Caught with cannabis

Benni81

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cannabis is a street drug. like all street drugs it has additives to keep the fiend coming back. Its a bad one as it makes you a full on retard for upto 3 days afterwards and messes up your eyes so you are unnatractive and unable to work in a customer facing position.

Funniest post I've read in while...

I am not sure Dimensio works in a customer facing position.....

• Like 1

its not that complicated.

thailand is completely corrupt, you can pay your way through almost any crime,

just get mom & paps to western union you the money for it and use a thai student to translate and get your way up to the top.

I'd reccomend some bullshit about wanting to speak to the person personally so you can explain your academic situation ( e.g. hoping to become a med student)

cannabis is a street drug. like all street drugs it has additives to keep the fiend coming back. Its a bad one as it makes you a full on retard for upto 3 days afterwards and messes up your eyes so you are unnatractive and unable to work in a customer facing position.

cheesy.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Hey I'm still here and I'm waiting for my trail& after visits at the court house. Not sure what is happening. But I couldn't pay my way out like everyone thinks here on the forum. You guys think its just taking some money and just hand them to the police chief. You think wrong. Not that easy. And for all the haters, don't bother to write cuz it's just bullshit. But thanks to the rest. I probl get deported when all this is finished, I think it's just a miner crime nothing to crazy. See what happens after a months time . I will keep it posted here.

did you get a lawyer yet?

The thing is that in Thailand the punishment is disproportionate to the crime and the spectre of it being an imprisonment offence is a total anathema to most West Europeans. In England using hash has virtually become a rap on the knuckles job by the police. It is now a paltry offence to use, although dealing is not.

By contradiction, it's use seems widespread in LOS and although the circle of my existence here does not bring me into contact with 'smokers,' I did once have a close run thing, the memory of which sends shivers down my spine.

I am often in the habit of drifting into the Bkk. Soi 7 Beer Garden for a couple of lunchtime drinks and a read of my newspaper. I find the little girlies there convivial, charming and helpful, although only in a social sense. They fetch my paper, my beer and the rest of my shopping usually in return for a meal in the fish complex opposite. Usually a few gather and I just listen and watch and pay.

One day it was one girl's birthday and they (about six of them) wanted to 'party' and asked if they could do so in my apartment as "ours are too small." It was ok for me and I provided the beer (naturally) and some music as that was all that was needed. Or so I thought.

Next thing the windows were all opened up. the air-con turned up high and old newspapers were tucked under the door.

My apartment soon became a smoke-filled den of illegality and I realised just exactly why they had wanted to use my place.

With a few beers inside me, I meekly let it all hang out, although not touching the stuff myself.

When they all soon left I had a late afternoon siesta. The lingering smell quickly infiltrated my nostrils when I awoke and the realisation of what had happened slowly dawned upon me.

If, and it's not too big an if the fumes had infiltrated the corridor. If, and it's not too big an if it had been reported then I would have taken the rap full on.

Reading this thread has reminded me of this experience and of the possible and horrible consequences for me should the my indiscretions have been exposed.

Good luck OP, but it seems that you have a lot of fellow 'sinners' in LOS and that the Draconian punishments on offer fail to deter.

Paranoia laugh.png

just get mom & paps to western union you the money for it and use a thai student to translate and get your way up to the top.

I'd reccomend some bullshit about wanting to speak to the person personally so you can explain your academic situation ( e.g. hoping to become a med student)

cheesy.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Demensio.. facepalm.gifcheesy.gif

Hey I'm still here and I'm waiting for my trail& after visits at the court house. Not sure what is happening. But I couldn't pay my way out like everyone thinks here on the forum. You guys think its just taking some money and just hand them to the police chief. You think wrong. Not that easy. And for all the haters, don't bother to write cuz it's just bullshit. But thanks to the rest. I probl get deported when all this is finished, I think it's just a miner crime nothing to crazy. See what happens after a months time . I will keep it posted here.

good luck with your case. I am interested to hear the end result so please post. I looked at the other topic suggested by the moderator but due to the vile, heated and disruptive posts it was locked before a conclusion was reached.

Edited by waza

^^^^ following on from the concerned citizen I felt compelled to post this, apparently these crazed fiends have been reading this thread and are now headed off to a neighbouring country.

Taken yesterday on the expressway outside swampy.

post-39258-0-55157500-1374490961_thumb.j

• Like 1

good luck with your case. I am interested to hear the end result so please post. I looked at the other topic suggested by the moderator but due to the vile, heated and disruptive posts it was locked before a conclusion was reached.

Little off topic but somewhat related.

2 cases of guys being caught for DUI

One was a guest of mine on 30 day stamp, after paying the fine, passport was given back and no consequences at all, he did not use lawyers or anything.

The other case, i believe was here on TV, guy had Non B visa, did use a lawyer etc. He had to spent further 25K to keep his visa, as it was going to be cancelled and he was going to get deported.

May be if one does not raise the issue of visa, it does not even reach immigration, but if it does, i guess according to case 2, it is still possible not to be kicked out

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My son has a history of drug abuse in the old country, wanted to come visit me in Thailand, I told him not to come. As he seems unable to change his life and turn it around after all these years.

