Thaksin's plan to return to Thailand suffers setback

webfact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point. I was here for

That one, and everybody was so peaceful and happy to get rid of him.

Does anyone, especially Thaksin, honestly believe his return will bring peace, reconciliation and prosperity to Thailand?

Perhaps his straight-jacket needs adjusting

How dare you threaten a poster; thailand is corrupt period. An illegal coup ousted Thaksin and the coup was in control of the Thai justice system period, so your statement in regards to convicted in the Thai court of law has no standing.

ok my little red shirted fellow....allow me to pose this legal question then...if one assumes the "coup" goverment had control over the Thai justice system during the period in question, one must assume the current goverment is in control of the current Thai justice system, and if so how come said justice system has not over turned, your knight in shining armours's conviction as being an 'illegal" conviction ?...if it is really that easy to control the thai legal system as you infer...the faithful that is the PTP with the gentlemans sister in "power" should very easy to get this conviction to disappear....yet they cant

so can we assume the Thai legal system is not easily controlled by those in power, and in terms of the current laws what you hero did was in fact illegal and the conviction is therefore just one ?

In simplied terms you may be able to understand....Our man in Dubai is as guilty as sin and if he really beleived he was innocent he would stayed in Thailand and fought the conviction ,instead he did a runner, and typically when someone does a runner, they are usually confirming for all the world to see that they are guilty..

There is always two side to a coin; where you seem to have a two headed coin. There are so many that an ousted primer from a coup and please stop being so naïve, he was ousted because he was making change, where Thailand is riddled with corruption; this includes the justice system - check the Bangkok post they have written many articles about the corrupt Thai justice system. Therefore, for you to hind behind a blanket of knowing Thailand is corrupt but blasts the Thai justice system has preformed their duty; it can only be construed as an hypocritical approach. Even in the western world there is a vast amount of political corruption and influenced justice system; this is how the world works. As for the fact that the people voted in the reds; this did not change the current corrupt justice system. When a country is run or there is a constant threat of coups, then obviously any body who poses a threat will be ousted and made a political scape goat; this is the word history believe it or not. You are also very aware that it was the common people mostly out of city folk who voted the reds, and of course you know this did not change the justice system. Therefore you are protesting for a change from a corrupt yellow society that is actually running the country - I believe Obama has the same problem. Obviously you have your view and I will have mine.

How dare you threaten a poster; thailand is corrupt period. An illegal coup ousted Thaksin and the coup was in control of the Thai justice system period, so your statement in regards to convicted in the Thai court of law has no standing.

ok my little red shirted fellow....allow me to pose this legal question then...if one assumes the "coup" goverment had control over the Thai justice system during the period in question, one must assume the current goverment is in control of the current Thai justice system, and if so how come said justice system has not over turned, your knight in shining armours's conviction as being an 'illegal" conviction ?...if it is really that easy to control the thai legal system as you infer...the faithful that is the PTP with the gentlemans sister in "power" should very easy to get this conviction to disappear....yet they cant

so can we assume the Thai legal system is not easily controlled by those in power, and in terms of the current laws what you hero did was in fact illegal and the conviction is therefore just one ?

In simplied terms you may be able to understand....Our man in Dubai is as guilty as sin and if he really beleived he was innocent he would stayed in Thailand and fought the conviction ,instead he did a runner, and typically when someone does a runner, they are usually confirming for all the world to see that they are guilty..

There is always two side to a coin; where you seem to have a two headed coin. There are so many that an ousted primer from a coup and please stop being so naïve, he was ousted because he was making change, where Thailand is riddled with corruption; this includes the justice system - check the Bangkok post they have written many articles about the corrupt Thai justice system. Therefore, for you to hind behind a blanket of knowing Thailand is corrupt but blasts the Thai justice system has preformed their duty; it can only be construed as an hypocritical approach. Even in the western world there is a vast amount of political corruption and influenced justice system; this is how the world works. As for the fact that the people voted in the reds; this did not change the current corrupt justice system. When a country is run or there is a constant threat of coups, then obviously any body who poses a threat will be ousted and made a political scape goat; this is the word history believe it or not. You are also very aware that it was the common people mostly out of city folk who voted the reds, and of course you know this did not change the justice system. Therefore you are protesting for a change from a corrupt yellow society that is actually running the country - I believe Obama has the same problem. Obviously you have your view and I will have mine.
Lets forget that PTP, ie Thaksin, are in control and perpetuating the corruption policies.

The military have only ever stepped in to save Thailand from itself, ie the government.

If you want a lesson in democracy, look at the facts surrounding the Democrat rule post-coup. Democracy in action, not a 'how much do you want?'

Lets blame the yellows every time, when it's the reds who are the school children running around grabbing everything they can get.

Yes - the yellows are maybe corrupt, but they're a bit more subtle about it and don't hang the country out to dry.

Any ideas how Thailand should address issues?

I know, usual cop-out, "it's their problem, not forum members" + "this is what the electorate voted for"

Humblest etc.

Yesterday I heard an interesting reason as to how Yuttasak and Thaksin's conversation leaked to the media. Apparently a reporter phoned Yuttasak as he was talking to Thaksin and he forgot to turn off the phone after talking to the reporter, hence giving the Thai public full exposure to Thaksin's plans to return to Thailand a free man.This would also explain why Yuttasak's voice is louder in the clip.

If this is true, how Thaksin must be cursing Yuttasak now, and thank you Pra Siam Thewathirath , the spirit that protects Thailand, for helping the nation once again in times of crisis.

If we assume that Thaksin's policies are the best for Thailand

If we also accept that Thaksin is actually acting as leader of the government, why is there any need for him to physically be in Thailand?

I am led to believe that the door to Thailand is always open to Thaksin. His comments about being unable to return to the country of his upbringing seems to fly in the face of the facts - as far as I understand.

So his failure to return is down to vanity - his desire to display his ability to escape justice is obviously far more important.

Just a point - is jumping bail a crime in itself, or is it discarded if someone is found 'not guilty' of the original crime?

Either way, the red apologists should be happy that Thailand is being governed with the correct policies - a reflection of what the electorate wants.