violence maybe you should read the article they were trying to physically stop the Minister of Defense from getting into the building. Just curious but why would you even bother posting on this if that was all you saw a little red star.

If I ever find out what he is on I will go miles out of my way to avoid it.

He just goes on and on about how great they are and not a word about any of these great things they supposedly have done.

Did I not read not long back that the reds had also split into factions with one lot refusing to support another?

One lot, if I remember correctly decrying the violence against the white masks in Chaing Mai.

Then there is the refusal to hold an election for a leader, in case they get the wrong person elected.

Don't remember any of the protest groups who have come out against this Govt ever claiming to be part of a cohesive whole organization, they have all done their own thing.

Oh, and try to get it through your little red heads that yellow is a thing of the past, like does not exist any more.

I would suggest then to have a talk with the yellow shirt guards presently at Sanam Luang, if they still exist or not, and who makes up the majority of the white mask protesters both in Bangkok and in the provinces. I would also suggest to talk with members of the many yellow sub groups over their political ideologies, and their many (failed) attempts to form a unified front against the present government. Analyze the failures of Siam Sammakhi and Pitak Siam, which were both attempts to form a similar alliance as in 2006 and 2008 then under the PAD banner.

The main differences in the Red Shirts are personal issues, such as the Kwanchai - Tida conflict, or tactical issues, such as the main UDD leaders not supporting any violent attacks by Red Shirts against White Mask protesters such as the recent one in Chiangmai, and between the UDD and certain free Red Shirt groups, which can be classified as Daeng Dta Sawang, whose political ideologies are more radical than what the UDD proposes but who are numerically much smaller as the main UDD.

Any whatsoever intellectual comment here on this would MOST surely prove to be futile cause from absolute ALL the responses I read here so far there's but mostly FOUR sensible commentaries shared. O M G, what's happening to our world at large. So many idiots reigning earth its actually frightening you know.

A protest or political party only holds together if it has a clear idea and feeling to unite people. Then the leaders must be willing to sacrifice themselves to the greater vision.

The leaders of all of these parties and protests have leaders who are in it for different reasons and often personal gain or vanity. Thus, they splutter and die.

The reason the pad prevailed was that they managed to create and further the impression that they were genuinely acting for the country. But they had a media genius in sondhi to manage the message and even he nearly put his foot in it a few times.

Edited by Thai at Heart

(snipped for brevity)

Mr. Traksin was still a bit unknown in politics - one of several newly rich businessmen who made a fortune in the liberalization of the telecom sector.

More prove that you're illiterate.

Perhaps I am also illiterate, and definitely not intellectual, but could you explain how Thaksin's AIS mobile phone monopoly, while definitely making his fortune, could ever be considered a "liberalization" (sic) of the telecom sector, as monopolies making obscene profits are rarely seen that way.

Your answer is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalization (note: no 'sic' is needed - more people on the planet spell it that way than with an 's'). Particularly note the following: "Liberalized and privatized public services may be dominated by just a few big companies particularly in sectors with high capital costs, or high such as water, gas and electricity. In some cases they may remain legal monopoly at least for some part of the market (e.g. small consumers)."

Hence, liberalization refers to government deregulation (and, often, privatization). There you go....

(snipped for brevity)

Mr. Traksin was still a bit unknown in politics - one of several newly rich businessmen who made a fortune in the liberalization of the telecom sector.

More prove that you're illiterate.

Perhaps I am also illiterate, and definitely not intellectual, but could you explain how Thaksin's AIS mobile phone monopoly, while definitely making his fortune, could ever be considered a "liberalization" (sic) of the telecom sector, as monopolies making obscene profits are rarely seen that way.

Your answer is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalization (note: no 'sic' is needed - more people on the planet spell it that way than with an 's'). Particularly note the following: "Liberalized and privatized public services may be dominated by just a few big companies particularly in sectors with high capital costs, or high such as water, gas and electricity. In some cases they may remain legal monopoly at least for some part of the market (e.g. small consumers)."

Hence, liberalization refers to government deregulation (and, often, privatization). There you go....

Completely ignoring that other countries SOLD their mobile spectrum rights.

I wonder how many countries would give their spectrum away to middle ranked copper running a small and very dodgy computer business based on a corrupt contract issued by his father-in-law. And of course, the value of the "gifted" concession allowed him to attract investors, and the monopoly rights allowed him to over-charge while keeping competitors out.

That may fit your definition of liberalisation, not mine.

Edited by OzMick