That the price one has to pay for breaking drug laws are high in Thailand and all of SE Asia.

For all the TV members that advocate paying a bribe to get out of legal problems, when all I hear from most complain how the rule of law is not enforced here in Thailand, people like these members is why a lot of expats become targets for never ending BIB corruption.

I love my son dearly, everyone is entitled to make a mistake (not learning from that mistake was his decision) I helped him all I could with his first mistake, I made it clear to him that help was for the first mistake if he did not learn his lesson then "he is on his own". His brothers and sister have a great life those are the ones that deserve any help I could give.

To the OP, if you do the crime you must be prepared to do the time!

That being said I wish you luck in dealing with your problems!

Cheers:smile.png

Good luck with your son addiction, but: No victim, no crime. I understand the way laws are here but, please, stop criminalizing the users. Victimless crime is not a crime.

To the OP, get a good lawyer now and best of luck mate. I still don't understand why were you carrying the ganja around. The few times I smoked here I bought from close friends, never carry it, never smoke outside home etc Need to be very careful and paranoid when you willing to take the risk with those crazy laws.

Edited by nami

Serendipitously, I was recently sent this sobering message from a concerned friend and I feel morally obligated to share it:

ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1374490530.502241.jpg

I assume the man in the picture lost his job, at least in part, because the drug made him unattractive and unable to work in a customer facing position.

That poster reminds me of the old scaremonger movie from the 60's, "Reefer Madness." Seriously, getting AIDS from sharing used marijuana? Have never heard of that one. But that's probably how Mr. Dimensio thinks.

Edited by Berkshire
  • Like 1

Have you ever seen them in here? If yes please say where to buy.

Like the other poster said about his friend, I stopped because with all the worries about smell it was not relaxing at all. And didn't see any vap here.

Well this was a couple of years back in Pattaya and may not be true now.

On a related note the guy next door to me sits out the front and smokes reefers and stinks up the whole street.

He doesn't seem to worry about the police and getting caught.

I have warned him that he is setting himself up for trouble but he continues to do it.

Some people like to learn the hard way.

You are now in OZ ? Might be that they are also more liberal there now.

If in Thailand that is just crazy, the friend that i talk about stopped smoking as he got paranoid about the police and people catching the smell of his smoking. He said it did not make for a relaxing smoke having to worry so much so he stopped.

He should have got a vaporiser no smell no smoke easy peasythumbsup.gif

Serendipitously, I was recently sent this sobering message from a concerned friend and I feel morally obligated to share it:

ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1374490530.502241.jpg

I assume the man in the picture lost his job, at least in part, because the drug made him unattractive and unable to work in a customer facing position.

Reefer Madness. Run for the hills!

A hefty fine and deportation.

The fine could be any amount and not able to pay or buy himself out, will result in a long stay at a Thai stink hole prison, where even the rats and flies avoid due to the extreme foul hygiene conditions.

Whatever, the OP`s days are numbered in Thailand or maybe turned into a living hell.

Hope he has a bottomless pit of cash at hand and a darned good lawyer who won`t be cheap?

bullshit.

you are a hysterical old woman.

there is a 90 percent chance he merely gets fined.

The fine could be any amount and not able to pay or buy himself out, will result in a long stay at a Thai stink hole prison, where even the rats and flies avoid due to the extreme foul hygiene conditions.

Whatever, the OP`s days are numbered in Thailand or maybe turned into a living hell.

Hope he has a bottomless pit of cash at hand and a darned good lawyer who won`t be cheap?

bullshit.

Yes, it's just downright depressing that people can be so thoroughly brainwashed by government propaganda. Beetlejuice, If you are sincere about what you're saying, that is <deleted>' scary. I hope you're a rare breed when it come to the topic of suitable punishment for smoking a plant (and doesn't directly harm anyone). Sorry to say it, but if you're not taking the p*ss here, you were the kind that quickly got behind Hitler and ran to join his followers or army (because gov't propaganda told you to).

I would love to know why you think people who get caught with a bit of personal weed should be treated like a murder. Just what is it they're doing that harms your life and/or values so much?

bullshit.

Yes, it's just downright depressing that people can be so thoroughly brainwashed by government propaganda. Beetlejuice, If you are sincere about what you're saying, that is <deleted>' scary. I hope you're a rare breed when it come to the topic of suitable punishment for smoking a plant (and doesn't directly harm anyone). Sorry to say it, but if you're not taking the p*ss here, you were the kind that quickly got behind Hitler and ran to join his followers or army (because gov't propaganda told you to).

I would love to know why you think people who get caught with a bit of personal weed should be treated like a murder. Just what is it they're doing that harms your life and/or values so much?

Actually pal you've got it all wrong. It was really a government scheme to get the general population to use marijuana in order to make us stupid and paranoid. this way they can control the masses. Most of us fell for it too. Thankfully most of us stopped puffing it and have normal lives. Alcohol and other drugs are part of the scheme also. I just say let the guy who got caught with the weed be deported and never allowed to return. Would that be the end of the world for the guy? No

Thanks for the follow up; it's highly appreciated! I think you'll be fine, not too many consequences. But like others have said, it's good to pre-arrange funds and people who can arrange stuff on your behalf (such as an airline ticket out of the country, should it be needed.)

Thanks for the follow up; it's highly appreciated! I think you'll be fine, not too many consequences. But like others have said, it's good to pre-arrange funds and people who can arrange stuff on your behalf (such as an airline ticket out of the country, should it be needed.)

Benni81,

It's my understanding that once it get's into the legal system, buying your way out isn't very likely (or maybe even possible) to happen. You've got to start offering some money at the time of the bust when there's just you and the cop(s). You may still have a chance if you end up at the police station, but it will cost you considerably more. Once it gets into the legal system, that's where it will stay.

• Like 1

Been ten years in Thailand, out and about all the time, and never ever ever has a cop even intimated that he might search me.

Same goes for all my friends, mostly 20 years here.

Can we see a photo so we know why the cop chose you?

I have never seen elephants having sex in my decades of living in SE Asia. Therefore I conclude it simply does not occur. Logical is it not?

I don't know 20 elephants some with Ph.Ds in my circle if friends who all get out and about daily. Logical fallacy?

As much as I may disagree with certain laws against drugs I try to follow the laws of any country that I'm in. Anyone with half a brain knows that Thailand and Malaysia are harder on drug offenders than in most Western countries. If a person is willing to take the risks then they have to accept the consequences. If you don't like the laws of a country then go somewhere else. Sorry, I just don't have much sympathy for those that get caught. I know that riding a motorbike is very risky in Thailand, but I don't expect any sympathy if I get hurt and I'll have to deal with it when it happens.

I don't wish anything bad to happen to anyone, but I just have to shrug my shoulders when I see people intentionally flaunting the laws of Thailand.

• Like 1

bullshit.

Nothing until they go for a drive, having said that it might improve them here!!!

Imo, to weigh in on the pro/against cannabis thing, it is completely stupid in 2013 that the industrial and medical properties of both sorts of Cannabis (sativa and indica) has not been pursued. There are several/many studies proving the many benefits of both THC and Cannabidol. The latter has been used with success treating depression and even schizophrenia to the same effectiveness of drugs. The problem is, that because Cannabidol is illegal in most parts of the world there is no industrial production of it and therefore it is inhibitently expensive. But could you imagine if Cannabidol could actually replace the dangerous anti-psychotics? A natural 'cure' for schizophrenia without harsh side effects? There goes billion of dollars for the pharma companies unfortunately. Likewise THC and Cannabidol has been proven good for anything from pain medication to cancer.

Consider that most strong painkillers are highly addictive and come from another drug - opium - how come that cannabis isn't even allowed for serious medicinal research? I wonder, if the current legal system had been in place in the past, would morphine even have been discovered?

• Like 1

bullshit.

Nothing until they go for a drive, having said that it might improve them here!!!

I'm sure the well-indoctrinated will scoff at this, and I would encourage them to find evidence that contradicts it, but the the truth of the matter is that driving under the influence of cannabis is safer than driving under the influence of alcohol. Needless to say, driving under the influence of neither is the safest, but this post in absurdly biased because it doesn't even take alcohol into account, and the incidences of road accidents due to alcohol consumption are infinitely higher than those due to cannabis. As I said, those who want to defend the laws against cannabis never have anything sensible of valid to offer.

"A new study suggests that legalizing medical marijuana reduces traffic fatalities. The authors noted that legalizing marijuana reduces alcohol consumption, and people are more wary of driving high than drunk. Which drug is actually more dangerous on the road?

Alcohol, and it’s not even close. It’s hard to directly compare alcohol and marijuana, because driving impairment depends on dosage and the two drugs tend to affect different skills. (Pot makes drivers worse at mindless tasks like staying in a lane, while alcohol undermines behaviors that require more attention like yielding to pedestrians or taking note of stop signs.) Nevertheless, Yale psychiatrist Richard Sewell reviewed the academic literature on driving while intoxicated in a 2009 article, and found that alcohol is significantly more dangerous. Real-world data from auto accidents indicate that a drunk driver is approximately 10 times more likely to cause a fatal accident than a stoned driver. In most studies, smoking one-third of a joint or less has virtually no impact on a driver’s performance. A couple of studies even suggest that pot smokers are less likely to cause an accident than sober drivers.

It’s a little surprising that THC has such a small effect on driving. In experiments testing the skills required for driving—coordination, visual tracking, and reaction time—rather than driving itself, subjects under the influence of pot fare significantly worse than sober people. But when you put them behind the wheel of a driving simulator, tokers perform okay. Those who have taken in a moderate dose of the drug show minimal impairment, and very experienced smokers show almost no deficit at all. (Interestingly, habitual stoners are also better at driving drunk than ordinary people.)

Source: http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/explainer/2011/11/does_marijuana_make_you_a_more_dangerous_driver_than_alcohol_.html

bullshit.

probably would